Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2018, 08:12 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
1989 P30 electric fuel pump location.

Hey!

I just wanted to post this on here because I was lead on a wild goose chase of misinformation. My motorhome vapor locked twice yesterday so I went on a hunt for the electric fuel pump. Literally everything I read said that every 80's p30 has the electric pump in the tank. I should have done a little looking around because after draining 40 gallons of fuel from the tank and preparing to lower it I noticed a small electric pump next to it. Turns out none of us truly know what was 100% on any of these P30's because they are so heavily customized. That was my electric pump! Arms are tired after hand pouring all that has back in the tank!
Viciousharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2018, 09:01 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
It could be the external fuel pump was a replacement for an in-tank electric fuel pump installed by someone that didn't want to drop the tank.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:53 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I thought so but I looked up the date code and model of the external and it is from 1988. Also the installation and wiring appears factory so I do think Tiffin did away with the in tank setup.

Tags
cat, electric, fuel, fuel pump, p30