Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2010, 06:44 PM   #29

Was that old trailer a Lo-liner? Looks sorta like one we had back in the '70's, but had a bed that could be dropped down above dinette if needed.
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2010, 07:18 PM   #30

Send a message via MSN to Sameeee
I have no idea what make it was never found a mark for it, this had the bed too but was not with it when we got it, never got to go camping in it had to sell it
Sameeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameeee View Post
I have no idea what make it was never found a mark for it, this had the bed too but was not with it when we got it, never got to go camping in it had to sell it
Not that it's pertinent to this thread, but ours was an Aristocrat - about 20-22 footer as I recall, pretty nice camp trailer, relatively light and easy to tow...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #32

What was the result?

This was an interesting thread, lots of hard work was going on with this old RV.

Now I'd like to see the end results.

Knock, knock are you there Sameee?
Flyer52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:19 PM   #33

OO I still here, this summer was just to darn HOT! to get much done on this rig. with the cooler weather here. I can get back to work on it. I have one of the front seats fitted and ready to sew. and working on the other. will be posting more now and will be adding pic's of all I get done. still fighting with hubby and son bout painting the outside camo. that is just not going to happen lol.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:27 AM   #34

Sameee ... With what you have done so far with the upholstery job, you're going to turn out a fine looking motorhome. Stick to your guns on the outside paint job ....... camo, ugh!
Good luck and keep giving us photos as you progress.
Flyer52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #35

Thanks, this little rig still has a lot of life in it. we start it a few times a week and it fires right up first turn of the key. I want so much to get-ur-done, I want to go camping lol.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #36

well since the cooler weather is here I have been a busy little bee. not on my rig tho, but for the rig, I got a 5th wheel give to me to demo and part out, alot to use on my rig the rest I am going to sell to get anything needed for my rig,
I got a water heater
power converter and charger
nice colman heater
if the frig was not so big and would fit in mine I would use it too
inside lights
and so much more

so as I get stuff done I will add before and after pic's
some day I'll get to go on the road with this little rig
Old 10-27-2010, 09:14 PM   #37

Vintage RV Owners Club
Craiglist every other piece of that 5th wheel, you'd be surprised at how much cash you can rake in from parting out old Rigs, especially those with working parts.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:59 PM   #38

Another way to remove old tint, especially here in Az. when it gets burnt from the sun is with gumout carb cleaner. Have to careful about spraying it in an enclosed area, but it turns the tint kinda white and brittle. It scraps right off then.

You are doing a great job on the upholstery. Glad the poo smell has gone away.
Vinyl is nice for flooring but not as warm as carpet.
What did you buy for the floors?

The outside looks pretty good. You might try some good quality auto wax and/or polishing compound on the paint. My old '87 Itasca looks pretty good after my son waxed it and I repainted the stripes.
I don't think camo is a good idea either.
leadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:14 AM   #39

I realy love working on this rig, it's not going to look the same when I get done with it, we are going to put vinyl on the floor, I would like carpet but vinyl is easyer to keep clean, with 2 hunters useing it that will be a plus lol,
I did do a search on CL and found prices from rims to the bathtub. and yes there is a lot of $$$$ there. plus the $$$ I am going to save on the things I use for my rig.
the outside does need a new paint job. up close you can see it looks like they used house paint on it and it is peeling a lot.

it is slow going but hope one day I will have it done.