Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2018, 06:10 PM   #1

1977 Motorhome

Hi,

I actually own a motorhome and i'm looking for selling it. We were travelling from the Canada to the west coast but now, i'm out of monney. I'm actually looking to know what is the mark of my motorhome. I was sure that it was a GMC but some people told me that is impossible, it's look a little bit different. If someone can help me

There is a picture of my motorhome.

Thanks
knks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2018, 07:01 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

Look at the horn button for a clue. If no 'Ford, GMC, Chevy bowtie, or Dodge" on the steering wheel center, look to the left of the driver's seat for a builder's plate that should reveal info on chassis, tire pressures, etc.

Look under the hood at the engine for rocker cover logos or names. Another place to check is inside some of the cabinets. Often a build sheet with information was fastened in a cabinet as identification.

How do you know it's a 1977 model? If the info is from the title or registration, that should provide more clues about the motorhome.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:50 PM   #3

Hi,

Over the Steering wheel i can see a Chevrolet logo.

It's a gm motor inside and over the paper but on the paper on the side (it's the paper that let me hesitate)

Concord-Titan Motor Homes div.
Manufactured by : Canastats New york
Inc VEh MFD by : General Motors Corp.
D.O.M : 3-77 CPY 377 *** *** ***
Old 01-26-2018, 07:55 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
So the chassis (engine, transmission, drive train, axles) made by Chevrolet. Then Titan Motor Homes made the body and interior. Most likely a 'Concord' model name.

Here's a link to what comes up when you search for "Concord Titan Motor Homes"

Bob & Donna
Old 01-26-2018, 07:59 PM   #5

Hi,

Is worth more or less than a gmc motorhome ? How it's work to get the evaluation, is the price on the website you site are right ? I'm right now very confused i was sure that it was a gmc, i never hear about concord haha ! Where is this company now ?
Old 01-26-2018, 08:05 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by knks123 View Post
Hi,

Is worth more or less than a gmc motorhome ? How it's work to get the evaluation, is the price on the website you site are right ? I'm right now very confused i was sure that it was a gmc, i never hear about concord haha ! Where is this company now ?
There is no right answer here, because the Motorhome Manufacture buys stripped chassis,i.e Ford, Dodge, Workhorse, Frieghtliner, etc...

For instance, a Tiffin Motor Home can have either a Ford, Workhorse, Frieghtliner chassis.

For selling it, I would find a "Chevy/GMC guy"

Bottom line, you have a Titan RV with a GMC chassis
Old 01-26-2018, 08:15 PM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by knks123 View Post
Hi,

The Titan-Champian brand was bought out or replaced by the Covington name in the early 1990's. Covington became part of Forest River RV.

The GMC motorhomes where chassis and body built by GMC. They generally used Oldsmobile Toronado engines and transmissions that made them front wheel drive. This allowed a much lower floor since they had no driveshaft running to a rear differential. Many of them are still around and very highly desired, thus their value has stayed high. https://www.rvtrader.com/GMC-For-Sal...GMC%7C2264212&

Most likely your RV is built on a step van chassis and isn't really special or highly desired except by vintage RV owners. It looks good, but not special unless there's hidden treasure inside.

Bob & Donna
Old 01-26-2018, 08:21 PM   #8

Hi,

It's nice to know, thanks a lot. There is no treasure insude :( It's all restored but no treasure. I had no information before this topic about the motorhome, i baught it from an old guys in Canada. They had it since like 40 years haha ! If people, have more information, i love to learn about it. I still checking to sell it, gas cost me more than 3 times what i think haha !
Old 01-26-2018, 09:20 PM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It sure looks like a ______ product.

Here comes a history lesson from my past...

Back in the 1970's there were Concord, Champion and Titan motorhomes. These were sold as a good-better-best series. Many of the Titan motorhomes had a beige side rather than the color shown in the picture. The Concord motorhomes had blue stripes (I think) and the Champion had gold striping. I don't recall the windows being dark tinted and the nose of the coach looks completely different.

So, maybe this was originally an orphan unit that was sold when the company went bankrupt and the front nose was added later?

The problem is I can't remember what the manufacturer was called! IE the _________ product header above.

My parents owned 3 different Titan's and our family had many good times. Do you have any interior pictures?
Arkie_ENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:52 PM   #10

Hi,

There is 3 pictures of the interior :

Old 01-31-2018, 07:28 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
good looking interior!
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:31 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Very nice condition. Should sell fast, though it won't likely bring much money due to age.
pduggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:53 AM   #13

The other issue might be importing it if it's registered in Canada and you are trying to sell it in the US.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:55 AM   #14

Hi,

Yes, i know about that, but there is a special company in montreal specialized in that kind of import and i will pay all fee's related ^^

Tags
motorhome