Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2019, 10:40 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
92 Bounder Pittman arm and drag link

New to the forum so bare with me. I do not know the words needed to purchase these parts. Where the Pittman arm and drag link connect is a rubber part that is worn causing play. The drag link then connects ack by the shock and that rubber is bad. I need to purchase the replacement “rubber” . Can anyone tell me the name of these rubber parts? Pics attached to help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E6F9B9B7-6800-4F70-B1DF-B0B1379604E9.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	251304   Click image for larger version

Name:	65F07625-0F62-4D35-9B38-9877D6B62C91.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	246.1 KB
ID:	251305  

Click image for larger version

Name:	6C6C24C3-6870-41A7-BF3B-4A6D0D9C28F6.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	251306  
MANOFMAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2019, 12:48 AM   #2

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for or not. I have this same item on my list and this is what I found:

* No one sells just the seals... but Amazon and ebay.

* You need 4 of the larger rubber seals to complete the job; and from another post I found this lead on Amazon (place a double order to get 4 seals):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

* You also should not use a "pickle fork" and hammer to remove the joint. Instead buy a ball joint puller at Harbor Freight. We found they make two types so we bought them both in the $20 range each. We have not started this project, so maybe you will finish your job and let us know how everything turned out.

There are a lot of owners driving around with these cracked OEM boots that don't last very long. And I think the replacement boots will last a long time because they are polyurethane.

Good luck.

Separator #1:
https://www.harborfreight.com/3-4-qu...tor-99849.html

Tie Rod Separator#2:
https://www.harborfreight.com/tie-ro...ler-63684.html

TIE ROD END REMOVAL TOOL VIDEO:

TIE ROD POLIMER REPAIR By Nu-Tech: Video:

SEMI TRUCK TIE ROD END REMOVAL VIDEO:
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:14 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If I'm understanding your question correctly the rubber seal would not cause play, it's to keep the grease in and water/dirt out. If there is play then the steering component(s) needs replacing.
Randalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randalpho View Post
If I'm understanding your question correctly the rubber seal would not cause play, it's to keep the grease in and water/dirt out. If there is play then the steering component(s) needs replacing.
that's right! …
Mojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:11 PM   #5

Still looking for the right size boot cover

I have a 2004 Itasca "Horizon" 40AD with an Evolution Freightliner chassis... and a Neway Independent Front Suspension (IFS). ..And I'm still hoping someone can verify the right size boot cover for my steering arms?

I also ordered this part on Amazon, but I don't think it's correct. It looks too small:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This one may work, but I don't know:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Then I came across one Monaco owner who said these boots from Energy Suspension worked for him. And this boot looks promising for my Neway IFS - Freightliner steering system boots:

https://www.energysuspensionparts.com/90.13127

So now I'm hopeful one of these last two boots will fit my application. I even emailed Energy Suspension 1-week ago, but I did not get a reply. So it's up to us folks to find a suitable replacement boot!

FYI... Here's a reference to all types of boots. The problem for me is that I have no way of measuring the size.
https://www.energysuspensionparts.co...dust-boots.asp
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 06:40 PM   #6

In over 50 years of working on many different classes of vehicles it has been very, very, rare that just the boot is bad. Usually the joint is also bad.
The last boots I had go bad were about 6 months ago. I had bought new upper control arms, complete with all components. They were Moog parts but what I did not know is the American made parts had been discontinued and I got Chinese made parts. By the first oil change (3,000 miles) the boots had cracked and also would not take grease anymore. I had done an oil change when I replaced the upper control arms .Moog replaced them with parts made in Taiwan. This was for my Dodge Dakota.
leadman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder