Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2019, 09:39 AM   #14603

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Starting to feel a lot better. Think I have the cold beat. Do not get them often but when I do! Janet is sounding a lot better.

Cooling off here for the next few days. Is it me? Also getting a bit breezy. Still a nice day.

Go to the beach. A great idea.

Have a wonderful day.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2019, 10:08 PM   #14604

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
... This is someone you can watch and disappear into the rabbit hole for hours. I was so impressed that I am now a Patreon supporter of his work.

Loved it!
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:01 AM   #14605

Morning,
Here incognito, guess I
Am baned from irv2. But we are doing fine in YUMA, WON'T BE LONG AND HOME WE WILL G.O SUPPOSE TO GET 13 INCHES of snow this weekend so here we will sit and enjoy the lower 80 ties a few more weeks.
To those that are ill or fighting The big C prayers to you. I will start the fight when I get home.
If it turns out I AM BANNED thank you for years of friendship

Spritz
agnus56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:42 AM   #14606

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnus56 View Post
Morning,
Here incognito, guess I
Am baned from irv2. But we are doing fine in YUMA, WON'T BE LONG AND HOME WE WILL G.O SUPPOSE TO GET 13 INCHES of snow this weekend so here we will sit and enjoy the lower 80 ties a few more weeks.
To those that are ill or fighting The big C prayers to you. I will start the fight when I get home.

Spritz

Maybe not. A few days ago I got a message while signing in that I had to use my email address to sign in. [emoji848]
Old 03-09-2019, 07:26 AM   #14607
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
Maybe not. A few days ago I got a message while signing in that I had to use my email address to sign in. [emoji848]
This is true.

I now use my email address as my userid to sign in. And, the same iRV2 password I have been using.

However, the name next to my posts is still "cwk" as shown. My personal email address is NEVER publicly displayed.

The email address I use is the one where iRV2 sends me notices like "Reply to thread..."
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:48 AM   #14608

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Tim, how the heck can you get banned when you are never on iRV2? Just log in with your email that is already on file, and your same password! Jeeeesh! Rail!
Old 03-09-2019, 08:51 AM   #14609

Good morning!

Begining of the week I went to check IRV2 and couldn't get in. Knew my password and tried repeatidly with no luc. THEN i noticed that they had now switched to requiring your email address instead of your user ID,,,,,,, however my tablet is auto filling the field with my user ID. Not sure if this was a planned change for IRV2,,,, but it did happen. By the time I figured it out my password was locked, reset it, used my email, and I was good to go. Tim I can come over and help you reset yours if needed.

Pretty morning here, sunny blue sky, however cool. We are in the high 60`s next 4-5 days. It feels warmer as the sun is so strong here.

Our daughter and SIL will be here this am. Excited to show them around. Tomorrow going to take them in the desert with a small group here from the park.

Had the coach washed yesterday,,,, they did a awesome job, wash roof, all of coach, cleaned windows etc. She looks great. Was sooo dirty from the dust here.

Healing wishes for all of you in that battle!

L.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:00 AM   #14610

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning:
Yup they changed the user id to your email address. I think they have several sites and people were using different id for each site making a problem for them. With the email address it is the same for each site you are signed up on. Probably makes administration easier for them and would reduce the number of issues they would have with people remembering user and password.

Going to be a lovely day.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:31 AM   #14611

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnus56 View Post
Morning,
Here incognito, guess I

Spritz
Please tell me your mom’s name isn’t Incognita, please. Those were some awesome times but it would be a tornado chasing a hurricane kind of luck if Karma chased me down........

I guess the cyber security thing has decided the email sign is better than the username. I imagine we’ll find that the norm on all forums shortly.

Beautiful weather here today. Checked on Thereabouts yesterday, warm today but wet, real wet. We’ll stay in Yuma thank you.

Ted I’m glad you liked Mike Stinnett’s work. You can get lost for hours in his videos, at least I did.

Stay warm and let’s hope that Joe and Tim get this IRV2 thingy worked out.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:12 PM   #14612
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Yup. Using the email to login was a planned change. I spotted a NOTICE near the top of the page about a week ahead of time.

I have a Firefox bookmark that takes me to my "User CP" page. There I can see any new posts to threads and forums to which I have subscribed. The NOTICE was there (and probably other places as well). But, in all fairness, it did not SCREAM ANNOYINGLY. So, some of us might have missed it.

Now that I am logged in (and Firefox remembers it), things are exactly the same as they were before the change. If I do logout for some reason, or am using a different computer/device, I will need to use my email address to login in of course.

Somewhere in that NOTICE, there is a link to a discussion on why iRV2 made the change. There were numerous reasons, including better security, and reason(s) already mentioned above.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:55 PM   #14613

Well still lost. I know they changed to your email address . I forgot my password and have asked for help recovering it.
I have asked at least 50 times from irv2 for help recovering it. 3 times tonight nothing.
agnus56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:36 PM   #14614

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Tim I found this under the FAQ link above, typed "password" in the key word field, and this popped up!

"Lost Passwords
I forgot my password. What can I do?
If you forget your password, you can click on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link. This will appear on any page that requires you to fill in your password.
This link brings up a page where you should enter your registered email address. An email will be sent to that address shortly, with instructions for resetting your password.
Since passwords are encrypted, there is no way to resend your original password. This option provides you with the ability to reset your password.
You must be able to receive emails to your registered email address for this to work. You may need to check your spam filters and folder if you do not see this email in a few minutes."
Rail!
Old 03-09-2019, 08:37 PM   #14615
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
You made a post here, so it appears you were able to log in. I looked, there isn't one (or 50) ticket at our helpdesk asking for assistance.

Folks, it's important that you use the Contact Us link, located at the bottom of any page, to request help. We can't read every post & burying site questions in a general chat amongst vintage RV owners is a recipe for not getting noticed by a site team member who can help you. It was just by chance someone saw this.

Thank you,
Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:02 AM   #14616

Need to hunker down!!

Today starting at 11AM we will have 50 to 55MPH wind. Not as bad as the last storm!! Some trees will come down. Some will lose electricity. We are keeping the kerosine heater in my dinning room. It is a good insurance policy that we won't needed it.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote