Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #1

Current Vogue Motorhome Owners

How many classic Vogue owners do we have as members on this site? Stand up and be counted, please!

I am a couple days away from buying a usually garaged like new '85 33' twin bed Vogue, blue stripes outside and blue decor inside, with about 65k miles on it. I am waiting on the seller to fix a couple A/C problems, in dash and rear unit, before I pay him our last agreed upon price.

Anyone else know of another possibly larger motorhome forum where one as myself might recruit Vogue owners to join together and create a classic Vogue Club for sharing info and meeting up around the country on a regular basis? I know there used to be a club like that 20-30 yrs ago, but it doesn't seem to be going now. Maybe a lot of those old timers have passed on (or their coaches have). I read an article this week but don't remember the details, except they said something to the effect that there were 30 of some year/model/or whatever made and 27 had been accounted for recently. Implying that all but 3 were still running around somewhere. Wish I could remember which particularly they were referring to. Will have to go find it again, since I lost it when my PC went off in middle of night and I lost that page I had open. Hopefully, I can find it in my history list of hundreds of pages I open every couple of hours.
SissyBoyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2014, 06:22 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Have you been to RV Trader? I want the first one on the list. Gorgeous, soooo shinning .
I have always liked them, nice lines. Maybe someday. Can't wait to see your pictures.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Have you been to RV Trader? I want the first one on the list. Gorgeous, soooo shinning .
I have always liked them, nice lines. Maybe someday. Can't wait to see your pictures.
Tim
This is my dream one, however someone beat me to it. Love the outside coloring. Breaks my heart that I didn't see it in time to buy. It had been 3-4 yrs since I saw one like it for sale.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:41 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Us Rockwood owners have the same problem-orphan brand. Some one here started a "Rockwood" (class "A" only) club on Yahoo groups. Maybe you can start a Vogue group...
87Rockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:02 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
BOY too bad you missed that one Beautiful and what a shine Did you check out the rvTrader there is a nice one there also.
Happy Hunting, Tim
Old 04-18-2014, 03:29 PM   #6

SissyBoyBob,

There is a Facebook group for Vogue owners.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vogue...89455807777138
Old 04-20-2014, 07:53 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
SissyBoyBoB,
I spend most of yesterday afternoon looking @ Vogues, I'm adding them to my list of "My next MH" Next to American Eagles
Tim
Old 05-02-2014, 10:56 PM   #8

we own a 1982 vogue II 40 ft! it'd be great to start a group.
wookieerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:15 AM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
How about a few Pic's and Welcome to IRV2
Tim
Old 05-15-2014, 09:35 PM   #10

This is our 1981 Vogue II (I know I said 1982 before... it is an 81!)

We are about to start a renovation on it. Ours has one of those cool "star bars"... does anyone else have one of these?

Gina
Old 06-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #11

I have an 84 Vogue II and love it! It's my
second vogue, previous one was a 1979. They built a great coach that's for sure. The current one does have a bar and ice maker but I like the sink in yours. Very nice, enjoy it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3674800731.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	570.8 KB
ID:	66006   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-96962179.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	487.7 KB
ID:	66007  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3046545692.jpg
Views:	1236
Size:	542.0 KB
ID:	66008   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3538024192.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	405.5 KB
ID:	66009  

Gilleshps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:15 PM   #12

Talking

thanks! we're almost done with the renovation.. pictures coming soon.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:16 PM   #13

Finally I find the Vogue folks. I am about to buy an 83 Vogue II 33ft gas puller. The engine a GM 502 Long block was a replacement for the original 454 and the trans was totally rebuilt 6400 miles ago. The fellow I am buying it from bought it from the 2nd owner who literally rebuilt the coach between 2001-2008. You name it, I've got a work order for it from an RV shop in San Diego. He passed away in 2008 and his brother in probating the estate had the engine and trans replaced along with another $15,000 worth of stuff like a new fridge, satellite system, sound system and carpet. He then sold the vehicle to the gentleman I am buying from. That gent and his wife decided after a couple of trips and roughly 6400 miles that the RV life was not for them. They put a set of F rated Goodyears on the front in 2010. The tandem rears and tag axle are old - -2003 and while they look good I know they need to be replaced. That's about the only reason it's not sitting out back right now. We're negotiating price based on me having to buy six tires.
So I've been over this vehicle with a fine tooth comb and had mechanics and RV folks look at it. Everyone says buy buy buy even at the full $10,000 asking price. I do love the style and the look and everything about this fine old coach. What I am hoping you folks can tell me is how this vehicle handles. I've never driven anything with a tag axle. Also how is it in the wind. Does she drift a lot. It's a heavy rig I know, but 33ft of broadside is a lot of sail space. Do any of you have the 454 gas. How does that do on fuel economy and power. Up the hills good ? Pulling a trailer ?
I'm hoping to get some ride report kind of info from you good Vogue folks.
Thanks in advance
VogueLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:07 PM   #14

I have that gas engine in my '85. I have a Banks system on mine also. Mine goes us hills great and drives with mucho power to my surprise. I put new tires on mine which now makes it drive like a dream, so smooth and straight. I highly suggest you spend the bucks and put 6 new top o'line tires on. It made all the difference in the world to mine.

Mine is all original and looks like new inside. I am now replacing TV antenna and 2 new TVs. Just added new brakes which makes a big difference also. I put in a new bigger toilet cause I hate those little round ones that they put in most RVs. It has a new rear A/C, and the front roof air is fine. My dash air doesn't work and would need $1500 to fix. I am not bothering with that. The two roof A/Cs will be fine. There are two fans in front for the drive and passenger and with the front windows open, the dash air is just not needed. Plus I prefer not putting anymore strain on engine running dash air. I have no plans ever to drive through desert or prairies in the summer time anyway. I would just do N/W in summer and south in winters. I live in San Diego fulltime.

My "new" Vogue just got polished and waxed on outside and looks really great with a little fading of course, but not to the point of being too noticable by my neighbors. They have all come over to take a tour of it and are just amazed at how the inside looks so new and is made so strong.

I think everyone should look hard to find a like new 80s Vogue. They are worth restyling inside if one doesn't care for the original decor. Mine is blue and I admit it is a bit too much blue everywhere. But some colorful throw pillows, bedspreads, towels, etc. can break up the monotomy.

I will just love living full time in mine if I decide to scrap my lifetime collection of worldly stuff.

For those thinking of it, I will say that it is well worth finding a good Vogue and putting as much money into it as you want to make it perfect and to customize it to their taste.

I bought mine for $7000 and have already put close to that much making it as perfect as I can get it. To me it is well worth $25000 of more compared to anything else I ever saw out there when I was looking.

Good luck with you Vogue. I am hoping to get a caravan going before too long with all the Vogue owners we can come up with on here and other sites.

Tags
motorhome