Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2007, 07:29 PM   #155

I sure will. . .when all the parts get here. . .

Maybe by the end of next week. . .If I'm lucky. The keyboard tray is finally showing movement on it's way to me, the computer should be shipped out tomorrow, expecting to get here by the weekend, and the upgrade part to give it wireless will be purchased probably Thursday, to arrive sometime next week. I'll get at least one picture of the setup for the Linux install. It will be a bit. . .strange. . .

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2007, 02:17 PM   #156

OK, the project is on hold until the rest of the parts get here, and even then installation of those parts will likely be the end of it until I can both replumb and rewire the rig. Oh, and do something about the heating duct. That will allow me to remove the false floor, and build drawers for the clothes that are in the overhead cabinets. I'll likely go ahead and put the pictures I've taken so far up on Picasa and caption them. That'll keep my mind off of waiting for my parts to get here.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:20 PM   #157

Vintage RV Owners Club
I know what you mean Sanjay, I'm waiting for our home to be finished and you are waiting on parts. And to make things even more fun we get to play the governments favorite game," Hurry up and wait!!" I can't even wait!!
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:03 PM   #158

Well, I finally broke down and went over to WallyWorld and got me some not-fishing gear. for $15 I got a cheap rod and open reel, then I got some lead weights and a couple of floats. Now I can go down on the fishing dock and cast my line into the river, and reel it back in. Cast it out, and reel it back in. Never seem to catch anything though. Perhaps not putting a hook on it has somethng to do with that. You see, catching fish has nothing to do with the real purpose of fishing. It is not about catching fish! It is about sitting in a boat in the middle of the lake and drinking yourself stupid!

Well, I don't eat fish, and I don't drink. but casting and reeling the line is a relaxation all in itself. . .

Drats,. they do not have a fishing smiley up there. . .

Old 09-12-2007, 11:03 AM   #159

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oi!! No hooks?????? I must try this sometime!!! You are way too Bored!!If I can bring it up here I will show you what Fishing is all about!! Shoot...The picture is /was in the Compaq and that hard drive was toast! I have the picture in a disc but those are in the safe and that is in the motorhome. I got the picture, Now if I can put it here?? http://picasaweb.google.com/rvtravelers1997/GoneFishIn
Well, I will settle for the link. Dang think is contrary!!!
Old 09-12-2007, 06:23 PM   #160

Cap'n, if you fish for food, then hooks are fine. I do not eat fish, so there would be no honor in me using hooks and actually *catching* fish. Also, without hooks, I will not be needing a license. . .
Casting and reeling in the line can be a meditative exercise. . .

Old 09-12-2007, 06:33 PM   #161

Vintage RV Owners Club
I wonder how the game and fish would think about that?? I'd like to be there to see there faces when you pull the line out and no hook on the end of the line!!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:35 AM   #162

OK, first set of pics is up. There will be more when I get more parts. . .

Old 09-13-2007, 02:47 PM   #163

Vintage RV Owners Club
I don't know what happened but I get a error 404 not found when I click the link
I have you earmarked for your albums and was able to see them so something is wrong with the link. That is a neat install buddy!!
Old 09-13-2007, 04:26 PM   #164

malformed by the editor, perhaps due to a jumpy mouse. . . Will be glad when I get the new station up and running. Try it now. .

Old 09-13-2007, 06:19 PM   #165

Vintage RV Owners Club
It's ok, I saw them on or should I say in my favorites with Picasa2! I'm glad you figured it out as Mine drives me nuts sometimes. It took me a hour to find the cartoon and then I got the link and when you go thru the link, it gives you a still picture. The one on the site and in my folder are different. The one on my computer moves and the fish is huge when the man steps up. For some reason, Google won't let it move. Same with the tweety in my folder. It moves for a background but on google no motion. Go figure???
Tomorrow I go down and see what they have got done and what is left to finish. Yes, I will get pictures and post them. Its about time for Lorna to show up! I sent her a E-mail about our plans for the winter and asked some questions about campgrounds over there where they are at.
Will check in later,
Old 09-14-2007, 11:40 PM   #166

Posting now from the new computer. Holy ^&#&^& this screen is beautiful!! And WOW is the computer a joy to use. Frankly, the only difficulty I have had with it at all is getting and keeping a network connection! That difficulty is only because of the strange gyrations I have to go through until I get the wireless card for this box. MAN will I be rockin' then! The wireless card and the keyboard tray are the only parts I need for the primary install. I'll remember to take more pics of the install process this time, I promise!!

Old 09-15-2007, 07:05 AM   #167

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sanjay R:
Posting now from the new computer. Holy ^&#&^& this screen is beautiful!! And WOW is the computer a joy to use... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

severe case of jealousy!!! Cellular antenna adapter broken...2 signal lines... hard to open/post on forums... Also computer is displaying blue screens alot this week... I think it's dying... I need a new CPU
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:12 PM   #168

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oh My, I hope that is not serious!! Those things cost bigtime!! If it is a laptop see if they have a computer renaissance in your area. They tried and gave up on my old one and gave me a good deal on this Dell I have. They also sale and service towers and all the other little goodies!
Sanjay, Be careful with that fishing rod and reel. I heard someone was keeping a couple of rods in there truck or car and the fish and wildlife gave him a ticket anyway. He was visiting in another state. That really sucks!!
Well check in later, Hope both of you get everything done the way you want,