RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-22-2020, 03:58 PM   #18397

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening,

Getting settled in a bit and the rig is cleaned out. Just added water to all the tanks and a bit of Clorox to disinfect. Haven't done it in over a year so figured this was the year. Will take it to a local CG and dump the tanks after they sit for 24 hrs. Then flush.

Here is the rig Jerry & I wanted to stop to look at while heading home. Brother having a stroke made me decide not to stop. Needed to get home to see him. Here it is.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...-TD-5008786095 Sooner or later we will get the stars aligned and figure it out. I looked 18 months for Miss May.

Birds sure have been enjoying the feed Jerry got for them. I pulled some weeds today and got household stuff worked on. Will take a while. Jerry just said he wants to leave October1st to head back to Yuma so we will see.

Went into Walmart here (without a mask to see what would happen). Lot of people not wearing them but more are. People seem to be really afraid or not at all. No middle ground. Next trip out is for more ammo.

Hope all are well and those who are not, prayers out to you. Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2020, 07:48 PM   #18398

It was at least 77* today.
Got lots done anyhow.
All next week,,,, back to cold and wet...

Gordon
or anybody else interested..
Explanation of North Pole movements.

Old 05-23-2020, 04:55 AM   #18399

First cup of coffee has been poured. 57° with some fog this morning. Heading to 76° with cloudy skies. Not much got done yesterday. Light rain most of the day. Lawn still needs mowing. Better get it done today. Rain forecast for next 5 days. Maybe does not matter Governor has us locked down until June 12th.

Popeye, going to have lots of extra warmth to share starting tomorrow. 80's and maybe 90° on Tuesday.

Mike, mother nature does a good job of controlling the squirrel population. County road get a fair number of them. Then the hawks do a good job on them. I have a hawk picture with one. But it is kind of gross. If that does not get them the Sandhill Cranes give them some serious pokes. There was 6 young ones earlier this spring. Only 2 left.

Lynne, glad you are getting settled in. There is a gun shop in New Hudson open if you are having trouble finding a place to get ammo.

Lloyd, good catch on the cover. There is always something to inspect on a RV.

Gordon, any potatoes yet.

Everyone be safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 05-23-2020, 05:06 AM   #18400

Good morning all!

64* here at the park, headed for 84*. A mostly cloudy day with chance of showers all day.

Popeye, video is interesting. However, no mention of affects on Santa Clause??

Nice small park. About 1 mile from the Interstate, close enough to still be close, far enough to hide the noise. New owners purchased the park Thursday. They are pumped and very excited about their future. Very warm welcome here.

Friend John and I are going to try and get a few drone pics for them weather permiting. We asked if that was okay and they were more than happy about it! Got to catch it during low winds and sun to the drones back,,,,, and of course no rain.

Everyone is here, nice to hae us all together. Deb and I made everyone sausage, peppers and onions for dinner last night, it was a hit. No left overs.

So for my coming up motorcycle trip I purchased a nice 12x12' backpacking rain fly. Compression sacks down to a very small size, polls are 5 peace aluminuim. Borught it along for the trip, and it very nicely attaches to our coach awning adding a ton more space under cover. Came in very handy yesterday during showers, and last night during the nights downpour. All our furniture stayed dry.

We have lots of squirels,,,,,, I do mean lots.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 05:33 AM   #18401

Starting at 59* this am.
Full on orb , wind ~5 for the moment...
Woweee !
I missed a bunch of posts while getting my tires yesterday !

RonJH
You should get a video of the cranes poking at the squirrels !
Bet it would go viral on YT !

OH , after the brush with the 80s yesterday , guess you can shut that weather delivery service off for now ! I'll see if I can send sea breezes west for the duration,,but think it might work better if I lived on the PACIFIC !

East Coast Alaska seems to have gone north for vacation.

Lloyd
At last check in Santa was practicing up on his Russian.
Hope he sees that video.....
Speaking of video ,,,drone huh?
Sounds like fun !

Tell John I said Heya !
I assume the transfer sw. is performing like it's new !

Lynne
You did the right thing.
Karma wasn't ready for you to get a rig yet.
It will reward you later.

Mike
I'm with moose on this one...where there's a will......there's a WAY Getting a pet fox is a possible.

Frank
Hope it doesn't get too hot , I heard it's actually possible to melt if it gets to 130* , I learned this in Death Valley.
Not staying till May 15th next time..... I saw 115* and wasn't staying any longer to test out the theory.....surprisingly it wasn't THAT BAD ???

Safe trip for Chuck and Marilee , no breakdowns !

Gordon
White stuff !!!
I know the vid guy said the NP/SP isn't gonna flip. But It seems I found out where East Coast Alaska went for vacation now.....
Old 05-23-2020, 05:49 AM   #18402

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Good to see someone is able to get out and camp.
Yesterday I drove coach to paint store and they put their electronic gizmo on paint and made a sample. It did not look like a good match to me so I brought sample home and shot a card. OK, I sprayed some of the sample on a card. It seems to be a pretty good match. Tuesday when they open again I will go back (still 35 miles one way) and pick up a gallon, plus the reducer and hardener. I am getting single stage urethane. While there yesterday I bought a respirator. $20 including tax. And it fits.

Rain every day for the next week. Paint will be delayed.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:32 AM   #18403

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Rain showers today. 2 1/4 in the rain gauge this morning. Lots for here. Neighbors garden is underwater. Pumping yesterday but the pump kept getting behind. Left it pumping overnight and the water is still higher than in the spring. Should start gaining today.

Have not watched the video yet but will. Thanks for posting. I have wondered if and how much effect the changing magnetic fields have on weather patterns. Seems to be firmly ignored by the scientific community in any of their climate change discussions.

Tried taping tin foil around the trunk of trees we wanted to keep the squirrels out of. Used duct tape to secure. Seemed to work if there is no other path for them to get to the tree. Watched a squirrel run down a very small diameter house service telephone wire and jump into a tree at a friends house. Walnut tree and the squirrel was really fat!

White stuff just made an appearance for a short time. Disappeared as it hit the ground. Rained all day but today is just cloudy with showers. Furnace is back on. Had it on hold for 1 day in a row. Projected to put it on hold tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:34 PM   #18404

Typed a long post the other day and forgot to press submit.

Getting some rain seems to not be as much as most of you. Wanted to rent a gas sod cutter. Called the rental place and couldn't get one until Tuesday. Screwy policy. Would have to drive 45minutes each way to show my drivers license and credit card. This would only reserve it. Then on Tuesday another 1&1/2 hr. drive. Told the clerk this was a stupid policy as he wouldn't let me use the credit card over the phone. Ended up at a local hardware store that had a manual sod cutter for a lot cheaper. Did a decent job. Pooped out a 74yr. old man. Some of the yard wouldn't cut. Worked on this by hand today. The middle of the yard does get more sunlight. What do you do with rolls of heavy sod? Will put some out in the garbage all summer until all gone. Dh hates squirls as they take a few bites out of a tomato and cause it to drop to the ground. Made DH a work list for the summer. One bite at a time. Stay safe. Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 04:51 AM   #18405

Coffee is done brewing. 59° with mostly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 84° with chance of a stray thunderstorm. Lawn got mowed yesterday. Then helped neighbor make new doors for his shed. All he has to do now is paint them. I need to put all the tools away and cleanup shop. While he was at Lowes he picked up the quarter round trim I needed for window trim on back porch. But I think today is going to be a conserve energy day.

Ann, I rototill sod in with my tractor mounted tiller. Takes a few passes over a few day. Use vegetation killer pryor to tilling. Your poor DH must be very sore this morning. Give him a conserve energy day.

Gordon, white stuff. Not on our Memorial Day weekend.

Popeye, one of the things I have not learned how to do is take videos with my camera. Need to read manual on how to take videos. 800+ pages. Maybe there is a section on just video. 200 pages long. I tried to take videos with my Drone. But all the birds leave before it gets close.

Llyod, enjoy the get together. Hope weather is nice.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:07 AM   #18406

43* and a thick layer of fog has developed overnight...
The orb is up and lit it all into a giant movie screen , without the movie showtime in 20 minutes. Just enough time to visit the snack bar for a giant popcorn , a handful of long lasting Tootsie Rolls and a refreshing cold drink ........:19 minutes till showtime ...laugh:

RonJH
There's a little button that looks like a movie camera somewhere on it ..you owe me one vid of the cranes poking squirrels away from the feeder !

Ann
You're throwing away your grass ???
Oh .... you're still in Tucson ?
They don't like anything green do they ?

Lloyd
Sounds like YOU'RE gonna need more ice cream !....than usual.

RonS
All geared up and no place to paint !
Good score on the respirator !
Now you'll find your old one for sure.....

Gordon
You have just been forced to retire from my weather sharing crew !
Your gold watch is in the mail....probably gonna rain for a week and I'm returning all your sno* too....
Old 05-24-2020, 05:44 AM   #18407

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

We are getting some more rain here today. Very light but with all the standing water a bit worrisome. Last year the farmers had a hard year because of rain and over half of the fields around here never got planted. It's looking that way again right now.

With the dams that broke in MI those areas really do not need any more rain. Hotels and restaurants are closed and the people have very limited areas to get shelter. Our governor will not compromise even for this area with this disaster. The videos from these areas are tragic. Everything gone or damaged. Going to be a long clean up and I am sure some of it will never come back to normal.

Here is a video of the destruction.

To all of those who have served in the military, I want to personally thank you for my freedom. Your sacrifice is precious to me.

The kids are coming over today to have a meal with us. Ribs, potato salad, strawberry shortcake, asparagus (out of the garden), and a visit. Looking forward to it.

Take care everyone and have a blessed day. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 05:55 AM   #18408

WOW Lynne !
Is that where you live?

Looks like a tornado hit too.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:07 AM   #18409

Good morning all!

66* headed for 87* here, Carolina Blue Sky, with thunderstorms expected this afternoon.

Short post here, all our coming to our site for Poppy's special pancake breakfast. Got to get ready.

Lynne, horrible mess those dams breaking etc.. They are on the news everywhere. Can't say I agree the owners are not responsible. I heard they recvd many fines and notices the dam was unsafe over the past years. With so much at stake, you would have thought they would have drained the lake if the dam was unsafe.

Well, gotta run. Soon will have a bunch of hungry customers!!!!

Oh, we got the drone pictures. Owners love them. Have a couple of more requests, will try and take them today.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:20 AM   #18410

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Cool and showers yesterday morning but cleared off and sun came out. Gorgeous day.

Pump is working valiantly and gaining some ground, err water, but big pond, little pump. It going to be a while. Garden is still under water. Suggested he move garden to a different location but he likes the current location. Have to build a rice planter!! Maybe wild rice???

Sharpened blades on the lawn mowers. Cause we are going to have to make hay in a few days. 2 1/4" of rain and now some warm days. I am starting to hear the grass growing but we will be ready!!!

Poppy's Pancakes. Now that brings back good memories. Now I am hungry again. Breakfast number two.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.