Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2016, 08:51 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
'91 Sun Stream 2000 8370, Blackwater tank?

WE made the leap, bought a '91 Sun Stream 2000, Model 8370, Its going to be a lot of questions and trial and error. I hope with help to cut back the errors.
I think somebody eliminated the brown/black water tank. The dump valves have been removed and just have threaded caps. The grey water tank is there, I can't see the Black water holding tank. I want to set this up back the way it was, for Boondocking,, We, several friends and myself will be going to NASCAR races, and need holding tanks.
Anybody with pictures of the 2 tanks and valves layout and /or measurements and source of tanks be Greatly appreciated.
Modynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2016, 12:52 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Modynomite, As for your question, with out a pic, can only speculate, but if you do not have the Y pipe and the two blade connectors, something is certainly amiss!!
There is a very smart guy that is on this forum that is in Brooksville right now, and it might be worth your while to send him a PM, and see if he can come look at it for you, and give you some advice. His handle is (franka548) Worth a shot? Rail!
Old 03-06-2016, 05:28 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Can you post a picture of this connection area? Is the toilet inside still attached? Can you open the toilet valve and look inside where the tank should be?
Old 03-06-2016, 05:55 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Thanks for the welcome, Guardrail53,, and the info.. I thought about a pic, later last night,, Will do that after it warms up some, only 40something, and to us its chilly. Ya, somebody removed the Y-pipe and blade valves,,
Sending franka548 and message now,, thanks for that tidbit,, maybe he can walk me through operation of this monster,, a bit bigger than we were looking for, but price was right, (if no hidden major problems)
Old 03-06-2016, 06:00 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Thanks Lifemember, as I told Guardrail, its kind of chilly,, I'll get out there in a bit and get a picture,,, I'll look down the hole,, I'm taking what your saying, the blackwater holding will directly under the toilet? if so it might be there and I'll just need valves and a little plumbing. That would be great. Thanks,,,
Old 03-06-2016, 06:33 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modynomite View Post
Thanks Lifemember, as I told Guardrail, its kind of chilly,, I'll get out there in a bit and get a picture,,, I'll look down the hole,, I'm taking what your saying, the blackwater holding will directly under the toilet? if so it might be there and I'll just need valves and a little plumbing. That would be great. Thanks,,,
Most are direct, some have an offset. I cant imagine them removing the black tank altogether. But stranger things have happened.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:13 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Looked in the hole, (lovely) lol,, still not sure,, pipe goes straight down and maybe a small tank, how big are they 5, 10, 15 gal?? Thinking like Lifemember says probably not been removed.
But the valveing has been removed, for some reason, found the old Y so I can at least get on like it and or plumb back close to original..
Old 03-06-2016, 10:20 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
oK,, it doesn't happen often, but once again, I have to admit I'm stupid... How do I upload pictures to a Post.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:40 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Hope this helps. It has a Marine toilet.

http://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/towab...n%20Stream.pdf

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:51 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
you have at least an 80 gal tank. I would hope it was empty.

post picture

Click Quick Reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
•Click Go Advanced, add text to message window and then scroll down.
•Click Manage Attachments. A separate window will pop up.
•Click Browse... then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 620 x 620 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
•Click Upload. After pics have loaded, close the pop-up window.
•Click Submit Reply to post the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:54 AM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
The valves could have been leaking and they intended to replace. Or some one needed the valves and took them.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:43 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
trying pics

Pic 1 and 2 This what I have now, Pic 3 Found the old Y connector,, Pic 4 must be what I need.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Grey WT.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	120746   Click image for larger version

Name:	Drains.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	120747  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tee.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	120748   Click image for larger version

Name:	71nC2m02FcL__SL1500_.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	120749  

Old 03-06-2016, 07:20 PM   #13

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Richard,
I think you are correct on pic4 being what you need. It looks close. Now it depends on how badly they butchered the piping on whether you will need anything else.
Rail,
You are too kind with your praise, I wouldn't say I was that smart, just been around this stuff a long time. Have made arrangements to meet with Richard this week and see if I can help him
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:25 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Well Frank, hope I did not volunteer you into a "smelly" (saying it nicely) situation!
I'm sure you two will figure things out! Rail!

Tags
tank, water