Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Any Rockwoods around?

Hello-While I am new to this group I am not new to camping.
We have a 1987 Rockwood 32' class A but I can not find out much about Rockwood on the internet other that they went belly up in 95. Does any one know of any sites that has more info? Thanks
Lynn
87Rockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #2

We have a 89 Driftwood 34 ft, don't know about a site but there is a
P 30 forum on yahoo groups. I have posted a few pix in the vintage forum here. Let me know if you have any questions.
nazoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #3

We had a 1991 Regent 30', loved it. Pretty conventional motorhome, didn't really have any issues with bespoke parts or anything -- just all off the shelf stuff.

Steve
Old 04-11-2012, 06:41 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks for the yahoo group info on the p30. I have no problems with the motorhome as far as sub systems go (just added a A/C unit to it) but I do need info/help finding out who made the gauges and the sending units(volts/oil etc) and were to find new dash heater/A/C controls from ADA?ATA?
Old 04-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #5

I have an 88 Driftwood... love it... except now i have an issue.... the ignition key(s) were lost stolen... and i need to rekey.. BUT with out the key? how do I remove the ign assemble??? its dfash mounted, i understand have the key and using the thin rod to depress the lock allowing the tumbler to be removed.. but I am without the key.. any insight would surely be appreciated.. thanks.. jim
JHamlin34293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamlin34293 View Post
I have an 88 Driftwood... love it... except now i have an issue.... the ignition key(s) were lost stolen... and i need to rekey.. BUT with out the key? how do I remove the ign assemble??? its dfash mounted, i understand have the key and using the thin rod to depress the lock allowing the tumbler to be removed.. but I am without the key.. any insight would surely be appreciated.. thanks.. jim
What chassis?P-30?. My switch comes out by un-screwing the ring that holds it to the dash (ring around the ign switch has three or four slots around the edge for a small screw driver blade). After you remove the ring it pushes through out the dash and you unplug the wires from it.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Rockwood View Post
What chassis?P-30?. My switch comes out by un-screwing the ring that holds it to the dash (ring around the ign switch has three or four slots around the edge for a small screw driver blade). After you remove the ring it pushes through out the dash and you unplug the wires from it.
Thanks... mine is the same, BUT, it appears from the other blogs you have to release the tumbler assemble before the ring will come all the way off allowing the complete removal of the switch. having a key makes it a lot simpler.. I can unscrew the ring... but it will only travel till the inside of the ring meets the tumbler assemble. then it just spins in place.. not allowing the switch to move any further.. thanks for your response
Old 04-22-2012, 12:24 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Talking with others they all say the same thing that the ring only holds the switch to the dash and the switch should come out with the tumblers still in it. Can you post a photo? The fact that the ring turns and turns tells us that it is past the threaded part of the switch. Does your transmission gear shift lever lock in place with a ignition switch inter-lock? Mine does not.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #9

one of ours is an 89 driftwood 37' basement on the JD chassis. and rockwood did not go belly up, they dumped MH's and are only travel trailers now. too bad they made a nice unit
4brv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:26 AM   #10

Spartan Chassis
rockwoods

Why dont all of you join the rockwood class A motorhomes group on facebook.

I started it and it hasnt been around for long. i hsave a 35' xlr classic classA diesel pusher on a spartan chassis. Join and post pics and lets get some traffic so we can share advice, parts etc. So far there are 2 true members. I hope to limit to just class A owners as the trailers have plenty of support. Who is willing to join?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf doc5.pdf (47.3 KB, 40 views)
dulobast25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:27 AM   #11

Spartan Chassis
I also happen to think the 84-90 45 degree slant nose is the most attractive coach on the road!!!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 12:29 AM   #12

Spartan Chassis
FYI, The ignition switch is a GM OE issues, not a rockwood issue. It' was a std part in c20 pickups and k-5 blazers and they all loosen up like that over time...
Old 09-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #13

been trying to find the group on facebook for rockwoods... but to no avail... you can find me on fb... james hamlin, venice fl..
Old 09-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #14

update on my ignition sw problem.. the bezel (ring) around the sw will not come off with out the tumbler assemble being removed and that requires a key. called a locksmith, he came and confirmed that on this switch that was true. he picked the lock, removed the tumbler and then the bezel (ring) would unscrew off the remainder of the way allowing the complete ignition sw to drop out of the dash. I put the dash assembly back together, he reset the tumbler and cut me new keys... thanks to all for suggestions and help..