Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2014, 08:02 AM   #1

De-Winterizing the Coach

What if I may ask, is the proper way to De-winterize a Motor-Home? Any and all advise would be grateful. This Rig has a water filter near the Kitchen Sink for a separate tap, I can't think of anything else to add. What do we do to get ready for the road as well as a trip (856 Miles one way) Thank You!
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Delmar, Md.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2014, 09:16 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Kind of late in the season:
Remove filter cartridge and dispose of in approved HAZ-MAT manner (Double bag) obtain new cartridge .

Fill fresh tank with a water bleach mix. 1/4 cup to 15 gallons (Need not be precise) and let sit for a at least a few mintues, Close any open low point drains and turn on pump, pump mix through all lines, Toilet, Outside shower, Inside shower, hot and cold

If water heater is bypassed operate valves to USE position replace drain plug if needed, and let it fill with this mix.. let sit at least a few mintues to an hour, I like longer bleach times.

Drain system, remove drain plug on water heater

(NOTE: You can pull the plug before you start and screw in a length of half inch pipe or a hose adapter and extend the drain out past the siding, I like this, then cap the pipe or pinch the hose during filling.

as I said drain, completly.

Fill with fresh water and 1/2 to 1 cup baking soda (Dislove it in as much water as possible first) and again run this through all the lines, flush and so on....

Let sit a few minutes or just let it continue to run.

NOTE: you can dump all this fresh and treated water on ground in most places.. Water your lawn with it if you like.

Finally drain and fill with fresh water.

Run that through all lines. TASTE to insure you have cleared the lines (just a few drops at first)

Drain one last time and re-fill for use.

ATWOOD WATER HEATERS

IF the red wire was removed from the ECO.. Re-connect.

Tags
winter