Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-27-2021, 08:56 AM   #1

Triple E Owners Club
Battery disconnect

Have an 89 Triple E Regency. Trying to figure out if the battery disconnect panel is working. The indicator lights do not seem to be working.
Dan Gavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2021, 09:45 AM   #2

From the west coast .

Do you have any indication from the disconnect control as to the brand , of the control ?

Intellitec , systems are perhaps the most common , so here's some info on that system.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Intellitec_BD1_Battery_Disconnect_Service_Manual.pdf (330.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 11-27-2021, 12:49 PM   #3

Triple E Owners Club
Nuvatec
Thanks
Old 11-27-2021, 12:50 PM   #4

Have you checked voltage at the batteries and panel?
Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 02:25 PM   #5

Triple E Owners Club
Not yet, that would be next
Old 11-27-2021, 02:27 PM   #6

Triple E Owners Club
Just bought the rig so I have a lot to learn about it and any mods that have been done in its 30+ years.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:58 PM   #7

I have a 1998 national tradewinds freightliner and need to know how to connect the batteries. Put new batteries in and it will start but my steps and levelers won't work. I must have it hooked up wrong.
tradewinds 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 09:20 AM   #8

steps and levelers not working ?

QUOTE=tradewinds 1;6003490]I have a 1998 national tradewinds freightliner and need to know how to connect the batteries. Put new batteries in and it will start but my steps and levelers won't work. I must have it hooked up wrong.[/QUOTE]
If you just bought your vintage RV, spending some time looking at the operator's manual would be very important for you to familiarize your self with everything. If you have no owners / operators manual I would search for one online, you will definitely need one.
If it will start and run you must have the batteries in correctly, but make sure you are very ​careful about proper connection of battery terminals, any guesswork or mistakes about this could cause expensive damage or potential injuries..
​If your RV starts and runs but your steps will not operate, check what position the bypass switch for your steps is in.. (on or off ?) with engine idling and (switch on) steps should come out when you open the door. If nothing then refer to troubleshooting chart in your manual.
Levelers usually require the parking brake is set before they will operate. the sending unit which tells the leveler system whether parking brake is engaged might be faulty or bad connection (again, refer to the manual for trouble shooting procedure)
If your RV has been sitting idle for awhile, many issues may arise, so there might be quite a few items you will need to sort out.. Hope this helps you out, Good Luck
BeenThereB4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, battery disconnect, disconnect