Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2018, 05:36 AM   #15

I wanted to post a pic of out dog house, original carpet taken out, lined the engine side with reflective roofing tape, outside is material from Wally , that was cut, sewn, n glued by a reputable car restorer
vnm01wer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2018, 08:29 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnm01wer View Post
We love our rig..!!! And I guess you have to in order to keep it running smooth, even when it's not running...right..!! We have done a lot to ours, led light switch out, bought some no name brand several years ago and they need replacing now, just replaced 6 tires, tore out the carpet and redid the doghouse. Looks great. Bought 6 year old tpms, and they didn't work, go figure the batteries were dead...lol...and fridge is out by the shed...looking to get a new one soon...waiting to find one on sale..if I find a new tpms I'd like to get that too, all in good time. We are excited about our upcoming trip to trace the borders of US
Watch PPL ads for great deals on new fridges. And keep in mind, nothing is plug and play when it comes to replacing the fridge.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:52 AM   #17

Fridge

Went as easy as it could..dometic touted it as a 7 cubic foot replacing the old 6 in the same foot print....well it juts out about an inch where I can’t close door to bedroom now, it was a bit of an angst because we hang our tv on door either side for viewing in bedroom or living room. Well we have been on road now for 3weeks and watched 1nite of tv, and I don’t expect to watch any in the next couple weeks, so when I get back home I’ll probably remove door. Fridge has worked flawlessly and we bought a portable ice machine for our cocktails at nite
vnm01wer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 09:02 AM   #18

Making me feel better about my '86 rig than I have the right to! Have hopefully sealed up the new back I put on, now to removing all the DPO bodges (of which there are many...)
raccoonman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
border towns, remodel