Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-13-2021, 03:28 PM   #1

1987 Holiday Rambler Gillig Imperial Wiring Diagrams

Looking for help finding wiring diagrams for dash components,(wipers, lights, washer pump), looking for power source and ground connections. Any help would be much appreciated.
MATTPAUL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2021, 04:54 PM   #2

Gas or diesel? I've got a 92 diesel chassis and some wiring diagrams. They are a mix of earlier years, not sure if it's because they didn't update until there was an actual change, or it's what was assembled by Gillig. Haven't used them a lot, the problems I've had have been more chase the wire types so I don't know how helpful they really are.

They don't show actual locations of things like grounds, just that a ground is for a certain part of a circuit. I've had quite a few ground problems so I drilled a hole in the sheet metal of the adjuster for the steering column, put a bolt through from the inside with toothed lock washers on each side, a nut on the outside and tightened it up. I have a stud now to add more grounds when I need them. It's a lot faster to run a new wire than chasing through harnesses to find a ground location then clean that.

If you have a diesel what lights are you having trouble with? There are dozens, markers, head lights, spot light, driving and fog, docking, etc. I've glanced through the schematics and they're on multiple sheets, it's a decent sized book.

Also if you have a diesel- on mine there is a circuit breaker box under the hood right in front of the driver. It has a black metal cover and powers everything in the cab so that's where the power starts.
Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 01:43 PM   #3

Gillig Gas chassis 460 Ford engine

We are in need of a dash wiring diagram, 1987 Gillig chassis w/Ford 460 motor.
Anyone have any old service manuals, or have earlier contacts that might,any help would be much appreciated, God bless.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:17 PM   #4

I have some that I've gathered over the last couple of years since we bought our 1990 Limited, which i believe is tge same series. They're kind of a hodgepodge mix, but may help. I have them in electronic format.

Argosy, I'd love to add whatever you have to the ones I have.

I can't remember whether there is a way to share on this forum. Maybe we could upload what each has and maybe get a more complete set.
Mine is a 1990, 38' with the Cat 3208 turbo-diesel V8.
JorgeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 05:37 AM   #5

The ones I have are 11x17 sheets. I can scan a sheet in 2 passes but don't have anything saved.
Old 08-05-2021, 06:13 AM   #6

The unit we have has a Ford 460 gas front engine chassis. Seems to be a very rare bird in finding any wiring diagrams for dash accessories, wipers, turn signals, and light connections for taillights and reverse lights.
Old 08-10-2021, 06:38 AM   #7

I went to a friends house last night who has a 1990 HR, and manuals for it. There was a reference to the Gillig chassis in a chart and quite a few schematics for variations in length and options for both Ford and Chevy chassis. Nothing for the Gillig other than the line in the chart. I wonder if so few were built they never made drawings, just used wiring from one of the others for the right lengths and options?

The schematics were essentially the wiring that ran through the house. At the connector that would have joined the dash connector was a reference to a drawing number for the dash wiring. None of them were in the manual. I also wonder if dash schematics were ever released?

Tags
holiday rambler, wiring, wiring diagram