Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2019, 08:38 PM   #1

1994 Bounder 120V Wiring

While trying to label the breakers I found that I could not identify one.
Main 30A,.. A/C 30A,.. one leg GFI forward 20A and one leg port side forward and bedroom 15A. But the last one, to the far right, blue 15A I can not pin down.
So I turned it off and left it off thinking I would find something that was not working, but no. Everything I try is still working. I was hoping it would be the power converter because I would like to have some power inside without the converter drawing that much power. Runs up the elect. bill.

Is there any way to have some 120v inside while on shore power (for fans ect.) without the converter on?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1561233121522.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	250918  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2019, 10:37 PM   #2

If you turn off the converter the battery will discharge.
The battery runs the thermostat for the AC/heat, water heater control, water pump, interior lights and fridge control.

If you have a good battery, the converter will use very little power maintaining it.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 10:50 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
The last breaker MAY be for your ECC. Electronic Climate Control if you have one.

Terry
96Bounder1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:16 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
If you turn off the converter the battery will discharge.
The battery runs the thermostat for the AC/heat, water heater control, water pump, interior lights and fridge control.

If you have a good battery, the converter will use very little power maintaining it.
I'm talking about while it is parked in the back yard and won't be used for weeks. We leave a small oscillating fan on and the roof vents cracked. Plug in the power 8-10 hrs. once a week. If I leave it on shore power I do notice the difference in the electric bill even without A/C and fridig.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Bounder1st View Post
The last breaker MAY be for your ECC. Electronic Climate Control if you have one.

Terry
I guess if I have an ECC I would know? Where is it?

Tags
bounder, wiring