Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2021, 07:30 PM   #1

92 Fleetwood Bounder Upper Radiator Hose

Has anyone found the right hose for a 92 Fleetwood Bounder?

I've searched Rock Auto. They show two different-looking hoses. They're both actually the same and both wrong. I've checked for 90 thru 95 for the F53, F350, E350, and for all engines. No luck. Same story at the auto parts store. I even searched the hose isle at the local parts store and at their hub store. Nothing!

So I'm making a hose from some tuner-type silicon 45s, a straight hose, an aluminum splice, an aluminum reducer, and a bunch of hose clamps.

Wish me luck 🤞
xrotaryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2021, 09:18 PM   #2

I've had engine radiator combinations a couple of times which don't exist in any computer.
What I've done is cobble together a frankenhose from cut up older ones clamped together with pieces of PVC pipe. I take this down to a local parts place that I happen to know has a buttload of radiator hoses hanging up on the wall in back. After they finish being amused at my creation they generally let me go in back and try to match it up to a stock part. Sometimes what I need is really long hose that I can trim down to fit. Some are pretty weird with lots of bends. If you do such you have to be very careful about diameters. Many are bigger and different sizes on the ends than in the middle.
You can also talk them into letting you do this with just an old hose. Around most metros with multiple chain parts stores, each brand will have a "main" store that is basically a warehouse for the branch stores. That's the one you want go to for such.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 04:24 AM   #3

Have you checked Ford to see if they have it? If you can get a part number maybe you can cross reference.

If not measure the length and both opening sizes, get a flexible hose of that size. It will be corrugated so it bends where needed. Upper hoses don't have to snake through as much as lowers so it should be fairly easy to install. Don't let it rub on anything, don't let a long loop hang free or the weight of the coolant and hose will make it sag and cause problems.
Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:32 PM   #4

Thanks, Argosy. I considered a universal but couldn't find one the right length and with the two different diameters. Plus I was concerned about a corrugated hose putting a little extra stress on that 29 year old radiator hose bung.

I finally ended up buying the following:
1 3/4" 45° silicon radiator hose elbow
1 1/2” 45° silicon radiator hose elbow
1 1/2" x 36" Gates straight radiator hose
1 1/2" aluminum hose splice
1 1/2" to 1 3/4" aluminum hose reducer
Lots of hose clamps
1 1/2" Corrugated split loom to prevent chafing

How to purchase an upper radiator hose in 32 easy steps! Haha

It all arrived in the mail today. Wish me luck tomorrow ��
Old 01-01-2022, 04:55 PM   #5

Update: The homemade hose is working great!

Tags
bounder, fleetwood, hose, radiator