Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2017, 12:00 PM   #953

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello M&G,

Gordon, Tim has a trailer that he carries his car on. Charlie has a dolly for his car. I am learning and marking them down. It will effect on choices for next time.

I doubt there is the perfect CG but we can narrow it down more next time. Maybe 2020.

Butch's trailer is a Travel Trailer , right ?

It will all work out, just want to meet with everyone again and share some great food. We need to have a pot luck night planned for when everyone is there since we are coming in and going out at different times.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2017, 12:22 PM   #954

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Hello M&G,

Gordon, Tim has a trailer that he carries his car on. Charlie has a dolly for his car. I am learning and marking them down. It will effect on choices for next time.

I doubt there is the perfect CG but we can narrow it down more next time. Maybe 2020.

Butch's trailer is a Travel Trailer , right ?

It will all work out, just want to meet with everyone again and share some great food. We need to have a pot luck night planned for when everyone is there since we are coming in and going out at different times.

Lynne
Thanks Lynne. Did not realize Tim bought a trailer. He towed on a dolly when he was down here last winter.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:41 PM   #955

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Lynne Butch's is a 5th wheel
Old 10-21-2017, 01:33 PM   #956

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Lynn ,
Just got off the phone with Gordon and he is suggesting we take # 83 if that is a possibility. I looked at the map and the camp site photos and I would be happy with #83.
I have a KarKaddySS. and have never used a drive thru and thought it would be nice too try. I'm getting pretty good at backing it up with no car on it. So a back in is no problem.

As far as the spaghetti I would be happy to make it, I was taught from my mom and in the end she liked mine more than her's.
LOL.
No Jared sauce and I cook it 5-6 hours. A good Olive oil and a well seasoned heavy roaster pan. I might make it in Yuma if we make it this season.
Joe got some unwelcome news from the Doc's the other day and it might involve surgery on his legs. We will learn more on the 30th.
I think I am on the last leg of my journey (no pun intended) no cast for a week to see if the wound will remain closed, and as of today it has. I wear a special shoe and keep it wrapped.

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 02:13 PM   #957

Carolina Campers
Tim & Joe,

We are all pulling for your speedy recovery.

Sending our best vibes your way.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress along the recovery path.

Ted & Kathleen
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 02:53 PM   #958

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello M&G,

Tim, call Cindy at Beaver Creek and ask her to move you to spot #83. It should not be a problem. If you run into any issues let me know and I will call her.

We won't make it to Yuma this winter but hopefully next winter. This one we are going to Florida and will be with Frank & Rita down there. Our rig is in North Carolina by my Brother Mike and we will pick it up there when I RETIRE on January 4, 2018. I am so ready. 76 days. And yes, I am counting. Actually I think Gordon started counting for me.

We can make this work with you in #83. I think it is closer than #75. Call them and make the change before they rent it out to someone else.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 03:17 PM   #959

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Tim,
Site 83 is right next to Rita and I across the street from 48,49 &50. Looked pretty good on the satelitte view. Hope that your foot stays closed and that it continues to heal properly. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Joe for a speedy and complete recovery. Hopefully without surgery.
Frank
Franka548 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 04:05 PM   #960

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Tim, sounds good for your foot, now if we can get Joe fixed up, prayers going out for both of you, I can attest to how good your spaghetti is, looking forward to some more, .
Old 10-21-2017, 04:13 PM   #961

Tim, great news on your foot. Praying for good results for Joe. I know how much you both enjoy Yuma, sure hope it works out that you get to go.

L.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:26 PM   #962

Gulf Streamers Club
Today I received email confirmation and reservation number from Beaver Lake. I am in.

I looked at pictures of my site 36 and it looks like it is very unlevel, shaped like a banana? If the pictures are accurate, should be interesting. Also looked and there are three lumber mills within 10 miles of Beaver Lake. First build project for M&G 2018 might be building a ramp for me to get out of my front door.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:02 PM   #963

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Just a quick hello to wish Tim & Joe the best to heal quickly and be well.

Tim is your mom Italian? If so, mine too. Her parents, (my maternal grandparents) came here from the old country. Grandpa's name is on the base of statue of liberty. I hope to see it someday, so far I've only seen pictures.

Your spaghetti sounds like the real deal, hope to have a plate in the future. [emoji4]
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:04 PM   #964

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ron, I don't know what pic you looked at, but this is site #36, and we are right next to you in site #45 ( in the pic, with the 5th wheel ) Neighbors again! And Tim and Joe are directly across the street from our site, in #83, Yeah!
Here is the pic of Campsite #36,
https://www.campsitephotos.com/rv-ca...eaver-lake-036

And here is #83,
https://www.campsitephotos.com/rv-ca...eaver-lake-083
Tim good news on your foot, and give Joe our best, prayers are still coming! And, yes, Tim's ba-sgetti is really good!!!!

Rail!
Old 10-21-2017, 09:12 PM   #965

Gulf Streamers Club
Yea Stan, that is the picture I looked at. Looks to me like front and rear slope to the middle. I will be happy to be wrong. But whatever it is, I will make it work. Really looking forward to this M&G 2018 trip.

Is anyone planning on Yellowstone after Labor Day. I am thinking about going back there, maybe staying at West Yellowstone, or maybe even Fishing Bridge. But will need to try for reservations soon if going to Fishing Bridge.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:23 PM   #966

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ron, it does look like we are on a bit of a hill, but to me the sites look level, now you picnic table may take some boards to level up, mine too! Here is my site, #45, right next to #36!,

https://www.campsitephotos.com/rv-ca...eaver-lake-045

I think we will be heading back to my son's after the M&G, don't know yet if we will have the time to head on out west or not! Getting harder for us to get Jira's sister to watch our store, and the 7 weeks we took of last trip was a bit much for her, so we will have to see? We did book for two weeks, same as Frank, to take advantage of the ( 7th day free thing )

Rail!