Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2017, 04:34 AM   #1

1977 Pace Arrow H model

Just bought a 77 PA last night. Mostly good shape, does have restore work to do. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on good resources for vintage rv parts. (Most of what Google is giving me is trailer parts). I'm not disillusioned, I know a lot of it I'll have to update to something modern and compatible which isn't a problem. But there are a few parts that I would love to find vintage replacements for to keep its old school charm. Anybody got suggestions (or an old Pace Arrow you're parting out lol)?
Whitterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2017, 05:30 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning, well your at the right place here on irv2.I have a 84PA and have found a place down in Az Yuma, Hilco, they have so many parts and if the don't they will know where too find them. hey retired from MHing and runs this place, if interested I can give you the phone #.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 05:50 AM   #3

Yes please! And thank you!
Old 06-08-2017, 07:43 AM   #4

Whitterz,

Let's just start by saying that my BIL and I know a whole lot about old motorhomes. Some of the problems are common even to those as new (from our POV) as yours.

Expect all the rubber to be shot. Not just the tires. It those are over 8 years old, don't travel on them. They are dated, read the dates. This also includes the fuel, coolant and brake hoses. Replacing all of these is some work and expensive if you farm it out, but there is nothing even a passable wrench can't handle. Besides, you want to replace the coolant because the corrosion inhibitors are dead, and the fuel lines to put in alcohol compatible and the brake fluid has also aged out (it collects water). Also be belts and door seals, but you really need to inspect everything.

Remember, you have a 40 year old truck (needs lots of maintenance) with a 40 year old house built on it that has been though an earthquake for every 10 miles it was driven.

Frank
F76Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:19 AM   #5

Thanks Frank, but I'm not new to restoration of vintage transportation.😀 We have a 1967 Sears speed boat, a 1979 Dodge Aspen, and a1970 Dodge Challenger. I also work in the RV industry so I'm very familiar with motorhomes in general. Believe me when I say all the rubber on the unit will be getting updated and that was already on the table. I'm really looking specifically for resources and information on replacing some of the vintage elements on the unit that I would like to keep original. For example, somewhere along the line the co-pilot seat was replaced so it doesn't match the pilot. Its functional, so I'm gonna leave it be for now while dealing with more important repairs, but I really would like to find a matching seat, even in poor condition (I can reupholster). It's a part of the coach I don't want to modernize (among some others) and I was just looking for advice on good places for original parts.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:52 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitterz View Post
Yes please! And thank you!

Hilco Rv Supplies & Service

RV Repair & Service

1 review on

Is this your business? Verify your listing

190 S Avenue B, Yuma, AZ 85364
Cross Streets: Near the intersection of S Avenue B and W Main St

(928) 783-6671
hilcorv.com
PPL out of Huston Tx might be of help also.
Hope you can find your seat.
TIM
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, pace arrow