Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2012, 06:12 AM   #1

Question 1991 bounder windsheild needed

Hi I have a 1990 chevy chassy 1990.5 bounder 34s that needs a drivers side windshield. Does any body know a salvage yard or a 1990-1996 bounder for parts.I am in pa near phliadelphia.Thank you Bryan
sleepdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #2

I got mine from Duncan glass in Elkhart ind. it was new about $500 for glass $170 shipping $250 labor wish you luck
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Have You tried an Automotive Glass Shop? They can still be ordered New and often these places know where to obtain gently used glass!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #4

Exactly what I did Duncan is the Guardian Rv glass warehouse
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:20 AM   #5

windsheild needed

Thanks for the info my local rv dealers all use the same glass shop,I started with going there to have the windsheild gasket replaced because it had shrunk and was pulling out of the cap.I was told that it needed both windscreens and they were unsure of the cap condition as far as pulling both sheilds.At the end of the confersation we were at 866 a windsheild and add two hundred more for the gasket replacement labor.I had ordered the gasket from my dealer Indian valley in souderton pa.I am fairly mechanical and didnot understand the cost as the gasket swap with the glass out is a 5 min job not to mention you are not fighting an old dryed out gasket. I found it took me a half hour to pull both glass and 5 min for the gasket.reinstalling was fairly simple with the new gasket,but the drivers side had 2 stons chips and when I put in the lock strip it cracked.One is better than buying two.An online rv glass dealer told me 600plus 180 shipping but only ship to glass shops.I am goint to email the guardian glass warehouse mon thanks for all the info. Bryan
sleepdays is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder