Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2022, 04:38 AM   #15

Too many naysayers on this site…

Melissa, that is such a cool piece of history! It may not be the windfall needed to put the kids through college, but it would certainly be the coolest RV in the park when restored.
I love it!
Dan_Frisbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2022, 04:51 AM   #16

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I think you probably overpaid for it. You might be able to get a couple hundred bucks from someone looking for its engine or parts. As a whole unit, maybe you could donate it. Look into what it will cost to restore and what it might be worth then. There's a really tiny market for something like this and a handful of restorers out there. They might know someone who is interested in it and maybe you could get a couple hundred dollars that way. Less if they have to ship it first.
Old 06-21-2022, 04:55 AM   #17

Images from the inside would be nice.
Old 06-21-2022, 05:15 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Frisbie View Post

Melissa, that is such a cool piece of history! It may not be the windfall needed to put the kids through college, but it would certainly be the coolest RV in the park when restored.
I love it!
^^^ This.

A full restoration would be a labor of love. It'd never be a moneymaker--it actually would be a money pit--but it would be really, really cool! *If* the OP has the determination and resources to restore it she should go for it.
n2zon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 06:09 AM   #19

It may hold some value to the right person, the trick is finding that person. It's going to be a super-niche market. If the outside looks like the inside, you're likely looking at a full gut and rebuild to get it serviceable and comfortable, which is a $10-20k investment even with doing the work yourself. For sure, it's a super cool looking vehicle, but you're going to have to find someone who REALLY wants to get into a super cool vehicle that needs a ton of work. Restoring these things are not really a moneymaker, you need some emotional investment to make it worthwhile.
sploke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 08:38 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Maybe it is an old, converted step-van or delivery van.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2022, 12:32 AM   #21

Thank you for
Your reply, that’s kind of what I
Thought.
Wikkidmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2022, 12:39 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Frisbie View Post

I love it!
Thanks it is pretty cool , the inside is intact with original cabinets and appliances, just covered in rat poo. I’ll post pics tomorrow of the inside.
Unread 06-22-2022, 12:57 PM   #23

I've restored old motorhomes back to their former glory that were way farther gone. Give it a lot of love and make something out of it. I love to see old coaches returned to the road where they belong. If you can't or won't then get it to someone who can and will.
What's with all of the negative comments and worries about what it would take? Sounds as if some people here do not enjoy working on vintage and antique RVs. If so, then why are you posting in the "Vintage RV" section?
415cid V10 gasser / 6speed / Dana S130 with 5:38's
Towing 2018 F-150 Lariat 213cid V6TT / 10speed / 3:55's
77Travco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2022, 04:09 PM   #24

[QUOTE=77Travco;6222945]I've restored old motorhomes back to their former glory that were way farther gone. Give it a lot of love and make something out of it. I love to see old coaches returned to the road where they belong. If you can't or won't then get it to someone who can and will.
What's with all of the negative comments and worries about what it would take? Sounds as if some people here do not enjoy working on vintage and antique RVs. If so, then why are you posting in the "Vintage RV" section?[/

You rock . I feel the same way. I know it’s not going to be a quick and easy restoration, or cheap, but it has the potential to be something really cool and I know it’s worth something to someone , it’s a classic.
Unread 06-22-2022, 04:19 PM   #25

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Travco View Post
I've restored old motorhomes back to their former glory that were way farther gone. Give it a lot of love and make something out of it. I love to see old coaches returned to the road where they belong. If you can't or won't then get it to someone who can and will.
What's with all of the negative comments and worries about what it would take? Sounds as if some people here do not enjoy working on vintage and antique RVs. If so, then why are you posting in the "Vintage RV" section?
There’s nothing negative about the comments. Everyone has been answering the question posed. If someone wants to sink a bunch of money into something that has no return but coolness, more power to them. That wasn’t what was asked. I think it’s cool as can be and would love to see it restored. But it’s a big hill to climb and saying that is just being honest. Saying it’s cool isn’t all that helpful.
Unread 06-23-2022, 04:31 AM   #26

Excellent point. And Sometimes the truth hurts . Thank you everyone for your input, I was hoping to hear its some rare sought after classic ride worth 50,000, but no such luck I guess, bummer. Lol
Unread 06-23-2022, 05:57 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikkidmel View Post
Thanks it is pretty cool , the inside is intact with original cabinets and appliances, just covered in rat poo. I’ll post pics tomorrow of the inside.
Please do and if you decide to restore it, keep us updated on the progress!
Dan_Frisbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2022, 06:24 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizcom View Post
There’s nothing negative about the comments.
Ok, maybe there's just one actual negative comment. I refer you Post #8 in this thread. Maybe I mis-interpreted it.
415cid V10 gasser / 6speed / Dana S130 with 5:38's
Towing 2018 F-150 Lariat 213cid V6TT / 10speed / 3:55's
77Travco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help