Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2019, 05:13 AM   #15583

DYK ?
All the Vietnam scenes in the film Forrest Gump were filmed on islands off the coast of South Carolina—Fripp Island and Hunting Island State Park.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2019, 10:20 AM   #15584

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
I always wanted the same thing but powered by the coach. And steered by the coach. Just roll up on drive wheels and platform for steer tires and lock her down. Barge would have storage for fuel, potable water, grey and black water. Run the Mississippi or the Intracoastal.
After winning the lottery of coarse.

ronspradley
I'm thinking fly by wire controllers so no wearing out the Coaches engine running on water. And incase I want to change the Coach to a big camper trailer.
Plus I want a big enough barge boat I can park my motorcycle on the deck then have a long ramp like a paddle wheel boat to ride on and off the boat with.

Probably be easier to just buy a River Paddle Boat.
If you won the Power Ball it would be just a matter if writing the check.

Guess you could power the paddle wheels with rollers under the RV tires and mount some steer plates like under an alignment machine under the front axle.
Curtis in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:33 AM   #15585

Gulf Streamers Club
This was designed in my head long before fly by wire. So when I win the lottery I will call you. You are looking for another project, right?

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 01:34 PM   #15586

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
This was designed in my head long before fly by wire. So when I win the lottery I will call you. You are looking for another project, right?

ron and pebbles
Sure Ron. When "money is no object" I can work miracles.
Like we used to say "Show me your bank statement and I can tell you how fast you can go".
Old 07-30-2019, 05:41 AM   #15587

Popeye, your killing me!! I entered Freeport in my phone weather application, so I can check the weather, noticed yesterday you guys had 3 air quality alerts. Yikes! Wouldn`t think those are common right there on the coast.

Curtis I have 9 bikes, they all are together and run,,,,,,, well some have sat for a few years and would take a little effort but they ran when they were parked. I have 5 I ride enough to keep them ready to go.

There used to be a company that had a set of barges and a tug. You would load your RV on, there was full hookups, and they would take you from New Orleans to St Louis, or vice versa. At night they stopped at various cities and you could get off and walk the downtowns. During the day you sat in your chair and watched the river go by.

Last night we had another very obviously new born deer in the backyard. Itty bitty thing.

We are short now, coach is hooked to the trailer, need to load the bikes and Jeep today, and I haven`t packed anything. We leave Wednesday after lunch. Convoying with our son,,, plan is to spend the night in the Winchester Va Walmart.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:31 AM   #15588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Popeye, your killing me!! I entered Freeport in my phone weather application, so I can check the weather, noticed yesterday you guys had 3 air quality alerts. Yikes! Wouldn`t think those are common right there on the coast.

Curtis I have 9 bikes, they all are together and run,,,,,,, well some have sat for a few years and would take a little effort but they ran when they were parked. I have 5 I ride enough to keep them ready to go.

There used to be a company that had a set of barges and a tug. You would load your RV on, there was full hookups, and they would take you from New Orleans to St Louis, or vice versa. At night they stopped at various cities and you could get off and walk the downtowns. During the day you sat in your chair and watched the river go by.

Last night we had another very obviously new born deer in the backyard. Itty bitty thing.

We are short now, coach is hooked to the trailer, need to load the bikes and Jeep today, and I haven`t packed anything. We leave Wednesday after lunch. Convoying with our son,,, plan is to spend the night in the Winchester Va Walmart.

Have a great day all!

L.

OH Lloyd, WE GOTTA MEET!

Had an interesting evening yesterday.
Melissa 06 4 Runner gas gauge has been giving her fits with incorrect readings. (Bad sending unit)

FINALLY got her to stop putting gas in it and driving it long enough for me to fix it. She was afraid she'd run out of gas somewhere because the gauge was showing empty at half a tank. So she kept it almost full all the time.

Talked her into running her errands yesterday on empty so when she got back I could drop the tank and replace the sending unit without it full of fuel.
Used the odometer to figure out how empty it really was.

The hardest part is separating those quit disconnect fuel lines. Replaced it and got everything buttoned back up right at 10 o'clock. Not bad considering i didn't start until 6 pm and took a 1 hour dinner break.

She had about 4 gallons still in the tank so it was easy to pump out with on old Holly Fuel pump i had left over from my race car building days.

Not bad for an almost 68 year old, i think.
Oh and tomorrow is my 2 year cancer free anniversary.
Yea!

With that I'm gonna go get my first cup of coffee.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:26 PM   #15589

Lloyd
The weather drifts east , the air comes along for the ride.
The pollution is from the mid west.
Cool breezes off the ocean South and East , are nice but don't reverse the effect.
Old 07-31-2019, 04:24 AM   #15590

Good morning!

Time is short now! We leave around 1pm this afternoon.

Neighbors wife reached out to me last night (he is away on business), needs help going to pickup 40 bales of hay this morning for the cattle. So I got to get busy here in a few minutes.

Curtis, good fix on the car. I hate fuel tank issues. Always a pain, so many have the pump in there also. One I saw was over $400, as the pump and sender were all one assembly.

Well got to run,,,, Have a great day all!
Old 07-31-2019, 06:23 AM   #15591

Keep it between the lines , shiny side up and LOOK OUT FOR IDIOTS

I'll leave a light on for ya.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:01 AM   #15592

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ah, summer in the Black Hills

Prong Horn

Quail?

Sunset on the Wildlife Loop, Custer State Park

Beautiful here but, here's the catch. We have a near non-stop flow of loud, obnoxious Vance and Hines equipped Harley riders starting to arrive for Sturgis (an hour and 45 minutes from Custer). Dang it's loud here.

Since I finished our television lift project I discovered that the electrical circuit that the lift and TV are on (an unused basement freezer circuit) that wasn't powered via the inverter when we are disconnected from shore power. So, I spent the entire afternoon yesterday hunting down and installing a new breaker and pulling in wire for the project.

For the next four days we have to work at the campground so, I will get quite tired of cleaning restrooms.

Y'all have a great day.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:29 PM   #15593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie and Martha View Post
Ah, summer in the Black Hills

Prong Horn

Quail?

Sunset on the Wildlife Loop, Custer State Park

Beautiful here but, here's the catch. We have a near non-stop flow of loud, obnoxious Vance and Hines equipped Harley riders starting to arrive for Sturgis (an hour and 45 minutes from Custer). Dang it's loud here.

Since I finished our television lift project I discovered that the electrical circuit that the lift and TV are on (an unused basement freezer circuit) that wasn't powered via the inverter when we are disconnected from shore power. So, I spent the entire afternoon yesterday hunting down and installing a new breaker and pulling in wire for the project.

For the next four days we have to work at the campground so, I will get quite tired of cleaning restrooms.

Y'all have a great day.
Nice pictures, having fun?
TIM
agnus56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:39 PM   #15594

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks Tim,

Fun is such a subjective word. Today, cleaning RV sites in the rain wasn't exactly ideal. But hey, it could be worse.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:47 PM   #15595

Good evening all!

We are setup in Gettysburg, most of the family is here. Quite night tonight, no potluck as we all rest after the travel.

Last evening did have a tire fail on the trailer, second one of the tires we bought last October. Purchased 4 new tires this AM, however before we head to Yuma, there will be 16" LT tires on this thing. Tired of trailer ST tires!

Nice pics of SD! Yep, Sturgis crowd is loud!!!!

Have a good evening all!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190801_145318.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	341.2 KB
ID:	255449  
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 05:07 PM   #15596

Good evening all!

We are setup in Gettysburg, most of the family is here. Quite night tonight, no potluck as we all rest after the travel.

Last evening did have a tire fail on the trailer, second one of the tires we bought last October. Purchased 4 new tires this AM, however before we head to Yuma, there will be 16" LT tires on this thing. Tired of trailer ST tires!

Nice pics of SD! Yep, Sturgis crowd is loud!!!!

Have a good evening all!
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote