Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2006, 06:26 AM   #1

We had just finished rebuilding the front wall and replacing the floor. Rewired it for 12v and redid the 110v system. These pictures were taken on July 4th. in Poplar Bluff MO. Camelot Rv Campground. Nice place to stay. Since our repairs we have taken it to Alabama and to the northern parts of Michigan. This year she got a lot of miles put on her and not one problem. Hope to finish the inside this spring. In the mean time we'll keep using a card table. Hey, it works.

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
michcruiser60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2006, 12:44 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
michcruiser60 your 1964 Ander-ett 16ft TT looks great.

We stayed in East Tawas this fall in October at the park adjacent to the marina on Saginaw Bay. If you take your trailer "home"ť to East Tawas it is a great place to stay.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:28 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
Nice work Michcruiser60. The rig looks great!
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 04:24 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Nice job Michcruiser60 it also matches your Van. What is in the rear window space a AC.
If you have been taking pictures of your project when its done would like to post them as a fixed Topic at top of this forum so others can learn from your project.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:18 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Great looking project. Sounds like you are really enjoying the RV.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:49 AM   #6

Thanks for the kind words. It's always nice to hear. We got a new tow vehicle this summer. The old Suburban had 243,000 miles. Yes it is an AC unit in the window, it does work very well. I just didn't want to spend the money on a roof mounted one at the time. I do have pictures on the repair and replacment of the front wall and wiring system. Many more pictures but I'll not post all. Here are a few.

The front wall had to be replaced. Water damage at the top corners.

Framing the front wall was not easy, it being a rounded front.

Almost finished.

Insulated the walls with 3/4" with foamboard twice thick.

It got rewired for 12v using two 6v golf cart batteries and a new 110v system.

Now we have to get the inside done this spring. I think we well try a more modern style insead of the 50's - 60's look inside.

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
Old 12-03-2006, 12:30 PM   #7

A list of things we have done so far:
New brake and taillight wiring, tail lights, 15" tires and rims, 1500# axle springs & shackles (this gave me 4-5 more inches of ground clearance), new valves in 40# LP tanks, LP regulator & hoses. New AC, refrigerator, seat & bed cushions, curtains, paint inside and out. Maxair vent, 10'awning, new 110v and 12v system using 2-6v golf cart batteries. Front and back stud wall repair, replace. Foam insulation in walls, new flooring, front diamond plate. Hoping to finish next summer. Or does it really ever end?

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
Old 12-03-2006, 12:58 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Now thats what you do not see with all the good work you have done.
I want to make it a Feature Topic just add pics and info as you want to this topic.
This will help other RVers to see what they maybe up against when they decide to redo a Vintage RV.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:53 PM   #9

This is the final touch for the outside of our trailer. I got new vinyl name plates for Christmas. They are from the copies I made when I was sanding the old paint off. All I had to go on was the old harden glue on the aluminum. I took clear plastic and traced over it to get the out line of the old emblem. Then transferred it to construction paper. Not knowing the color scheme, I opted to go with bright red, white and blue. A little hard to see now, they have the protective paper still on them.
I guess Santa thought I was good this year.

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
Old 01-11-2007, 05:04 AM   #10

How did you get teh pictures on your post like that. I have uploaded images and want to copy them to a post like you did. Any advise.

Clipper1
clipper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:11 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Clipper1, if you have uploaded them to the photo section of irv2 you can copy and paste them to the post you write up.
In the FAQ/ Website tech Support it is explained in good detail. You can use the test site to practise.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:52 PM   #12

Clipper, I joined Photobucket.com
I put all my pictures there. Then size them down for a "message base". Right click in the URL link it will make. Then come back here and post your message. When you need to add a picture click on the little "picture" key above while typing in your post.

Good luck...

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
Old 01-16-2007, 04:17 AM   #13

Your project looks great. Nice and clean lines- just the way I like it. How bad was teh project when you started? How long did it take you? How much do you think you will have invested- only if you are comfortable sharing? Where did you get the rear hard awning that covers the AC unit? I am looking to do the same thing with the back of my TT.
clipper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:34 PM   #14

Clipper1, I've been an open book with this project. Ask anything you want. My wife bought the trailer one day while I was at work for 800 bucks. She really liked it and thought it would look neat behind our 1960 Chevy mild custom someday. We've worked on it a little at a time, when we have the extra money. I'd say we've got around and extra $2000 into it. We work on it as we have the extra cash. Could I get the money back out of it?...probably not but that's okay with us. This project has been about 1-1/2 years so far. BUT... we ALWAYS get to go camping or traveling with it. I make sure of that. I've learned doing old cars, if it's not running you get bored of it and depressed to easy. I make sure it's ready to go at anytime. Plus it's a lot easier, being it's only the two of us. As for the little awning in the back. Well I got dumb lucky. Two streets over a guy had a garage sale going and five bucks later I had two of them at home. The way it's mounted, I can't get it to close all the way but it does keep water and snow off it. One thing to remember it WILL DRAW rain and dust as you run down the road. I have a little vynal cover to go over the AC for that. Then lower the awning as far as it will. One thing to keep in mind with this set-up. The AC will always have a little bit of condinsation in the bottom. Crank up your tt as far as you can before you hook up. That will keep the water from running back inside. It's not a lot but it can make for a wet bed. LOL. Of course this only works if it's at the rear of the trailer.

Good luck... Happy camping and RV'ing.

1964 Ander-ett 16ft