Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2010, 01:17 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Spudler
what repair book do you have?? I contacted Haynes and they said they didn't have anything covering my chasis.
I need to buy one so I can get teh torque specs and bolt tightening sequence. and figure out what up with the funky timing cover and water pump housing.
Spudler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2010, 03:50 AM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
ck this site, lots og old stuff avai.
Classic Winnebagos & Vintage RVs!
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:50 AM   #17

Not sure about the Old Winnies, but I did my engine swap on my Fleetwood Limited out the front.
But it was a John Deere Chassis and the EFI 460 would have been a bear to tear down in the hole.

Before! Ford EFI 460 cu in gasser.

After! 5.9 L Cummins Turbo Diesel.

I was able to do all the work, and I mean everything, by myself.
Read that as, no help what so ever.
It took some real cleaver planning and rigging to get it done.
It likened it to building a full size sailing ship inside a five gallon water bottle.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #18

Very cool! I'd think the 460 would have had more power unless you did some upgrades on that Cummins.
aaron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #19

The body of the Classic Winnebago is designed to take the engine out through the front. Remove the bumper and the grills, and there is a removable cross brace between them which also comes out.

You will need to back the RV up on some blocks to lift the vehicle about 4 - 6", since the design is such that the engine is to come down, then out the front. Any other way really isn't feasible in comparison to the original design method.

Numerous members of www.classicwinnebagos.com have pulled their engines, can guide you through the process at any point, and can give you all the information and advice you need.

There's also complete service and parts manuals avaiable fory your rig, and boatloads more.

The community has been around for 10 years and is the best of it's kind for your specific RV.

www.classicwinnebagos.com
mmsobyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #20

hay bought this 1973 brave it is in good shape only 40,000mls what battrey s do i put in this thing so i can try to move it been setting for two years no battrey in now
terrence8524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #21

Try making your own thread and not posting in mine...
Old 06-08-2010, 08:33 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
i have a 73 d-18 are you parting out the rv? ...........john
FBR-K8R John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:17 AM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsobyak View Post
The body of the Classic Winnebago is designed to take the engine out through the front. Remove the bumper and the grills, and there is a removable cross brace between them which also comes out.

You will need to back the RV up on some blocks to lift the vehicle about 4 - 6", since the design is such that the engine is to come down, then out the front. Any other way really isn't feasible in comparison to the original design method.

Numerous members of www.classicwinnebagos.com have pulled their engines, can guide you through the process at any point, and can give you all the information and advice you need.

There's also complete service and parts manuals avaiable fory your rig, and boatloads more.

The community has been around for 10 years and is the best of it's kind for your specific RV.

www.classicwinnebagos.com
It's going to the junk yard when he's done. Not worth the work of pulling off the front. That top pull pic in post #6 is from Classic Winns site.
J
Old 06-09-2010, 05:48 AM   #24

Yes I am parting it, please send me a PM regarding anything like that.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:15 AM   #25

Man, the radiator was a HUGE pain to get out!! Those rear mounts were so hard to get to underneath.

Almost there!

Old 06-09-2010, 08:59 AM   #26

I totally agree with AAron, keep the posts relevant to the topic. It makes it difficult to stay on track when people make irrelevant posts... and then get replies, in the middle of someone else's topic.

It's not rocket science, just takes a little common sense. If it's relevant, post it, if not, start a new topic.... after using the search to see if the info is already there.

Moderator... Would you provie a little help by removing the irrelevant post, please?

on www.classicwinnebagos.com this stuff doesn't fly and it's only a day, 2 at the most until the interjected, off-topic posts are removed and the member who posted them is guided on how to properly use the forums.

So, in essence, this very post is so, it can be deleted because I don't want it mucking up the topic any more than it already is.

But, I just wanted you to know, AAron, I feel your pain.

Keep at it, you know it ain't easy, but isn't impossible either. Sorry to see yet one more classic RV bite the dust, but it's inevitable sometimes and, if parting out this one keeps more on the road, then it's worth it in the long run.
mmsobyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:05 AM   #27

You know, I can't help but feel you're just spamming this forum for your own...
Old 06-09-2010, 10:02 AM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence8524 View Post
hay bought this 1973 brave it is in good shape only 40,000mls what battrey s do i put in this thing so i can try to move it been setting for two years no battrey in now
The battery that fit a 73 Dodge truck w/440 will fit the MH.
J