Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2020, 12:57 PM   #18383

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning:
Raining here since midnight. About an inch on the ground. The lake next door is back and the garden submerged.

Condolences to Barb on the loss of her pet and travelling buddy.

Hanging around indoors for the rest of the day.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2020, 01:07 PM   #18384

Winnebago Owners Club
Curtis and Lloyd - Thanks for the information on the boots.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:19 PM   #18385

Way to go Moose !
You chose wisely.
That's why we call them friends.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:16 PM   #18386

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Way to go Moose !
You chose wisely.
That's why we call them friends.
Well said.

Glenda talked to Barb today and she is doing better than can be expected. They were together 23 years. But anyone that knows Barb knows that first and foremost is she’s a practical person. She was loved because of the love she gave to Sena, they were a team, each better because of the other. Sena made her stronger.

We’re all going to miss Sena with Barb, she is not alone in this.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:39 PM   #18387

Gulf Streamers Club
Still looking for base coat white for body of Monaco. Took the paint code I found in papers for coach to English Colors in Austin today. They were unable to translate what I had into a paint mix. Going to take a sample of coach with me tomorrow morning to try again. The sample is all 32' of coach. Nothing is removable to test. 35 miles one way. At least it is on my side of Austin and I do not have to drive all of the way thru town. Should be able to get paint and supplies tomorrow. Then wait a week or two for the rain to stop so I can put paint on. Hope to be able to get primer on earlier than that because primer dries faster and no rain window can be smaller. We will see.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 09:11 PM   #18388

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Barb, so sorry for your loss!

I posted this on FB yesterday, but some of you would not see it so here is a copy!

Went to the local blood testing facility last Saturday for my 6 month test and got the results back today! PSA, .05, And all of my CBC blood levels are in the normal range! My body has went thru quite a change since the 6 months of Chemo, last year, but, after a year, worth all the discomfort, stress, for the good test results!
You guys that saw me at Wes and Tonya's last summer, after just finishing up the 6 months of Chemo, said I looked great for just going thru all that, were very kind! It has taken a good year to get over what that Chemo did to my body and the Cancer! It kicked the Cancers ass, but it also did a number to me and my body!
With all this Covid-19 crap, don't know if we will make it back to the states this year, as the airports here are still closed, and they just extended the closed to all incoming flights from the end of May to the end of June! So, still hopeful, but the hope is dimming!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 05-22-2020, 04:11 AM   #18389

Great News Rail !

I'm happy to hear you're back to "normal".

(Well , your normal anyway....)
I will recalculate accordingly.

Adding my karma points to your hope for your M&G trip..
Old 05-22-2020, 04:35 AM   #18390

Good morning all!

Very thick fog here this morning. 57*, headed for 78*. 10% chance of more rain all day. Yesterday it rained all morning, very hard at times. Around 6pm the sun came out, first time in a while.

Stan, great news. Very happy to hear. Hopefully the M&G will work out for all of you who are attending. Things are improving and my opinion is the numbers do not support the actions.

Barb, very sorry for the loss.

RonS, sounds like a plan. Amazing that BASF themselves can't read their own paint code. Sheesh!

Our coach is in a carport down by the barn. Yesterday, despite the rain, I decided to wash it as it had 2 months of pollen and dust on it. It is a good thing I did. There is a 18"x18" access panel for the back of the res fridge. Has 2 tabs at the bottom and 2 screws on the top to hold it in. Well during the wash I noticed one screw was missing, and the other was 1/2 out. If we had lost that cover it would not have been cheap. Buying a new one from Tiffin, and then painting to match would have been no fun. Going to have to keep a eye on it.

Agree on the CB wiring. When I installed I used the already factory installed CB ant and power circuit that were taped together under the dash. Will see if this improves it some, our friend John is following us home this weekend will be using the CB.

We are planning to headout at noon. Short 60 mile drive.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 05-22-2020, 04:45 AM   #18391

Drinking first cup of coffee. 57° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 66° with rain and clouds. Got some weed pulling/killing done yesterday. Hope to get more done in between raindrops.
Lots of signs spring is here.

Moose, sorry to hear about friends pet. Always sad when our furkids pass.

Rail, saw your post on FB, Good news. Hope they open up airports.

Popeye, No warmth to share today. My shielded pair of wires is twisted. My job required lots of noise cancelling repairs. Oscilloscope to see what noise may be on wires. No longer have the scope but remember how to wire for best signal.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.
Good Morning All.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:06 AM   #18392

RonJH
Cool pic.
Predicted high today is 77*
THAT will be sufficient

Rain all next week ,, and cooler.
So it definitely isn't summah yet Chummie !
Stand by...OH ayuh

New sneaks this morning in an hour.
I'm not that anxious , I'm just coming back home...but it's long overdue !

Where's Bobby ?
Did the marauders get him ?

Old 05-22-2020, 08:20 AM   #18393

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning - again!!
Had a long post and when I tried to post it had an etherspace error. Looks like there may be problems with our connection or the website. Believing the website as I was able to view other sites.

Rain gauge says near 2" of moisture in the last couple days. Supposed to continue to midnight followed by showers. Unfortunately there are some indications of white objects falling at this time. Doubt there will be any accumulation as the ground is quite warm.

Neigbors lake is back to the spring runoff level. Garden is underwater.

Speaking about gardens I went out to try plant the tops off a couple of parsnips. New fad of planting the tops or bottoms of common plants and they will grow. Walking into garden, glad I had put on rubber boots. Went to ankles. But the parsnips are planted.

Good catch on the fridge cover. Have planned an inspection of our coach once I am able to wash it. Will wax and polish and check all sealant. Its an annual thing. With the moisture it will be a few days before I bring it out.

Going to work on the shed lighting. Have a good idea of what to do but reluctant to wander around to various shops looking for supplies. Things are starting to open up here and will wait to see what happens.

Have a wonderful day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:57 AM   #18394

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Chuck and Marilee left for home yesterday evening. Went to bar yesterday for beer and wings, looked like normal, although not as crowded as usual, but probably normal for this time of year.
We are heading to Camp Verde for the weekend, not taking coach, going to meet Milton and Sandy and go out Jeeping.
We are staying put for at least another month to see what is happening and how things are opening up.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:14 PM   #18395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Electra, yes squirels are destructive. Years ago a couple chewed their way into our attic, and then made a mess, including eating the insulation on our wires. I don"t much care for tree rats.
A friend has an avocado tree in their back yard. The squirrels at least half of the crop each year (and sometimes as many as 4 out of every 5), and it's illegal to shoot the pests... they've talked to several local exterminators and all say that there is noting they can do... supposedly there is no good bait for tree or ground squirrels...

Mike
Old 05-22-2020, 02:54 PM   #18396

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherMike View Post
A friend has an avocado tree in their back yard. The squirrels at least half of the crop each year (and sometimes as many as 4 out of every 5), and it's illegal to shoot the pests... they've talked to several local exterminators and all say that there is noting they can do... supposedly there is no good bait for tree or ground squirrels...

Mike
Oh yea of little imagination....

Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote