Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2017, 01:16 PM   #1

92 Alpenlite

Hello everyone,

I am buying a 92 Alpenlite 5th wheel. It's in pretty good condition but needs work. Excited to get some stuff done to it and see it finished. Plan so far is to live in it but after it's all said and done I might just sell it and get another newer bigger fixer upper.

Hope to have a great adventure here in the trailer and on this forum.

Katie and Cody Dog
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0236.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	324.9 KB
ID:	178952   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-07-18-07-59-49-1.png
Views:	53
Size:	766.0 KB
ID:	178953  

Name:	20170719_145246.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	178954   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170719_145238.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	178955  

Katie-N-Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2017, 01:55 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
For a 92' it's doesn't look too bad. They were a above average trailer in it's day.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:40 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Katie,

Glad you found the Vintage page. There will be people come on and answer your questions about the furnace and plumbing.

I was checking out YouTube and entered "RV furnace won't stay lit" and it brought up a few videos you might want to look at. YouTube is a great source of learning about these rigs.

I looked up your rig and you have a lot of places you can insulate to help you this winter. Check out your post of the 5th wheel page for some ideas.

Best of luck with you. You and Cody will like living in this rig, it is great to be camping all the time once you get your issues fixed.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:06 PM   #4

Thank you. I was a little scared to purchase it because I don't know anything about travel trailers except they need a vehicle to tow them bigger than my little 1500. I'm glad I got this one. It's in pretty good condition and no mold. The apartment that I share with my children (long story) I can't stay in due to the mold irritating my asthma but I can stay in the trailer and not have a problem. It does have it's problems but it's not bad.

I'm learning about how cold it is in a trailer. I thought it would be a tad warmer but I think once I get the skirting up and start insulating it'll get better. I'm most concerned about my tanks. I just don't want them to freeze and have a huge cost to get them replaced.

I will be updating the other post in the 5th wheel section but as of yesterday the water and heat issue have been resolved. My son fixed the water. Apparently, I flipped a switch and messed it up and he happened to find it. LOL bad me.

My other issue I guess I just needed more time because the heater is working fine now. Although again I will be happy once I get started on insulating and skirting. I've just been learning how to seal it and even though it looks like a 2 year old did it I'm proud to say the lower areas that I can reach are done now it's just my son getting the higher areas.

Here some more pictures of my storage solutions. I dislike not having storage so I found a way to get more. Works like a charm.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	resizedtrailer1.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	179232   Click image for larger version

Name:	resizedtrailer2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	179233  

Katie-N-Cody is offline   Reply With Quote