Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2007, 11:35 AM   #29

I'm haveing a hard time posting these today...

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
michcruiser60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2007, 11:39 AM   #30

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
Old 09-26-2007, 11:46 AM   #31

Now, all I have to do are the small things. Like add a couple of small half round shelves up front for the speakers and DVD system. I have a new/old style antenna coming in a couple of days. Next week the wife and I are heading up to the upper peninsula of Michigan for a week. Hope to see some early fall colors.

I got my vinyl name sticker on also. Next year we get to have fun!!

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
Old 09-27-2007, 12:24 PM   #32

Vintage RV Owners Club
Beautiful!!! Just great !! Can't almost beleave that the earlier pictures are the same home!!! Five stars!!!
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:10 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
michcruiser60, beautiful restoration inside and out on your vintage1964 Ander-ett trailer.

Are you doing your well-deserved cartwheels?

As you said: "If my job is a fraction as nice as that I'll be doing cartwheels."
Old 09-27-2007, 01:23 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
In my post of the emblems on page 2 of Pat's brothers Vintage Spartan I just noticed the upper left hand corner of side A is emblem of Anderson Coach Co. East Tawas Michigan and same upper left hand corner of side B is a emblem that just says Anderson.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:36 PM   #35

Thanks folks. It's real nice to be this close to wraping it up. But like I've said "They are really never done. Something always gets you to thinking, then the next thing you know you've got another project going." That's okay with me.

I never noticed that Anderson emblem before in your post before. I did see the big one in the second picture before but not this one. That is a great colection to have. Thanks for the heads up.

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
Old 10-15-2007, 04:49 PM   #36

It's nice to see at least others are getting something done to their RV's. I think I'm just getting lazy. Beautiful job! Now you get to really show it off! You need to work up a before/after photo album to show folks while camping what you did. It's sure something to be proud of.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:58 PM   #37

Well it's a new year. Time to get busy again. The last few days I've been adding some upgrades to the old gal. First I wanted an old style antenna. I was not to sure if I liked it but its now grown on me.

Click picture to enlarge.

I then needed more space to put my jeans,t-shirts and 12v TV. So I added a shelf over the bed area. Mounted my new Maglite and AC voltage meter.

I always have trouble putting my stuff under the benches, trying to hold open the tops. So, I came up with this idea. I used 4" long eye and hooks. I should have done this a long time ago.

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
Old 03-07-2008, 03:16 AM   #38

Awesome job Michcruiser!
Amy and I really like the lighter paneling and the soft & warm look with the lighting.
Did you attach the paneling with liquid nails or staples/screws or a good combo of all.
We were thinking of a beadboard look for our restore....now I think I want to copy your "look". What thickness is that paneling?
Absolutely beautiful!
Mike & Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:06 PM   #39

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
very nice job, well done
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:25 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike & Amy:
Awesome job Michcruiser!
Amy and I really like the lighter paneling and the soft & warm look with the lighting.
Did you attach the paneling with liquid nails or staples/screws or a good combo of all.
We were thinking of a beadboard look for our restore....now I think I want to copy your "look". What thickness is that paneling?
Absolutely beautiful!
Mike, I bought 4x8 Birch wood door skins from a lumber yard. You'll not find it anywhere else. Most of your homes intetior doors will have this wood on them. Very nice to work with, I used a utility knive. First I make a cut on the line drawn. Then make a second cut right next to it at an angle. Kind of like a tiny piece of pie. Your piece will almost fall off. I got that trick from my fahter in law. He did trim work for years. I used a bunch of "outdoor liquid nails" and colored panel nails.

And for my "Big Cheat." I used the 1-1/2" wide flat trim board to cover all my mistakes. Not only that but it bends very easy also. I bought those at "The Big Box Store".

After everything was nailed in place I used Helmsman indoor/outdoor urethane by Minwax. I like the clear semi-gloss for a softer shine. I did three coats, each coat getting a little darker. I like to use a "good 2-1/2" or 3" brush." Cheaper brushes will not lay the urethane as well, I think. Don't go back over any place until it's dry! It will gum up on you. If you end up with a run let it dry also. Then sand down the run with light paper and cover it again.

I'll have to admit, it was fun learning all of this. We'd kinda like to do another one. But, I'm going to pull this one around for a while yet.

Mich60

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
Old 03-09-2008, 05:44 AM   #41

Thanks for the tips! Note to self "buy lots of 1-1/2" trim board" .
Mike & Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:52 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike & Amy:
Thanks for the tips! Note to self "buy lots of 1-1/2" trim board" .
Hey Mike,
Home Depot sells 1-1/4" foam filled trim board with a wood covering. It will also take the urethane.

Lowes sells 1-1/2" wood trim. A little harder to bend but works nice.

I used both. Well, I bought everything they had to finish the job.

Mich60

1964 Ander-ett 16ft