Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2017, 10:51 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaierl View Post
Yeah, still having issues with it. If I drive it for an hour or so, the engine will stray charged for two or three days. I'm not sure where the fuse panel is for the engine, I know where the internal one is there, but I assume the engine fuses are located somewhere else. I'm thinking about putting in a disconnect switch and routing it into the dash so I can just disconnect the battery easier than opening it up and unhooking it every time I stop for a few days.
The vehicle fuses are in the compartment on top of the dash, just in front of the steering wheel. The yahoo that owned it before me sprayed wasp spray in it, and boy that was a real mess to clean up.
mikeald is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2017, 10:58 PM   #16

One other note. I had a similar problem with my alternator putting out low voltage. Rebuilding or replacing the alternator may be necessary. I replaced mine.
mikeald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:19 PM   #17

I knew I had seen them somewhere, forgot that was where they were. I'll have to check tomorrow, had too much crap going on today to work on it.

I think the alternator is fine, if I run it for awhile, drive around thirty minutes or so, then it will immediately start again. Its only after sitting two or more days give or take that the battery gets drained.
ebaierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:50 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaierl View Post
So I bought a 1988 Tiffin Allegro in great condition. When I drove it from the previous owner, it started fine. He said he hadn't had it on a charger or tender at all. A week later, it struggled to start. I jumped it, and it started fine. Let it run for a bit, but I didn't want to drive it and waste gas, so I shut it off, knowing that it would start next time if I jumped it if I had to.

A week after that, and it won't start at all. Not even trying to turn over as if the battery is completely dead. I'm not sure what could be draining the engine battery though, but I think I must have turned on something or flipped a switch that is draining it somehow. I just don't know where it could be or what I did.

Is there anything that could be draining the battery? I assumed that since it was an engine battery, it would just be plugged into the engine to start it and nothing else. I didn't turn on the radio or lights, so I know its not that. I'm wondering if I flipped a switch that somehow drew power from the engine battery to the house battery.

Hello, If U still have the vehicle, What size main Battery is it take, I am buying a RV 1997, but from a distance and I want to bring a battery with me.

Thanks Dave
770-354-7321
mazedave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro, battery, engine, tiffin