Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2020, 10:12 PM   #18257

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Here are a few more pics from my phone! The last M&G from Freeport, Maine!

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1566731356226.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	284868

Name:	FB_IMG_1566166610813.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	284869

Name:	IMG_20190814_130741233.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	297.2 KB
ID:	284870

Name:	IMG_20190813_121957177_HDR.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	338.6 KB
ID:	284871
guardrail53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2020, 01:22 AM   #18258

One thing that I learned.... The only thing that always works in or on an RV is the owner.
Old 05-10-2020, 04:23 AM   #18259

Drinking first cup of coffee. 41° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 57° with rain most of the day. Going to stay in and keep the dogs company again today.

Rail, great pictures.

Popeye, still not enough warmth here to share with you. Maybe Lynne can box some up and bring it north later this week.

Gordon, did you plant fast growing potatoes?

Lloyd, deer passing thru my yard is a common thing. Glad they do not stay. They like my neighbor's yard better.

AnotherMike, part of why I had to sell mine.

Harvey, always glad to share Michigan weather.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.
Old 05-10-2020, 05:47 AM   #18260

Good morning all!

45* here, headed for 69*. Carolina Blue Sky!

Birthday party for great grandson yesterday afternoon. They purchased a small 6" diameter cake, and just turned him lose. He starred at it and just looked more. His mom stuck her finger in it and gave his a little, and he realized "He Likes Cake"! Bam, he started going at it. Ate a good bunch, then bounced around the house on a sugar high! LOL

Picked up a wobble in Rubi's frontend weeks before we left Yuma. Couldn't really see anything bent or wrong, however read online and heard from friends it is often the ball joints. Anyway, Rubi is on the lift in SIL shop and we started the job. Had to quit, but will complete it today. Got one side almost done, found lower ball joints were bad, Installing Synergy Heavy Duty units, to stand up to all the off-road and heavy tires and wheels.

We maybe breaking out of Spring here. Get into the 80's Thursday, and no rain forecasted next 10 days.

Gordon, do you cover your crops for a froast warning? I assume you must be still having them?

Charile, congrats on the first rental! I am sure it will be nice to have that income.

Restaurants and bars are now open here, with social distancing limits. We are holding back awhile. Also state parks are open, all though they have restricted capacity for the time being. I think that means less sites available.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 05-10-2020, 05:54 AM   #18261

Oh forgot 2 things!

Great pics Rail. Those were a fun 2 weeks! They went by so quickly!

And this pic I was going to post.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200509_154814.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	278.8 KB
ID:	284880  
Old 05-10-2020, 06:46 AM   #18262

36* wake up at 5:30am

Lots of orb so it will warm up ?
Not really ! It just caught up to RonJH's 41 *!
3 hours later.

Lloyd
Wrong pic ! We want to see the "after" not the "before" one !
Can you "Air Mail" some of that warm stuff uptah coast ???

Rail
What ? no moosie pic?
Good memories in the bunch you posted , should I label them for the gang ?
#1-The pedestrian bridge across Boothbay Hahbah
#2-The long awaited feast at Linda Bean's
#3-Chocolate Bandits at Wilbur's
#4-Pemaquid Point Light Station
#5-The afore mentioned Looooooooooooooong wait.at a nameless restaurant.

#6-Bailey Isl -Mackrel Cove hahbah
#7-My Striper fishing rock (at a secret location)
#8-The Rooftop meal overlooking BBH or " The Hahbah in Boothbay "Oh ayuh Chummy.
#9-Hey I know that lady !
(Not the cute one ! The one behind the counter...
the cutie is Jira for those that haven't had the pleasure....)
Old 05-10-2020, 08:50 AM   #18263

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Happy Mothers Day to all of the ladies.

Cool here but not supposed to sn*w. Predicted all around us but our anticipated high should mean we get rain or possibly sleet.

The only thing planted outside so far is the potatoes. Thinking about setting out some additional bedding plants but would have to build a cover for them at night. The planter is against the south side of the house so it is protected well enough that a cover will/should protect them. Right now we will be keeping them inside until the daytime temperatures get back to normal.

Our asparagus is starting to appear as well as the rhubarb. Started some fruit trees last year and they are all leafing out. Neighbor has decided to pump out his garden. I suggested we could move it to a bit higher ground but he likes the location. He has been pumping for about 18 hours and the water is down a few inches. Did I mention he has a lot of water. For the first while I thought the water was running back in to the "pond" but there is just a lot of water over a very large area.

Great pictures of the group in Maine. Wish we would have gone.

Have a great Mothers Day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:11 AM   #18264

If another batch (or repeat offenders) would like to have a "replay" I could be available for it. You guys only saw stuff in my neighborhood !
Acadia is another 150 miles "down"east.
And that's just at the shore. We guts woods too!!!
Mt.Katahdin , Moosehead Lake , The Allagash.........
BUT ONLY...
Until mom passes. (I think she will outlive me though )
She'll be 96 on tuesday !!!!!! (That's class of '42 , born in '24..)
And I might even get to celebrate with her,,,,,IF they end the lock down.....but after is in the plan fer sure.

I'm only allowed to call her for now .
Old 05-10-2020, 02:07 PM   #18265

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Afternoon,

Happy Birthday Rail and Gordon! Hope you had a great day and got some hugs.

Cleaned out the bays today to get ready for the trip home. Chuck stopped by while I was labeling the boxes and he had to leave. Too much for him I guess. Will sure make it easier to find things instead of having to pull everything out to figure out what is in which tote.

Dentist got another crown on and then tomorrow (Monday) Jerry goes back to have top implants installed. Hope they are done on Monday because I really want to leave on Wednesday.

I got a call from my nephew Friday night while I was on the phone talking to Gordon about rigs and gardens. My brother Kevin had a stroke. He woke up early am unable to move his L side and called 911. He is 62 yrs old. He is in ICU and being moved tomorrow to a progressive neuro unit at same hospital. He sounds good and they had him up walking today. They are saying 2 weeks (maybe) of rehab and then home with help. I told him to come to our place. We are set up for caring for someone since we did it with my Mom so he would be good there. Will see how things go. Prayers please.

The leaves here on the trees seem to be constantly dropping. I don't know how they have any leaves to drop. We sweep or rake daily and could probably do it hourly. Little dates drop all over too. Sure do give some nice shade though.

RonS, can you warm things up at home so it isn't 27* when we get home. This has to be the coldest May on history for MI.

Curtis, take care of yourself. I think Melissa would love an electric bike if she tried one.

So depending on what happens with my brother there is a MH we might stop and see in Colleyville, TX. If he goes to rehab for 2 weeks we will stop. If not, we head straight home. The rig is another Itasca, Ellipse 40TD, 2008. I saw the Winnebago Vectra 40TD here and loved the floor plan. This floorplan is slightly different but I like it better. Just living room furniture placement. Like the color of this better and the miles are MUCH better. 84,000 compared to this with 30.089.

The amazing thing is that the interest rate for RV's has dropped since we started looking. From 6.99% to 3.99%. May be the best time to purchase. Just have to wait until I hear from my brother as to whether he needs us home right away or not.

Hope you all are doing well. Take care and hug someone. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 02:30 PM   #18266

Gulf Streamers Club
Lynne, praying for brother Kevin. And that your trip home is FUN. Remember, that is why we bought these RV's.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:31 PM   #18267

No tooth left behind..
Have a safe trip regardless of how fast you have to make it.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:39 PM   #18268

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I know that chubby guy in the green tshirt next to that redhead!

'06 Itasca Sunova 8.1/4l85e, retired 90 Dakota Convertible Toad, 2015 Kia Soul (SunovaToad)
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 09:35 PM   #18269

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Popeye, we all had a great time, good food, spectacular scenery, and the company was the best!
You know, my mom was born Nov. 10th, 1924! One more thing in common! I wish your mom a Happy Birthday, 96, Wow! My mom passed years back, enjoy the time you have with yours, as you never get that time back once they are gone!

Bobby, AKA (Green shirt), Yep so glad Sally felt good enough to spend that day with us! Getting to meet you two, Popeye, and John, was the best!
I agree with Lloyd, those two weeks went way too fast!

Tim, still getting pulled around the lake by Walter?

Lynne, give Jerry our best, hope everything goes as planned! Don't rush the dentist, you might get back home too early and find Sn*w!
Prayers for your brother, hope he come out of this!

Popeye, I have a moose pic, a couple of them!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 05-10-2020, 10:54 PM   #18270

Lynne,Prayers for your brother.

Hope you get to go home this week. Glad your hubby was able to get his dental work done. My DH had his dental work put on hold. We are going to go camping this weekend. We have got to be nuts as it will only be 45* and rainy both days. Hope the weather changes. I hate cold rainy springs. It makes it very hard to get the garden in. DD has to work. They are now letting 150 people in HD. Staying open longer on Sunday. Today she had outside people control duty. No advanced notice. Good thing she had her long johns on. They continue to feed them well on the weekends. Both my cats are greatly improved and have finished their antibiotics.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote