Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2018, 07:56 AM   #1443

Winnebago Owners Club
Pictures are looking great. Sad that the M&G had to end. Just sets us up to look forward to next year.

Safe travels for everyone on the road.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2018, 08:01 AM   #1444

Gerry and Lynne left this morning,,,,,, Stan and Jira are leaving this morning as well. Just a little later.

Ron, Frank and Rita and Deb and I still here!
Old 09-03-2018, 08:04 AM   #1445

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Safe travels Lynne and Jerry, Stan and Ira.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:53 PM   #1446

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Safe travels to all on the road! We got home at noon today, Old Girl ran good averaging 10 mpg for the whole trip.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:08 PM   #1447

Gulf Streamers Club
Good to hear the report of being home safe. Jerry and Lynne left about 7:30 and Stan and Jira 10ish. Hope I can get my Monaco to get 10 MPG.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:25 PM   #1448

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening everyone! We are in Grand Island, NE.
Very windy today, stopped for fuel in Alliance, NE and got 8 MPG. from the last fillup, with the heavy wind that Frank and I had on I-90 getting to Custer, and the wind today, I think that is good!
Well we had dinner in a closed mall parking lot, but am thinking about moving, to another location! Just don't trust locations I'm not sure about? Hate to wake up to a boot, and a big ass fine to get it taken off!
There is a Walmart at exit 314, so, will see what we find before then, or Walmart it is!
Everyone have a great night! Rail!
Old 09-04-2018, 04:04 AM   #1449

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Rail! We call Wal-Mart ahead of stopping we have found several that don't allow parking overnight, that's how we ended up in Flying J's
Old 09-04-2018, 07:14 AM   #1450

Yea, it is Walmarts policy to let you camp, however some towns/cities pass laws against it for various reasons. Our GPS (Rand McNally RV edition) lists the ones you may camp at.

Lynne and Gerry texted me, they spent the night in Minnisota, did a 500 mile day. They were Walmarting as well.

L.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:13 PM   #1451

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello M&G,

Well, we are almost home. Have another 300 miles or so tomorrow. Sitting in a CG in Joliet, IL right now. It is so hot here that electrical hook up and a/c was a necessity.

For those not at M&G, we had some bad news while there from our daughter. She is having surgery Thursday (which is why we left early). She has a cyst on her ovary and abnormal blood tests so I am requesting prayers for her on Thursday please. Her name is Jennifer.

Then our son Ross called a couple days ago and said our refrigerator in the garage shorted out and blew the GFI in the garage that the freezer was also hooked to. We lost the fridge, the freezer, and a lot of meat. We are going home to this and will need to deal with it before Thursday.

They say things happen in threes and we are apparently no exception. Yesterday driving down the road we were in the outside lane. A vehicle towing a trailer in the inside lane drove over a piece of metal about 6 ft long or so and flung it back in our path. Over it we went and under Miss May it traveled. There is damage to our Equinox's front fender and the mud flap under the MH..

I hope this is the end of it because I have had about enough. Please remember Jennifer on Thursday.

Oh, I forgot, while in Custer Jerry found leaks in the coolant reservoir and we had to replace that. Do things happen in fours???

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 05:33 PM   #1452

Winnebago Owners Club
Prayers and fingers crossed be on the way for Jennifer.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:23 PM   #1453

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Prayers for Jennifer for sure, and for an uneventful rest of your trip home.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:55 PM   #1454

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening everyone!
Prayers for Jennifer! May the surgeon's hand be steady, and everything go smoothly!
We are stopped for the night in Barry, Il. exit 20 on I-72, 130 miles from Wes and Tonya's exit!
Ran in the rain and wind all day, out ran the rain, but the wind stayed with us all day! Hopefully the rain stays west, but it looks like it is following us!
Lynne and Jerry, be safe and careful the rest of the way home!
The rest of you left at the M&G, updates are still required!
Everyone on the road, be safe, and hope the wind is at your back!
Ritas carrot cake and ice-cream for desert tonight! Yeah!
Everyone have a great night! Rail!
Old 09-04-2018, 07:41 PM   #1455

Thanks for all the updates.

Lynne, Will certainly keep jennifer and your entire family in our prayers. Could use some prayers myself. Developed a huge abdominal celluleitus on Labor day.Taking my antibiotics..should knock it out in a few days. We even turn our ceiling fans off when we are out camping. Good thing you had someone looking after things at the house. Just put new tires on our truck. DH paid fifteen dollars extra to get road hazard warranty on each tire. If a tire gets wrecked they replace at Dunn Tire. Lost a tire this way on our other truck. They couldn't get the same one. Had to buy a whole new set. Won't ever buy Cooper tires again as they don't stock them for a decent amt. of time. Much lighter in the wallet with new tires, battery and front brakes. NYS inspection good. All set for any type of weather.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:14 PM   #1456

Gulf Streamers Club
Just got back in camp. Went on Mickelson Trail again today, me and Lloyd and Debbie. Rochford to Deadwood. 25 miles, first half up hill and last half down hill. That means Lloyd and Debbie have completed the whole trail. Woot Woot. So proud of them for sticking with it to completion. Frank and Rita helped all day with shuttling the cars back and forth so we could ride the whole trip. We all ate supper in Deadwood at a buffet. Very good food. We were gone from camp right at 12 hours and are all tired. Expect to make it an early night.

Lynne and Jerry, prayers for Jennifer.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote