Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2020, 09:29 AM   #18411

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hello all,

Martha and I are planning to go to the ruins in Casa Grande today. Trying to get some outside time because beginning on Wednesday, they are talking potentially record breaking heat. Starting on Tuesday of this week.

Since I copied this forecast they've revised the 106* day to 108*. Yeesh.

In other news, our first renters in the RV really enjoyed their stay and they had zero problems. Ka...ching

I was reading "RV Travel News" this morning and they said that RV sales are really booming. People don't want to travel by air or sea and are buying RV's instead. They also said that Outdoorsy and other RV Rental venues are up a whopping 650%.

So, I am supposing that if you have travel plans for the summer, fall or next spring you best get your reservations set.

I hope everyone is well? I haven't been here for a bit but will get caught up with a cup of coffee and a cinnamon roll.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2020, 09:07 PM   #18412

Mostly quiet day

DH had to rototill up a small garden for our neighbors. Today was 80*. What ever happened with gradually easing into summer? Then I had him move the sod into a pile in the corner of the yard. Wishing I could find someone that needed fill. Could always post it on facebook market place. We try to not do much on Sunday. Yesterday DH and I took the flannel sheets off the beds and did four loads of wash. Today I folded and put the wash away. Tomorrow my Brother and sis in law are going to stop by to see our new patio and fencing. He hasn't seen the landscaping out front. Dh picked DD up took our neighjbor for a few groceries. Have had some folks blowing off fire crackers in the neighborhood. Lynne, I know what you mean about the uncertainty of camping. I hate to pay and not be able to use the ammenties at the campground. Could be 90* and the pool is off limits. Waiting until May 31st to see if the state parks will open. Take care and be safe. Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 04:20 AM   #18413

Poured first cup of coffee. 61° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 86° with chance of thunderstorms in afternoon. Got some of the flower garden I have been cleaning up done. Hope to get some more done today. Shop is now back to being usable again. Relaxed rest of the day.

Remember today is celebrated in memory for all those that gave everything.
I use it as a day to remember all those that fought for our freedoms. My Dad was in WWI, All my mothers brothers were in WWII and Korea. My 2 brothers were in Vietnam. My oldest son was in Desert Storm. All returned safe and injury free. I thank everyone that served for their service.

Charlie, those temperatures would send me into some place cooled with AC.

Popeye, still have not figured out how to get videos be taken with my cameras. They always come out out of focus. Cranes and squirrels played together without any pokes yesterday.

Everyone have a great Memorial Day.

Good Morning All.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:57 AM   #18414

Currently 51* ,up from the 46* at wakeup.
Thick cloud cover , the orb is struggling to be seen.
Rain ? ....maybe.

RonJH
Focus huh ? I thought in vid mode it would be on auto.focus.
(maybe there's a button for that too ?)

They wrote a blank check for everything and it got cashed !
So you could do what you do.
Don't ever forget them when you're whining about basically anything.

popeye gives an at attention salute and a tear or two for those that never came back......and another for those that came back with the horrible memories of that fact......
Old 05-25-2020, 07:05 AM   #18415

https://twitter.com/nwsfortworth/sta...012896769?s=21

Today will be a wet one here in north Texas.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:23 AM   #18416

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Going to be a lovely day today. Will be setting out the watermelon bedding plants.

Water is going down in the neighbors garden but still lots on it. Not likely he will be able to plant it until the second week of June at this rate.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:52 PM   #18417

85* today.

Started out cloudy then full sun. DH started rototilling at 7:30 AM. Did two passes then quit at noon. Visited with my brother and sis.in law. Cooked some hot dogs on the grill. After they left DH and I sorted our firewood. Filled up two small garbage cans. Have a pile to bring down to my friend's house. He has a log splitter. DH planted tomatoes(root bound) and peppers. Today the fence installer is coming to make some adjustments to our gate. He left a small pile of fence parts that I don't know if they are garbage. Our cats sure are enjoying much more outside time. Found out the State Parks will be opening up. No shelter rentals or playground use. Will have to call our campground office to see if the bathouse will be open. The beach will be open with # of people reduced. I hope they give priority to campers. Been to this park many times and never swam in the lake.Dh hooked up the two outside water hoses. No excuse to not wash the truck and RV.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:54 PM   #18418

Well, I'll keep this short. We got back from San Antonio last night. I finally got to meet the New Grandson. He's 5 months old now and almost crawling full speed. He would be already but he keeps trying to stand up. Oh well he will get it.

Feet are getting there. Still have some bad days, but last longer in the shop a little more each day.

I start back on my Coaches remodel this week.
In between rain showers. Long stories and lots to do, but I'll stop here for now.

Us and the little one. (I take terrible pictures)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100777756_10158180422786142_668022531566862336_n.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	287019  
Curtis in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:35 AM   #18419

Poured first cup of coffee. 63° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 88° with partly cloudy skies. Not much got done yesterday. To warm. Did spend a few hours at neighbors sitting around their pool enjoying the fantastic weather.
Wanted to get some pictures of a flyover over my town. Never saw the planes. But Sandhill Cranes did a fly over and landed in field.

Curtis, Grandkids are the best.

Popeye, working getting some videos with cameras. Seems my camera does not like my 600mm lense. But working on it. Got as warm degrees to share. Should be on there way. Just not sure if I sealed box good enough.

Gordon, your neighbor may need to put some field tile in to keep his garden drained.

Harvey, sorry your holiday got washed out.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 05-26-2020, 04:50 AM   #18420

Good morning everyone!!

68*, headed for 75*. Overcast cloudy forecasted all day. Expected heavy rain rest of the week thru Saturday. This is getting old.

Great picture Curtis! Fun times! Glad the feet are getting better.

Camping trip went well, we all had a great time despite rain showers all weekend. A big downpour during Sunday nights pot luck dinner, had a small river running thru our site. Yesterday after the trip home and unpacking, spent the afternoon cleaning chairs and other stuff that were covered in mud. Had our patio carpet down, brought back at least 30 lbs of mud and junk in it. My shop looks like a laundry, stuff everywhere in there drying.

Charlie, yup it is gonna be hot there. I hear tell a lot of the locals head north to Flagstaff during the summer to cool off. Not too long a drive for you right?

The job today is to install a Safe-T-Steer in friend John's coach. Also weld a bracket that is broken on his entry steps while under there. Safe-T-Steer install is not too bad, tricky part is it usually takes 2-3 tries to get the wheel straight. Test drives inbetween.

Maybe when done can cut the grass, assuming it really does not rain even though the sky looks like it will.

Long story short, extra tickets became available for our Granddaughters college graduation Friday, we get to go.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 05-26-2020, 04:57 AM   #18421

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Had a hard rain again last night. Jerry has mowed the lawn twice in the week we have been back. I still haven't gotten the weed whipping done yet but will try today.

Visited my brother yesterday who had the stroke. He is pretty weak for him and you can tell how hard this stroke hit him. It's a little disconcerting to see. He is 5 yrs younger than me and he looks much older.

Heard we had a 3rd dam that broke in MI when the other two did but haven't been able to confirm that yet. News has been pretty quiet on what happened. That area is not likely to ever recover from this.

Curtis, you look good and your feet will get there but it does take time. Sure hope we get to stop by and visit you and Melissa when we head out to Yuma in the fall. Would love to visit you two again.

Popeye, where the dams broke is north of us.

Gordon, thanks for the info on diesels. Saw a rig with a Spartan engine the other day. Interesting rig. I literally saw a rig with less than 1000 miles on it and it was a 2005 I believe. Makes you wonder.

Hope the rest of you are doing well. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:03 AM   #18422

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-3 View Post
Started out cloudy then full sun. DH started rototilling at 7:30 AM. Did two passes then quit at noon. Visited with my brother and sis.in law. Cooked some hot dogs on the grill. After they left DH and I sorted our firewood. Filled up two small garbage cans. Have a pile to bring down to my friend's house. He has a log splitter. DH planted tomatoes(root bound) and peppers. Today the fence installer is coming to make some adjustments to our gate. He left a small pile of fence parts that I don't know if they are garbage. Our cats sure are enjoying much more outside time. Found out the State Parks will be opening up. No shelter rentals or playground use. Will have to call our campground office to see if the bathouse will be open. The beach will be open with # of people reduced. I hope they give priority to campers. Been to this park many times and never swam in the lake.Dh hooked up the two outside water hoses. No excuse to not wash the truck and RV.
Anne, DW (best thing about me) is already collecting jalopenas. Our tomatoes, little yellow and little black cherrys along with the big ones are hard at it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	294BD667-0241-4077-912A-C9ECC53860E5.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	636.7 KB
ID:	287041   Click image for larger version

Name:	CEA94091-AE67-423D-9486-787E7CA7E561.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	677.9 KB
ID:	287042  

Name:	8E16F0B7-AF60-46B6-B898-D6C440F5E1E3.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	658.5 KB
ID:	287043   Click image for larger version

Name:	7C14C70B-FC4C-4C59-86BD-76D875A146A2.jpeg
Views:	35
Size:	551.3 KB
ID:	287044  

Old 05-26-2020, 08:34 AM   #18423

I woke up at 4am and checked the temp outside 52* !
So I went back to sleep and @ 7am much warmer 54* Shoulda just got up , it didn't work ! 10am 64* getting better.

Hazy sky lit up by Mr.Roy ORB-ison?

Curtis
So assigning titles by the good , bad and ugly formula ...?
hmmmmmm , You gave away the ugly. The good and bad are giving me trouble..... I'm gonna have to just guess the baby is still pretty much in 100% good status . So.... just WHAT has Melissa been up to ???????

Lloyd
Sounds like you're all soggy ! Should we just call you Biscuit ?

SteerSafe on John's rig ?
Whaaaat ? It didn't come with it. ?
Well , it can't need much more to be complete....

I know.....there's ALWAYS something !

RonJH
64* now
Old 05-26-2020, 09:35 AM   #18424

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Supposed to rain again today. Just checked the pump and the water went down about 1/4 inch overnight. This is the first time in a while that the water has not soaked away. We sit at the edge of a big sand deposit so normally it does not take long to disappear. I think we are at the saturated fully stage.

Mowed the lawn yesterday. Young lady next door mowed her lawn. With freshly sharpened blades on all machines the yards look manicured. She was really lucky. 13 years old and a good lawn mower driver but she did not see the hose and power cable to the pump. Caught her before any damage as she had mowed down the hose without cutting it!!! Did touch the power cord but fortunately just clipped the coating. Bit of tape and it will be "good as new". She is very smart so that will be the end of the risks.

Kind of looking for a new car. Janet saw one she thought was interesting so started a chat. They are worse than mosquitoes for aggression. Within a few minutes they called. We are going to look today! Some good deals to be had.

Cooking breakfast this morning so off to prepare a feast for my sweetie.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.