Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2017, 06:54 PM   #225

Not sure of the year but this London Aire is just down the road!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170711_194451017_HDR.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	558.3 KB
ID:	168998   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170711_194406736.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	478.4 KB
ID:	168999  

rlott2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2017, 07:38 PM   #226

That is so cool. I wonder what year that is?
Nkroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:44 PM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkroon View Post
Not sure, looks close in age to OP. Moulded ladder, flared rocker panely. Very faded paint though.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:36 AM   #228

Quote:
Looks to be the same year as ours
Looks to be in great shape too. I like that color scheme. It's all gelcoat so it can be buffed out.
Thanks for posting the pics.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:28 AM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
As I'm going back through this thread repairing the pics I re-read this post from you and you may have solved the one switch above the counter by the entry door that I can't figure out - never thought to look and see if it is for the courtesy lights. I will now.
Nope, still a mystery. Do you know what all the switches under the upper cabinet, by the door, are for?

I figured out the front ceiling light pair, outdoor porch (handle too), 3rd/4th ceiling light and the farthest being the step switch, I can't figure out the one next to that. Do you know what that one does?
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:47 AM   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
Nope, still a mystery. Do you know what all the switches under the upper cabinet, by the door, are for?

I figured out the front ceiling light pair, outdoor porch (handle too), 3rd/4th ceiling light and the farthest being the step switch, I can't figure out the one next to that. Do you know what that one does?
Jane only has three switches, ceiling, porch (front and back), and step. But since your coach has so many bells and whistles I have to wonder if the mystery switch is for courtesy lights along the floor throughout the coach. Dad's old class A was well built and one of the features I liked was the courtesy lights that gave you light like you have in an auditorium to help you find your row and seat.
If it is the courtesy lights then you should have another switch for them in the bedroom.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:29 AM   #231

I swear at some time I remember the toe kick lights working - maybe that switch is for them but they don't seem to work now. Maybe the courtesy lights worked in tandem with the toe kick lights?
Thanks.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:28 PM   #232

Well it seems something happened. I changed out my fuel filter and turned the ignition to ON to get the odometer reading to write on the filter - got nothing and coach has been plugged in for quite a while.
I have 13.42V on the coach side of the iso relay and 6 on the chassis side.
With 13.4 the BIRD should send out voltage to turn on the iso relay to combine the banks for charging.
I jumper-ed from the coach side to the BIRD "relay" output on the iso relay and it switched, so that is working. I am going to leave it jumper-ed for a while to charge the chassis batteries. I'll check the voltage on the chassis side periodically tonight and see if it is coming up - last I checked it was 12.9V
I'm thinking the BIRD bit the dust. I should see 3.5+v on the "relay" line from the BIRD if it is seeing 13.3+ on the coach battery. I am not sure what I should be reading on the Coach Bat terminal - I could assume 13.4 but we all know about assuming. Anyway I am not seeing anything on that line. There is a fuse on that line that I need to check, about to rain here so I will check it later - the fuse said courtesy lights, so maybe they are just testing something that is powered by the coach bank?
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
Old 08-06-2017, 04:17 PM   #233

Last weekend I pulled the fuel filter and housing and plugged the hoses.
I took the housing to Goodyear Hose locally and had them install some shutoffs on the lines

I also ordered in a new sight glass and installed that. I did a dry install and had a struggle getting the filter to start on the threads. Not sure what changed but I couldn't do it, the bottom of the bumper was in the way and the sight glass was bumping it. So after a little finagling, I took the mounting bracket off and mounted it on top of the cross member which moved it up about 3/4" and toward the bumper about 3/4" (about all the extra hose length I had). I was able to get it threaded but had to do so with the bolts loose. So I filled the filter with fuel, oiled the gasket and screwed it on and tightened the mounting bolts.
Should help me change filters in the future.

Then I was going through my pockets and found the rubber washer that goes at the top of the filter above the threads so had to take it off one more time.

I was able to turn on the ignition after a little bit and get the mileage so I could write the date and mileage on the filter.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
Old 08-06-2017, 04:57 PM   #234

To follow up on the charging problem, the 7.5A fuse that I was talking about above was blown. The label mentioned Courtesy lights, so when I was trying to figure out the unconnected wire in the dash and connected the wire to the courtesy switch, probably blew the fuse. That was quite a while ago too.
When I put the new fuse in, it took a few seconds for the BIRD to verify levels and then turned on the ISO relay. So the BIRD survived again. I wonder how many get replaced just to find out the original was still good?
I measured the trigger ("relay" connector) on the BIRD and it was back to 3.58V and the voltage on the "Coach Bat" terminal was equal to the coach bank voltage.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:31 PM   #235

While out camping I found an outlet in the basement that does not provide power. I checked it also while inverting and still nothing.
I see that it says GFCI on the trim ring but doesn't have a reset button on the face. I popped the trim ring off and don't see anything that looks like a reset button. So I'm confused.
Does the sticker just mean it is on a GFCI circuit? I've looked and found the 2 GFCI outlets in the Kitchen and the one in the Bath - all are good. Checked all the breakers and all are good.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WP_20170819_14_03_13_Pro.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	173593  
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:01 PM   #236

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mona, my 96 Monaco, has a GFI in the motor compartment also, along with the kitchen, 2, one by the table, one under the counter by the sink. Also one in the bathroom, for a total of 4! So they cover just about everything.
Check you motor compartment, as most DP have one for the block heater in there! Hope this helps! Rail!
Old 08-21-2017, 03:30 AM   #237

I do have a plug in the electrical bay that I was told is where you plug the block heater. I'll look there and see if it has a reset button - thanks for the lead.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:08 AM   #238

Quote:
Rick, certainly we can tag team problems. The PO kept the RV in fantastic shape. I'm living in it full time for conceivably the next 6 months or more.
I drove it from southern Oregon to northern California where it's now parked. Considering it's the only RV I've driven, the ride was great.
Everything worked at purchase time but the gears in fantastic fan for the bathroom rounded out (looks like it's been repaired several times) and the cables snapped on the small basement door. Watch out when those goes, those doors are heavy.
I have most features sorted out so let know what you need help. From your posts, you are doing an incredible amount of work and a lot of that stuff requires patience and mechanical skill.
Here's a pic of mine.
Attachment 155664
When glamping this weekend the door just in front of the peg board bay started fraying the cables on both sides. I found these in the tray where the fridge/freezer are - do these look like what I need to repair the cables?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WP_20170820_11_30_42_Pro[2].jpg
Views:	71
Size:	264.1 KB
ID:	173772  
'08 Jeep GC Overland.

Tags
newmar