Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2020, 05:55 PM   #15

American Coach Owners Club
TST Fuel plate kit Way back in 2004 --I Installed the 150 hp kit --Removed the Muffler-Straight Exhaust--EGT Gauge. Runs Great Still 240 K on the clock.
No Turbo lag at all ! I get 8 to 9 mpg with my 10 K race trailer hanging on the back side, I drive the speed limit -But ! I can pass anything out there ! -- If need be.

>> https://www.tstproducts.com/tstpower...ithkdpkit.aspx
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2020, 08:15 AM   #16

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Actually mine is 160v-176v at Xantrex. I have not been able to open the fuse box yet to test each leg. Only because it's a pain to remove four slightly rusty screws that you cannot get to. I Need to go to Harbor Freight (etc) and find the right tool. I am still looking for ideas, it might be the fuses. hopefully they are still available. Also I have a remote support ticket open with flightsystems.com. Their defect Q/A suggests the regulator connection on pin 2. -- Anyone know where it is on this model? Outside engine or tucked away somewhere? Should I open the rear electrical generating area? (runs perfectly and RPM sounds same as it always did, only 1280 hours.)
dreemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:14 PM   #17

Revive old thread...

I know this is old but I am working on the same generator in a 94 HR navigator. Hoping you can provide an update. I've done much of the testing and narrowed it down to a bad armature. Going to pull the whole genset soon and try to get it rebuilt at a local electric motor shop.
nbluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:39 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Agreed

Everything I read tells me the same too. Armature is bad. Mine still works, but shuts down before it reaches half capacity. As load increases, one leg will decrease voltage and increase amperage. I’ve replaced everything but the big stuff. I’m debating about ditching the genset completely, adding more house battery capacity, and going to a mini split for ac. We move around every few days and the main engine alternator is setup to charge the battery bank along with a 2000w solar array.

For the same money, maybe I can do without a genset.
MatthewChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:03 PM   #19

I was debating the same thing. Is it really worth dumping $$$ into parts?? I think I am going to go for it. It would be really nice to have going down the road for AC. I will keep subscribed and will look forward to any updates you might post.
nbluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 05:05 PM   #20
ptp

www.flightsystems.com has videos that explain the controls and you can call them for technical advice. I have used them when I was a Master Tech working on emergency vehicles and RVs. They put me on the phone with engineers who really know generators and they can rebuild most control boards
ptp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, onan