Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2020, 11:52 AM   #18635

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Top of the day to everyone!
Happy Father's Day to all our dads. Those still with us and those who have moved on. Still think of my dad every single day.
Lloyd, the sickle mower is "OK", and I agree with the points you made. I would add one significant point; the sickle mower is prone to plugging, and often it causes the sickle bar to break and or teeth breaking off. On a steep pond bank that would be as Barney Fife says, heartaches! The flail is best IMO.
RonS, I am in hopes your humidity goes down for painting, gonna dry slow at 88%.
I'm about done with pass #1 on mowing, it'll take two more to get things right. Then trimming to do, "sigh".
Better get back at it, bye for now.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2020, 12:50 PM   #18636

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Happy Fathers Day!

Spent the morning on line with Microsoft. For some reason Outlook stopped downloading one of my email accounts. I could sign on to the account online but Outlook said it was the wrong password. Technician fixed the problem and then another account did the same thing. Finally got it all fixed.

Rain here so it was not bad watching the fellow working on the problem. Supposed to go out and do some weed wacking but too wet!!

Our RV club has cancelled all planned functions until September. Keeping fingers crossed for October to go south.

Yes I heard that the park has a new manager. No word on him. Rumor has it that Tom and his wife are in a Assisted Living facility.

Have a safe trip Lloyd and family.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:42 PM   #18637

Hey Bill
I wish I was closer ,,,I've racked up quite a bit of campground experience workamping since '03 , have seen IT ALL I'm sure... Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh
My specialty is selling every piece of candy in the camp store to the kids with the five dollars grandpa gave them for an ice cream "Hey , ice cream doesn't cost THAT much grandpa !" LOL

I even reverse trained my brain to use a zero turn mower at a place in Vermont !
My body seems to have recovered though...

Having everything brand new will be a big help with keeping up !
You built it , now they will come.

Rail
SEPTEMBER ???????errrrrrk !
Book a flight , it'll be a nice fall for leaf peepin' !
You can come back here if ya miss M&G and we can do more recalculatingggggg..skuh kuh kuh
There's a LOT of woods uptah camp you never saw...

Ron S
I will make it my mission to catch a big fat 'ol shark for ya!
That'll be a fishin' story for yer Buds in Texas...

Well maybe I can get a legal sized striper this year , I got a big rod this year ,,,can't surf cast very far with the 3 footers..
The little 3' dock runner are great on the little 16-14" ones , but not so sure about the above 3 foot ones !

I will lay a line on the bottom just in case though...."here sharky sharky"
Old 06-22-2020, 03:23 AM   #18638

64* @5:20am
The fog last night has lifted a bit but still heavy overcast ,no orb even barely visible....she's dead calm flat water ooooie ...
Old 06-22-2020, 05:14 AM   #18639

Coffee is done brewing. 66° with clouds and some rain this morning. Heading to 84° with chance of thunderstorms. Yesterdays 100% chance of rain got us .04". Good time at sons place until a stray storm hit about 4:30. Sent us all into the house rest of the evening. Parts to do final repairs on JD mower came in Friday. May work on that project today. No other plans.

Everyone be safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:48 AM   #18640

Good morning all!

70* with Carolina Blue Sky, no rain forecasted until after 7pm tonight T showers, however I should be headed north by 5pm when the kids get done with work.

Friends heard via the grape vine that I was home alone, invited me yesterday to their fathers day event. Had a great time. Great food, cold beer, had not seen them in many months.

The flail had a lot of surface rust, wire brushed it all with a machine I have, then cleaned it off and treated it with Rust Kutter. Have had very good luck with that stuff. Today I need to rinse it all off with water (washes off any that is on the paint still in place, allow it to dry and then paint. Also today supposed to recv my parts (knives and belt tension spring). If all goes well it will be ready for paint when I return.

Popeye, fishing has never been my thing. Might be cause I don't eat them.

Rail, I suggest a plan B! If you cannot get away this summer, come to Yuma and visit this winter. It would be great to see you and Jira.

Godon, sorry to hear about Tom. Didn't agree with his style etc... but being healthy is a wonderful thing.

Hope new manager is a little more open minded.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:58 AM   #18641

Alpine Owners Club
Good morning everyone from beautiful Prescott, AZ where its 63* @ 5AM
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 06:22 AM   #18642

Lloyd
It's more about the catching for me.
I usually let 'em go to grow !!!!
Legal stripers are 28" and up 3'-4' typical..
Everybody wants one of those !

But...
A big tuna will be kept at all cost$$$ !
Cuz can sell 'em for MUCH more than anything spent.......

My buddy with the boat wants to install one of those ski towers.
But not for towing people....
Can't lift those bigguns into the 16' Whaler.
'Two old men of the sea" ....pirate version.

Sharks , super fun to catch but usually just cut the line.
After seeing if we can get 'er to the boat for a photo op.
Hook removal not an option

Down where you live the Gulf Stream is close by and the sport fish are also close too. You should try for summa dat action.
Bet you'd find it more fun even if you aren't looking for dinner.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:29 PM   #18643

Hot and humid today at 88*

Told DH to mow our yard early. Don't care if the neighbors don't like the noise at 7AM. One neighbor was blowing off fire crackers until 3AM. Then DH is trying to fix a heavy Poulin Pro 100 weed wacker. His parts arrived in the mail today. It was his,but gave it to the pastor as it was gettting to be too heavy for him at 74Yrs old. Had to run to the hardware for smaller gas line tubing. Got it to run some then it stalls out. Will stop at our favorite small engine repair place for a new fuel filter. You Tube makes the repair look easy!! Most people would just throw it away and get a new one. Wonder how good the battery operated ones are. Would need it to last at least one hr. on a charge. We have three Harbor Freight stores in our area. None of them have the welder in stock DH wants. We were able to order it from the HF warehouse in California. Also ordered a new porch flag at the end of May. So far haven't received it. Sent an inquiry email. The plant had to stop producing flags and make Corina virus masks. Now they are back to making flags. Probably running 24-7. Take care Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:14 PM   #18644

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Hello all!
Ann, I recently purchased the big Vulcan welder from Harbor Freight. Good unit, waited quite a while till the best on sale time hit on that one and nabbed it.
Popeye if you were closer I could use the help. Right now it's me myself and I. Hope you're right about the Field of Dreams adage. I did build it, that part is true so far![emoji2]
Forgot to tell you all what I discovered when I parked the coach at home. Some of the roads are so God awful rough. Somehow along the way it shattered the outside pane of the 1/2 bath window. The glass is still in the frame, but completely shattered. Always something.
Well, I'll catch y'all in the 'morrow. Goooodnight!
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:38 PM   #18645

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Evening
Guess morning
Been out at farm.
Been fishing mornings. Mowing 10 acres takes me a good day and 1/2. 2 days weed whipping then start all over. Got quite a few evenings of fishing too.
Been some weird catches a northern pike caught on a pan fish jig and a crappie on a pike lurer.
Couple days got blown off lake even with 2 anchors.The new house is near complete.. Weird style. In my opinion. A) blogs have raddiont heat. Been asked to go too Joe's dad's for the 4th. A first in 23 years.
I've had the PA at the farm since riots.
Sad state of affairs her in the city's like 17 shootings since Friday. A guy drives wrong
way on freeway kills 4 including him self.
Sad state of affairs.
Lloyd and Deb our condolences.

I'll get a better pic of new house in am
Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200622_110502.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	290575  
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 03:38 AM   #18646

62* here and in a fog bank again..supposed to get to 74* , the fog hanging around till noon or so with drizzle likely. Sea temp 60* (finally , it's safe to jump in ! colder and you could be in for a rude surprise)

WD
I think there might just be a lot of people deciding RVs are a safer alternative to other accommodations this year.

Hopefully it will mean you are at capacity for the duration...

Lloyd happy trails and fair weather my friend.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:19 AM   #18647

Poured first cup of coffee. 64° with light rain this morning. Heading to 73° with off and on rain in am. Got just about nothing done yesterday. Just too hot and humid for me. May get something done today.

Ann, I have the HF Lynxx tools. They work good. I get about 45 minutes on a single charge. Plenty for my trimming. Check out EGO at HD if you need more time.

Popeye, after retiring I sold the boat and all my fishing gear. Did great lakes fishing for 25 years. Lots of salmon, steelhead, musky, walleye and perch. Could not figure out how to support 2 expensive hobbies on a fixed income. RVing won because I could do it year around.

Everyone be safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 06-23-2020, 02:32 PM   #18648

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Afternoon all,

Martha and I continue to hunker down in Tucson, the infection rate is skyrocketing here. I only go out for groceries and an occasional Jeep ride.

We took the Jeep to West Sugauro National Park Sunday evening at sunset and rode on Golden Gate Road. It was a spectacular time to visit.

Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote