Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2021, 09:39 PM   #57

https://www.carpartsdiscount.com/auto/fuel-pump-electric-module-assembly/ford~f53.html?3593=575038
teezr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2021, 05:33 AM   #58

I’ve had trouble with Airtex on another application but this may very well be a good solution for those whose hanger and fuel level sender is still in good condition. At least it gives an option. How long has yours been installed? (I had an after market pump (not Airtex) fail on the first trip at about 250 miles. I realize OEM can also fail.)
Old 11-02-2021, 08:33 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997_pace View Post
so you do not think the delphi will work.
According to the information given us here on the forum, it does not appear to be a proper pump for the application. No. It may "work" to some degree though.
The pump assembly or "hanger" is what's giving some fits. Once one of those has been found that works acceptably then you could always swap whatever pump is in it for a more suitable Walbro pump. Like maybe this one-
https://walbrofuelpumps.com/ford-f53...-cyl-7-5l.html
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 08:26 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda3 View Post
I recommend getting some gasket maker for the seal of the new pump to the tank as the new pumps gasket is too small, and the old pump gasket is too big. Also the hardest part of putting the fuel tank back for us was reinstalling the fuel pump fill tubing back to the tank. We used two ratcheting straps one at the front and one at the back to lift the tank off the ground and suspended in place to reattach that pipe. After that is was as simple as ratcheting the tank all the way back up and bolting it back together.
So did this work?
1997_pace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 03:58 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997_pace View Post
So did this work?

It doesn't work. She isn't holding pressure the way she needs to because the pump is significantly less psi. I'm waiting on the inline pump to arrive. Installing that with the pump already on the tank should work fine. Will update again when I can.
Panda3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 04:57 PM   #62

the pump is back on the market Motorcraft-PFS48 Fuel Sender buy it now!!
Old 11-10-2021, 08:18 PM   #63

I just purchased my own on amazon
Old 11-10-2021, 09:49 PM   #64

That is really good news. I’ve put over 1500 trouble-free miles on the PFS48 I purchased a few months ago.
Old 11-11-2021, 07:33 AM   #65

So it is working well then correct?
Old 11-11-2021, 06:35 PM   #66

Yes it is the OEM unit and works well. I’ve read where some had problems but that happens with all products. I’m 100% pleased with mine. (And I’m a perfectionist when it comes to this kind of thing. I don’t want trouble, I want to be able to drive it and forget it is back there.)
Old 11-11-2021, 06:38 PM   #67

Do you know by any chance how to wire it up..
Old 11-11-2021, 06:49 PM   #68

If it's a "three wire" it's not hard to sort out. One wire is just ground, another a variable ground that is the fuel gauge sender, and the last is powered up when you turn the key on to run the fuel pump. Colors I don't recall, but "Subford" has been kind enough to post a few copies of the factory wiring diagrams in various places on this forum.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 07:18 PM   #69

It will come with a wiring diagram, at least mine did. And if not, it really isn’t hard to sort out. Subford’s info is available, and we can help you if need be. If yours is three wires, you will hook the ground to the two grounds and one wire goes to the pump and one to the fuel level sender. I think it will be largely obvious to you when you get into it but as GypsyR pointed out you can find out which is the + pump wire by measuring with power on from the ignition switch. Do be careful, you are working around open gasoline and with fumes coming out. I kept a fire extinguisher at hand at all times and was careful not to do anything that might cause a spark. You would do well to sort it out before you take the pump out of the tank so you don’t have the fire hazard while messing with the wiring. You will likely have to butt splice a wire or two. The splices are outside the tank and you can use form-a-gasket to waterproof the splices if you want to. In my case, someone had already adapted the three wire to four wire. I just ran a new ground to the frame and spliced it into the ground wires to get my voltage up where it should be.
Old 11-12-2021, 06:45 AM   #70

In the picture the new pump has 4 wires. Red, red/black, black, yellow

Tags
ace, fleetwood, fuel, fuel pump, pace arrow, pump