Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2018, 05:19 PM   #1

Post 1997 Newmar Mountain Aire 40 ft diesel pusher service manuals?

Yes, I have purchased probably the worst kept 2 owner 97 newmar mountain aire 40 foot diesel pusher .
It has just about everything going wrong with it but I'm determined to restore it inside and out..
I'm quite capable to do anything as long as its my hands doing it , not my brain...lol..
But I'm getting tired of trying to figure out everything on my own.... I NEED A SERVICE MANUAL PLEASE....I CANT TAKE IT ANY LONGER!!!!!! can anybody help me out???
I have about every other manual that they gave out but their worthless..I wish the original tape that came with it wasnt missing it would be amuzing I'm sure just to watch it...I called newmar they told me that the dealer that sold it new was to show the owner all about it...that's okay but I'm now the 3rd owner...then they said the owner should have shown the next owner how everything worked ..so on and so on.
.well that didnt happen..anyway enough blowing off about all these trivial little things...I'm hoping to find a complete service manual on it...that's the jest of my questions..thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181101_095642.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	388.1 KB
ID:	224723   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181101_095754.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	285.5 KB
ID:	224724  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181101_095723.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	403.8 KB
ID:	224725   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181030_110353.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	224726  

j35bonanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2018, 10:49 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

According to two of your photos, the problem with your RV is that it's upside down! It's also a shame that the seller didn't either know the unit sold to you or didn't want to take the time. When I bought my first RV the dealer's service tech spent more than 2 hours with me demonstrating every system, and explained everything. During that run through we found one broken dump valve handle and the chassis disconnect solenoid was bad. Both were repaired before I left the lot to drive it home 1,400 miles.

About the only 'Service Manual' would be published by your chassis, engine, and transmission manufacturers. RV manufacturers don't have big enough production runs on any given model to write manuals specific to the model, so they are very general and thus not that useful to the RV owner. A good

This is the Owner's Guide for your vehicle. It gives some information, but is a far cry from a 'Service Manual.'

My recommendation is to do a top to bottom survey of your own vehicle. On every component you find, note the name and model number of each item. Also make note of any fuses or circuit breakers you find. Then use Google to search for owners and service manuals for each item you found. I have downloaded PDF copies of all the items in my RV and they come in handy.

Also don't be afraid to ask specific questions on the forum, there's lots of knowledge and experience to take advantage of here.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:08 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
If you haven't already figured this out, the Owner's Manual you wanted doesn't exist... it never did. All the RV manufacturer puts out is some generalized pap that never addresses any specifics of a particular coach.

What you need is probably available in bits on the internet, which is...

A maintenance manual for your diesel engine and transmission (which will be a 96, not a 97) so you can get an idea of service intervals, or you can take it to a reliable diesel shop and they can look it up for you. They can also show you how to change your oil and locate your fuel filters, if they're a decent shop.

A manual on your generator; again, service intervals and exercise recommendations (the best Onan troubleshooting guide is https://www.flightsystems.com/pdf/on...ting-guide.pdf

Manuals for your reefer, inverter, ACs/furnace and awning.

Wiring and plumbing diagrams are hopeless; seems like half these RVs are put together differently than the manufacturers designed them, and previous owners of old coaches may have changed and swapped out a lot.

Better overall to ask questions as they come up; nothing more for fun for other posters than answering questions you've dealt with yourself!
HoneyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, service, manual, air, newmar