Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2019, 07:01 AM   #1

Found my no low beam problem

I found the problem on why i have no low beams. After finding my relays I was playing with them and the lights came on. I cleaned the connection at the relay. Why oh why do these connections do this? They didnt do this on my 47 willys?
Ugh????? I have to buy another can of contact cleaner.
Now I need help finding the blower motor resistor that I think is blown as my unit wont blow in high mode. My old chevys were that the blower motor resistor was out when that happened so I want to find it and check it but i dont see one? Anyone help? I tried to trace the wire back from the fan motor but i cant find it. ugh. At least i have low beams again.
SK1Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2019, 08:29 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK1Retired View Post
I found the problem on why i have no low beams. After finding my relays I was playing with them and the lights came on. I cleaned the connection at the relay. Why oh why do these connections do this? They didnt do this on my 47 willys?
Ugh????? I have to buy another can of contact cleaner.
Now I need help finding the blower motor resistor that I think is blown as my unit wont blow in high mode. My old chevys were that the blower motor resistor was out when that happened so I want to find it and check it but i dont see one? Anyone help? I tried to trace the wire back from the fan motor but i cant find it. ugh. At least i have low beams again.
Goodonya for finding it!

Why is because of corrosion. After you scrub everything up, dip the feet of the relay in a protectant, like petroleum jelly. Won't inhibit conductivity but will provide a moisture seal.
rodekyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:25 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I had an old Ford where the resistor was inside the heater plenum box. Interesting that high fan mode doesn't work but (apparently) low mode does. Usually the resistor is to slow down the fan and high speed bypasses it (I think, not really an expert at this). Might want to look at the fan speed switch...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:25 PM   #4

The climate control I wish I could find an exact replacement for but i havent. I sprayed it but no bueno. My 98 Chevy that is the standard when the high goes out it freaks people out the first time. Its a common part to fail. I have owned a couple. Thats why i figured that would be it. I have to find it to test it. There has to be one for the fan to change the speed somewhere??
Today I realized that fancy extended foldin and out shower bar is gonna just stay out or need an inch cut off. should have measured it. lol
Im happy to learn how to properly test a relay and even what the heck they actually do in life. So much I bought a 6 pack off amazon with wires for $10ish for projects ahead.
I need more spray cleaner. I need to find out if I can open up and clean a converter? Its contacts are dirty i am sure because I got to give it a tap occasionally when switching power.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:33 PM   #5

Where did you find the relays at? I'm having the same Problem. No low beams. 04 Navigator
Rcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:12 PM   #6

Mine are right when I open the front hood directy on the firewall. There are two. One for the low beams and one for the high beams. You should be able to hear it click when someone turns one your high beams if they work to find it then you should be able to find your low beam relay next to it. Now that I think of that it would have helped me. lol
hindsight is 20/20
Old 07-11-2019, 01:14 PM   #7

Try tracing the headlight wire backwards and it should be the first thing you run into. I have to go track down why i dont have a right front turn signal. lol woo hoo!

Tags
problem