Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2020, 09:36 AM   #18425

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Had a nice time in Camp Verse. Went on a 40 to 45 mile trail ride with Milton and Sandy and a friend of theirs. Went from Cherry to Cottonwood. Different from the desert rides, lots of trees and brush 3000' elevation change. Rita is going to post some of the pics on the RE 4wheelers Facebook page.
Have a great day,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2020, 04:25 AM   #18426

Need to pour fist cup of coffee. 61° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 84° with mostly cloudy skies. Got a couple of projects done before it got too hot outside. JD lawn mower broke a belt. None in stock locally. Will not get a new one until next week. Hope grass does not grow to much.

Popeye, glad you are getting some warm weather. Figured out camera videos. Changed to a Canon lens. Takes perfect videos.

Harvey, garden looks good.

Gordon, way to much rain out west.

Frank, sound like a got area to ride. Did Jeep rides in Sedona. Good mix of different trails.

Llyod, working on RV's in a dry place.

Lynne, hope your brother gets his strength back quickly.

Everyone stay safe an healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:01 AM   #18427

Good morning all!

66* headed for 71* today,,,,, and the forecast is for very heavy rain in the afternoon. Depressing!

Frank, sounds like a nice run. Will look for Rita's pictures.

Gordon, how was the new car checkout? Is it home with you? Is it Trail Ready?

Safe-T-Steer install went good. Nailed the centering challenge on the first try. Took it on a pretty lenghty test drive and she goes straight even if no hands on the wheel.Last time took 3 adjustments to find center.

Have a nice day all!

L.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:23 AM   #18428

Dang! Kept forrgetting to mention this for 3 days now........

Today (Wednesday) at 4:33 pm EST Space X is launching a maned rocket. First American launch with human's on board post the space shuttle program retirement. The astronauts will dock with the international space station and stay there.

If you get the Science channel, coverage begins at 2pm. Fox News is also covering, and I expect so will others.

If you have not followed this, the boosters automaticaly return to earth, and land on a pad for reuse after the launch. Amazing stuff.

L.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:12 AM   #18429

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;

Rained a bit yesterday. Today is sunny. Going to send taxes in today. Have to pay. Bonus is they are giving us some grace time so do not have to pay till September. The pump next door did not make any headway on the water level!!!! Overnight it should be down a bit.

Lloyd. Yup Janet bought a trail ready new car. I am going to wait until you see her to ask her if we can use it in the desert. I'll give you a hint to not expect a positive answer. Meanwhile we are practicing wavenating. Kept the old one as the value on a trade is pathetic especially after a cash discount. Offered it to our son and daughter in law. She does short commutes in town so it could be a very good car for her. Run it till it dies and then donate to the kidney foundation.

Sun is out and a day or so before more blue sprinkles.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:16 AM   #18430

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Hope all are staying safe. Yesterday bought white paint for body of coach. Single stage urethane. $380 for paint and activator/hardener. Plus lacquer cleaner for cleaning up, and grease/tar/wax/silicone remover. Waiting on clear weather to be able to put some on front and rear cap. Not putting white on sides unless I have to. Still need activator for the turquoise paint that I already have. If it is still good.

Hope to be able to visit sister Linda in a few days. Along with brother Stan. Wish we could get tested for COVID19 before but we need doctor script for that here. Praying we are all OK. Still limiting trips off of my property and wearing mask when in public.

Gordon, you can put a lift kit and big knobby tires on your old car and hit the desert with us this winter season in Yuma.

Need to mow today. Actually I needed to mow last week but it keeps raining.
Time to get at it. Keep safe. Wash your hands. Be kind.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:39 AM   #18431

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...rtsman-camper/

Here’s the camper for following a Jeep
Old 05-27-2020, 11:57 AM   #18432

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Morning all,

We got up at 6am this morning to play disc golf (and beat the heat). I had my best 18 hole round ever with 8 pars, 4 birdies and the rest were bogies. We played at Tucson's "Groves" park. Many cactus to avoid and the holes play off the fairway and into thickets of dense Honey Mesquite and cactus. It is a challenging course (for me).

The park itself is about three blocks from the famous Airplane Storage Yard here in Tucson. you can see hords of C-130 tails sticking up above the desert scrub.

Yesterday we purchased the last piece of furniture that we needed for our bedroom. Now we have a dresser to put clothes into instead of stacking them on the floor. It's the little things.

We are expecting temps over 100 for the next five days. Thursday the prediction is for 108*.

Everyone have a great rest of your day.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:47 PM   #18433

Getting John Deere blade.

DH had me order a new lawn mower blade for our 1982 steel deck JD push mower. Didn't need it for this year. Just wanted in on hand as things get dc'd.Called our usual place we order from. Never got a return call from them. Ordered it of the internet and got it quickly. We do have a local JD store. If I am remembering correctly they would have to order it in. This is my prefered lawn mower. It puffs a little white smoke when you start it up. When the engine gives out DH can get a replacement at Harbor freight. It is either too hot or humid. Have to mow between the rain storms. We have a newer Honda self propeled mower. Today the guys(2).Finished tweeking the fence gates. DH has most of the garden in. Friday he will go to the farmers marked for white egg plants and some medium hot peppers for our neighbor. Forgot to ask him if he is going to bury the soaker hoses. Ordered Rv ref. parts from PPL motor Home. Our freezer door stays shut. When you open it the door flops down. Needs parts to the tune of $174.00. This is our part to stimute the economy. Can't buy a new propane/electric fridge for this amt. of money. Our Old HiLo needed the same repair. When the ref.has to be replaced I will strip and resell parts.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 04:41 AM   #18434

Drinking first cup of coffee. 67° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 77° with thunderstorms. Got grocery shopping done yesterday. Well most of it. Still need a couple more items. So another trip to one of the smaller store. Still wearing mask and gloves with hand sanitizer. Then house cleaning before my aunt comes to my place for a few days.
Weather is going back to more spring weather. I did check out house AC. It works.

Charlie, the Pima Air Museum in Tucson was great to visit.

Llyod, maybe Saturday for launch.

Everyone be safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:15 AM   #18435

Good morning all!

66*, overcast headed for 80*. Rain in the forecast, might get a peak on the sun this morning in a 1 hour time slot?

So, question. What is the next level after soggy????? Tropical storm Bertha came through here yesterday, we didn't need that! It has gone North now, headed thru Virginia and into West Virginia.

As RonJ said, about 25mins before they canceled the launch. Weather was the cause. Next scheduled is 3:22pm EST Saturday. It seems cheesy. On the pre launch show they had Captian Kirk, Myth Busters, Katy Perry etc... What? Thought the science channel would keep it serious.

Just started raining again as I type!

Gordon, we sure could have fun with the old car. Have plenty of drivers to bring it back to Yuma in the fall. It would be the only one out there!

Deb bought me a gift. A little unit about the size of a cell phone. Solar pannel on one side. 8,000 MAH battery. Recharges via solar, or power cord into a USB port. Can plug your phone in and recharge off the grid. Very handy for my motorcycle trip coming up.

Ron, they sure have gotten crazy on paint prices. Hope you get some good painting weather soon.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:43 AM   #18436

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Sorry Lloyd. Car has a new home. Our favorite daughter in law will be using it for the next while. I had considered keeping it if she did not want it but will not have the opportunity now. They pick it up tomorrow. Janet has already cleaned out all of her stuff and we will wash it today. I thought about polishing it up but did so last fall. Still looks really shiny.

Sun is out and going to be a gorgeous day. Got about a 1/4 inch of rain yesterday so the pump did not make much progress. The water level is a bit lower though. Next few days are hot and sunny so we should be close to done pumping in a couple days.

With a couple days of warm dry weather the yard may be dry enough to take the coach out and wash it. Then it is going to get a polish and buffing. Few maintenance items to take care of.

Province is starting to relax the health guidelines and the economy will have a chance to start up. We could be going camping but not sure how much fun it will be if they still want social distancing. We have a couple food events (pot luck and communal breakfast) that would be eliminated if the rules remain and that would take a lot of fun out of it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:53 AM   #18437

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening everyone!

They finished paving the two main lanes on our street today, will come back tomorrow and start the sides and driveways!
The sky got real dark this evening, but very little rain! Still very hot!
Been eating a lot of mangoes and having mango smoothy's! Yum!
Lloyd, have fun on your bike with your brother, and be safe!
Everyone have a great day ❣️! Rail! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200528_114230951_HDR.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	568.5 KB
ID:	287278

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200528_174427330_HDR.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	474.7 KB
ID:	287279

Name:	IMG_20200527_132325611.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	287280

Name:	IMG_20200526_094202404.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	256.2 KB
ID:	287281
guardrail53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:43 AM   #18438

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Love Mangos...I bet they are really good in a smoothie.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote