Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2018, 12:16 PM   #1

AC wiring

I had to update my AC circuit board and thermostat. There is three wires that come from RV wiring to Board that control thermostat. Red , black , orange the new thermostat wiring harness that I tie into the motor home wiring has 4 wires red/white wire labeled +12V supply to thermostat, black -12V to thermostat, orange comm, red from supply. So there's 3 out of motor home and 4 going to board. Do I tie the red/white +12 and the red supply together. I am confused. Maybe that makes enough sense that I can get some help. Domectic AC 579 series
Edhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2018, 03:45 AM   #2

This sounds like a perfect question for twinboat.

I don't know if he visits this forum though. He's always on Class A forum though.

Hopefully he'll chime in.

BTW…do yourself a favor by putting—detailed information—of your rig by creating a signature. That way you won't have to type this information each time in all your future posts. Look at some other posters signatures if you need some examples.
You do this by:
1) Going to the top of this page and click the top left tab named “User CP”
2) Look at the menu on the left and scroll down to “Settings & Options” and click “Edit Signature”
3) In that text box type all the information about your MH, Year, model, length, mileage, any aftermarket extras installed, your toad and so on. You’ll be limited to 3 lines unless you become a IRV2 supporter.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:59 AM   #3

I just updated my new MHs Coleman cheap thermostat to a digital type, last night. I didn't change anything on the AC unit, just the thermostat.

I wired the Coleman Red, White, Yellow and Green wires to the corresponding colors on the new thermostat.
The other wires are tapped off.
Some of the wires may change color at the wire nuts but I just used the colors after them, going to the thermostat.

The AC fan runs on high only but that's OK with me. There is a add on switch fix for that.

There are a bunch of videos and instructions of how to do it. Just Google " Coleman to digital thermostat "
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:20 PM   #4

My AC is Dometic the only question not sure we're to tie into +12 volt power supply. The three wires that go to the thermostat I have figured out. The only wire that left coming from the Motor home wiring is a blue wire. Which I thought was for heat but now I am not sure could that be the power supply.
Edhick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring