Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2022, 02:06 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 35 FW Tank Fill, Monitor Panel, and AC Breakers

Hi everyone,

I inherited a 1995 Fleetwood Bounder diesel pusher in good condition and I believe it’s a 35-footer based on the ID plate outside and below the driver side window, with a FIN of 735PS 4753662, the manufacturer ID is 33-1749, and the bumper-to-bumper length is around 36 feet by paces.

Of course, there’s no owners or maintenance manuals, and the Fleetwood on-line manual is nearly useless as it’s generic and has no model-specific diagrams (and few diagrams at all). They don’t have the brochure for this model year available on-line, and search engines don’t filter out other models and years.

I can’t figure out how to fill the FW tank from the city supply. Water flows to the faucets, toilet, and shower fine, and with or without them open, the tank still doesn’t fill. I’m guessing there’s a fill and/or vent valve to allow water to fill the tank, but I’ll be darned if I can find it/them.

The tank monitor panel is below the dashboard to the right of the steering wheel column, but pressing any of the buttons doesn’t light up anything. Does the key need to be in the ignition switch and turned on? Most motorhomes I’ve been in have the monitor panel above the sink, range, or side door and come on when buttons are pressed as long as there’s shore power or house batteries connected/on.

Finally, where are the AC power breakers? I found the DC breaker panel and air-con selector switch in the aft cabinet above the dinette on the drivers side, and the chassis fuse box behind the front grill access panel on the driver side. There’s a screwed-on panel on a large electrical box above the shore power cable storage area, but it’s labeled as being for DC fuses.

I’m guessing that’s where the DC-AC inverter, and house and chassis batteries AC-DC and DC-DC chargers also are. I haven’t opened it yet, as I have no tools handy at the moment to remove aftermarket hex sheet metal screws - the stock black plastic square slotted twist fastener heads are there, but I suspect they’re broken/worn-out inside.

Thanks for any help and pointers to where model-specific brochures and owners/maintenance/repair manuals are.

Jim the RV_Guy
RV_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2022, 05:54 PM   #2

Might be Gravity Fill only.......
Fill Valve/Selector switch would be near/with the City Water connection

Monitoring Panel should work w/o ignition key on.....not going to be doing that when camping
Blown DC fuse.

AC Panel.....
Main RV CBs and Individual Branch CBs will be Inside the RV
Foot of bed, bathroom cabinet, panel in kitchen are typical areas
Should have 30A Main with a few 20/15A CBs and DC Fuse panel
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 01:34 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi Old Biscuit,

I found the gravity fill and vent behind the typical ~5” x 5” square white door on the passenger side about even with the kitchen, around eyeball height. Why it’s not by the other hookups on the driver side should be featured on yet-another episode on the TV show “Unsolved Mysteries”.

I realized that the breakers I found in the cabinet above the dinette were the AC breakers, despite their smaller-than-residential size. The adjacent panel labeled something like “DC Distribution” has DC fuses behind it., which only became obvious when I had tools available to remove the cover plate.

Good suggestion to check the fuse for the monitor panel, as a total failure of all indicators/lights is most likely due to no power available … DUH!

Thanks very much for your advice,
Jim the RV_Guy
RV_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, breaker, fleetwood, monitor, panel, tank