Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2012, 07:15 AM   #1

!988 Royal Classic class C.( Glenadale)

Hi..I wonder if any one has a manual for my motorhome. It's a !988 Royal Classic class C made by Glendale of Canada. It is 26' , powered by a Ford Econoline. it has a Ford 460 ( 7.5 litre). I was wondering about the setups for it in camper and the truck itself. Such as brakes ajustments and checks. What I should do when pulling up a hill etc..I drive transport for a living, but this is very different. I don't need to burn out my new transmission. Also Ho do I check those dual wheels air oressure Can't get my pressure gauge inside between wheels..Is there a different valve I could get??... Any info on this morohome would be great Anyone with same motorhome....even better...Thanks...John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camping Sep 10 009 (Small).JPG
Views:	720
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	23562   Click image for larger version

Name:	camping Sep 10 021 (Small).JPG
Views:	709
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	23563  

Name:	camping Sep 10 065 (Small).JPG
Views:	695
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	23564  
Rollinhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #2

welcome to the rv world,you can use a repair manual from Chilton for the ford part of it,as for the rv part this group of folks on this forum are a wealth of information.
i bought valve extenders for my duals to be able to check the air works well and either tire monitors or lower budget thread on indicators on the valve stems are a big help.
as your rig is very similar to mine i can share some on pulling hills, let it go up the hill as it want's to, you will lose speed no matter what you do kick the throttle down gently, you will find where it is happy and will pull without excessive rpm on most grades,there will be times you will have it on the floor and be crawling that is part of moving a house on wheels down the road.it is a process that is learned over time and miles,braking is similar to a big rig start braking early and allow lots of time and room.
air pressure in your tires aren't like a big truck though if you max out tire pressures it will handle badly i run 65psi in my rears and 60 psi in my front max is 80, you will need to adjust yours according to your weight and tires
good luck and safe travels
pwf16129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwf16129 View Post
welcome to the rv world,you can use a repair manual from Chilton for the ford part of it,as for the rv part this group of folks on this forum are a wealth of information.
i bought valve extenders for my duals to be able to check the air works well and either tire monitors or lower budget thread on indicators on the valve stems are a big help.
as your rig is very similar to mine i can share some on pulling hills, let it go up the hill as it want's to, you will lose speed no matter what you do kick the throttle down gently, you will find where it is happy and will pull without excessive rpm on most grades,there will be times you will have it on the floor and be crawling that is part of moving a house on wheels down the road.it is a process that is learned over time and miles,braking is similar to a big rig start braking early and allow lots of time and room.
air pressure in your tires aren't like a big truck though if you max out tire pressures it will handle badly i run 65psi in my rears and 60 psi in my front max is 80, you will need to adjust yours according to your weight and tires
good luck and safe travels
Hi pwf16129,
Thanks for the clues on tires.. It is nice too see others with same year and model sorta of like mine. Yeah I got a Chilton manual. The other fellow gave it to me when I bought ithe motorhome from him. I have to get those valve extenders too.
Can you tell me about the dash background lites. mine are very dim , even after turning the pullknob top to the brightest. I changed the bulbs in dash. but hasn't changed to brightness. I was thinking might be the pullknob dash dimming unit on dash. Maybe I'll take it out and try clean it with a stactic cleaner..Have you and ideas.....Thanks for your help and Thanks for reading..John
Old 07-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Rollinhome, I have the same chassis as yours except mine is 1987. It''s wearing a Fleetwood Tioga RV though

I bought a Ford service manual on Ebay for it, covers E350 as well as some others and it's the official Ford book. Cost me $15 so not expensive. Looks like this:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	book.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	23665  

If you're in a hurry, you shouldn't be RV'ing
RVee'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Oh by the way, there's also one for the Chassis, Body & electrical. Costs a bit more....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	book1.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	23666  

Old 07-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVee'r View Post
Oh by the way, there's also one for the Chassis, Body & electrical. Costs a bit more....
Thanks RVee'r..Thanks for the info for the manual...I hope I can find my problem..I have a hard to seeing the dash at night...John
Old 07-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mine are very dim too but I can live with it. Usually not driving at night plus my fuel gauge doesn't work anyway so I don't have to look at that - lol.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #8

Well I still drive at night as I drive longhaul transport for a living..But My eyes get really sore sometimes...So when I get in my Class c I feel like I'm missing the dash lights...