Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-06-2021, 05:16 PM   #1

4way flasher issue

Hi
I have a 1987 e-350 small motorhome and I wanted to get it inspected but the 4 way flashers donít work on the back lights. The directional and stop lights work so where would you think the flasher circuit joins the wiring to the back? Any ideas would be appreciated
Thx
Bruce
maynardb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2021, 05:48 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by maynardb View Post
Hi
I have a 1987 e-350 small motorhome and I wanted to get it inspected but the 4 way flashers donít work on the back lights. The directional and stop lights work so where would you think the flasher circuit joins the wiring to the back? Any ideas would be appreciated
Thx
Bruce
Typically the common point is the "hazard" switch. If you can, check the connections to it, maybe spray some contact cleaner into it and just operate it numerous times to 'clean' the contacts. Good luck!
OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
Typically the common point is the "hazard" switch. If you can, check the connections to it, maybe spray some contact cleaner into it and just operate it numerous times to 'clean' the contacts. Good luck!
Just went through this with 2002 3500 HD classic, same issue.

Dealer for new switch including cruise, turn signal etc. $550.00 plus

O Reillys, Approximately $130.00

Anywhere non dealer item just the switch itself, everywhere less than $20.00.

However, be sure and watch some YouTube videos FIRST!!!!!!

The switch itself is marginally more work than the whole assembly. But there are some tricks of the trade that make it impossible without the YouTube instructions.

I'm short term memory challenged to I had to watch the video as I did it. The other thing was I had to go to Harbor Freight for some picks.

Good luck.

OOPS I see yours is a Ford. all bets off.
Old 05-07-2021, 05:38 AM   #4

Thx for the replies. I’ll check that switch today
Old 05-07-2021, 03:42 PM   #5

I wd40íd the switch by pulling it out and spraying it. The next day I tried it and it worked, so Iím not even going to try replacing it. Thx for the advice, it put me in the right direction
👍
Old 05-07-2021, 04:24 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Excellent day when things go good!

I hope the inspection goes well too.
OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote