Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2020, 07:18 AM   #19363

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. House A/C quit working last night. Low refrigerant. Since this is Labor Day do not expect to get repaired today. Maybe tomorrow. 94° today.

Curtis, on my floor flap for the Gulfstream motorhome I had no strap or chain, just reach down and pull up. It was still pretty convenient to use.

Heading outside with Pebbles to see if the park is still there. Then might paint the roof of the Tracker. Not supposed to rain today.

rsp
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2020, 07:48 AM   #19364

Alpine Owners Club
Good morning everyone!!

Well yesterdays picture was from the channel in town, where the kids seem to end up on big weekends, guess we had our share of those ourselves in younger days........but these days we just stay home and try to hideout with a small group of friends on the holidays

Here's a picture I took just about 30 minutes ago from our back deck.......I am calling it the "Calm Before the Storm". It's currently only 86* here but supposed to be going to 117* by 4PM...........then only 99* tomorrow, go figure

Curtis,

I can't wait to see your baby rolling down the road with a new paint job....keep at it!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day and stay safe!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0739.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	300104  
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 08:00 AM   #19365

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Went for a drive with my niece and her husband to a chocolate shop in Kagawong and had a great time. Right at the crossroads there was a neat gazebo in front of the place.

Name:	us1.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	300101

We didn't do the social distancing really well as evidenced here

Name:	us2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	300102

When we got back we got a coffee to go and sat in a small park in the down town area.

Name:	little current.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	435.0 KB
ID:	300103

Rained like a demon here last night with a great thunder and lightening show that kept us entertained.

The winds are super high today so we won't be leaving until they settle down tomorrow or the next day as we were thinking of heading south and taking the Chi-Chimaun Ferry to the Bruce Peninsula.

That should be a fun trip if we can arrange it.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 08:17 AM   #19366

Good morning!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200907_101430.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	482.2 KB
ID:	300108  
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 08:22 AM   #19367

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Good morning!
How did we ever camp before Blackstone
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 08:26 AM   #19368

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Went on a ride with the motorcycle club yesterday.

Yes the AquaHot pumps were about 6 years ago. Just at the time our coach got built. We did not have any issues with the pumps within the warranty period. And during the additional time they extended the warranty. They agreed to provide the replacement pumps but balked at the labor. So I have a stockpile of pumps just waiting to be installed. Fairly simple job to do if you have the pails to store the boiler fluid. Has been a bit of pain to do each individually but now after 3 - 6 years we will have all new pumps. Hopefully they will last for a long time.

I lubricate the steps with a dry lube. But it still locked. There was a simple cotter key and pin that released the steps. Once released they swung away so the motor and gearbox were easy to get to. 3 bolts and the motor came off exposing the gearbox. There was definitely grease on the gear mechanism so I added some I use on the tractor. So far they have been working great. Did notice the motor is much quieter when it runs.

Planning on going camping this coming weekend so have to get the AquaHot back together and test it.

Much cooler today. Have had the heat on in the house for the last week or so. Doubt we will be turning it off until next spring. Covered the watermelon last night and will again tonight. Then the overnight temperatures are predicted to be in the 50F range (about the high for today!!).

Started cleaning off the old plants in the garden. Peas and beans have been pulled. Rest is still doing well but have managed to eat most of the potatoes. One more digging will finish them. Going to have lots of squash.

Curtis - Lots of help available in Yuma if you can make it.

Hope everyone has a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2020, 09:12 PM   #19369

Cat tales

DD sent DH to Petsco for some Feline Greenies Feline Pill Pockets. Theyn are soft Salmon flavored with an opening in one end. Inserted pill that was big. Then pinched the back closed. First time MR. Chase ate it out of DH hand. Second time couldn't be fooled. Put it in the dry food bowl and he ate it. Ron just go out in your Motor home with the AC. One year our AC died at 5PM before labor day. It was hot and my Asthma started to act up. Our unit lasted for seventeen seasons and then we replaced it. Sure got a work out in July with the hottest July on record. Got some rain. Only 71today with wind gusts of 51MPH. Trees uprooted south of us. So much for a clean lawn with every one's dried leaves blowing around. Take care Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 10:10 PM   #19370

Gulf Streamers Club
Know about using the motorhome A/C when house unit goes out. Except I took motorhome to shop last Wednesday to have brakes worked on and to have a PM. Good timing huh?

rsp
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 03:34 AM   #19371

61*/75* low/high today

Rail+Jira

Some of the totem group didn't go home after the parade and the marching whistlers sent a small band but I had to pay the sweeper for another day...
He gave me a discount cuz the elephants didn't show up though...

RonS
Yes, perfect timing ,
from here , it looks like an easy fix !

Hope they get that brake thing sussed out.

RonJH
That pic looks much better.

Lloyd ,
It looks like home camp is working out pretty
good !
I assume there are no annoying neighbors or curfew rules
Family M&G !

Gordon
Thx for making me feel good !
I'm still not needing my heater ,,,, yet.

Ann
Hopefully kitty doesn't figure out your pill tricks before the script is gone.

Moose
I try to avoid chocolate shops , I always leave with an empty wallet.
Old 09-08-2020, 04:47 AM   #19372

First cup of coffee is cooling. 57 °F with rain this morning, Heading to 63 °F with continued rain. WF says up to 2". Grass is growing. Did not get much house work done yesterday. That's OK. I can work on it today.

Rail, Jira flowers.

Popeye, good sweepers are hard to find.

RonS, hope AC get fixed quickly.

Ann, fussy cats.

Gordon, holding out on turning heat on. Few more 40 °F nights and it will need to come on.

Llyod, back at you. What time is breakfast.

Paul, peaceful waters.

Moose, Tobermory is one of my favorite places to visit. Like to visit there around Canada Thanksgiving. Did you bring your diving equipment.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 09-08-2020, 05:21 AM   #19373

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Have had my first and only cup of coffee and drank it while sitting and reading a book. I read a lot when I have the time.

Rail, I think you should take the flowers and get a calendar made for Jira out of them. I did something like that for the family one year of family pictures. Everyone loved it! Then she can keep the pictures and enjoy them every day of the year. They sure are beautiful.

Ron, being without A/C in those temps must be difficult but I figure with Pebbles taking you for your walk several times a day you get used to the heat. Looking forward to seeing you two come December. More than likely there will be brownies and banana nut bread coming your way.

Lloyd, looks like a great spot for camping. Had to be nice to have everyone over and there really is nothing better than a campfire and sitting around it with family and friends. Looking forward to seeing you & Deb in Yuma. Sure hope you make it.

One of the things that concerns me is the border opening. Will not be the same if certain people don't make it. My day yesterday was cooking for Eddie and then finishing a CPL class for a couple with long working hours so we split the class so we could get them done. Boy they did great!

Raining today.

Curtis, what Gordon says about there being plenty of help in Yuma is very true. I think the guys get bored and when there is a job to do they get it done. When it was time to replace the shocks and struts on our Tracker it was done by all. It was great! You get a lot of experienced hands working together and they do a great job at whatever they decide to do.

Planned to work outside today pulling weeds but guess that is off the docket for now. Time to do a fall cleaning and go through the cupboards.

You all have a great day. Be safe. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:43 AM   #19374

Good morning all!

66* here, headed for 85*. Carolina Blue Sky with 1 very high white thin cloud. A long with our drop in temps, the humidity dropped. Very nice weekend here.

Gordon,,,, bummer on cold already arriving. Heard Denver was expecting snow last night! Yikes! Yup better get that heat system up and running, will need it this weekend.

Ron, bummer on the a/c. Was that unit new with the house remodel? The hard part will be finding the leak. Hope they come today!!!!

Popeye, minimuim lot size here is 5 acres. As it happened, our neighbors have 50, 12, 23, and 20 acre sites....... so nobody is near us. Plus as a safe bet, we invited them. We didn't do food or anything, and kept the circle wide. We ate together with just the family members.

Have friends coming to Site #1 Wednesday. They just purchased a brand new Class B. Never had a RV before in their life. Wednesday night will be the first night they sleep in it. Coming here for camping training Dealer did the usual very fast walkthru. Their coach is based on a Ford Transit chasis, has the ford ecoboast V6 with over 400lbs of torque. Says it just runs along. Purchased it in Florida and drove it back to N.C..

Lynne, we plan to be there this winter. But not sure when. Voting has to be done, and we are concerened with travel thru the big cities with the rioting,,,,,,, post election maybe really ugly?? Looking at early voting and earlier departure.

Have a great day all!!!

L.
Old 09-08-2020, 06:52 AM   #19375

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good morning. I'm in Colorado Springs. Temperature yesterday topped out at about 85°. Currently it is 33° and looking at that being the high temperature for the day! Forecast is for snow too!

Maybe cold weather, rain and snow will put out our fires.

I don't mind the cold and snow but would prefer to ease into it a bit. A 50° swing in less than 24 hours is excessive in my opinion. I'm gonna go talk to the weather man and ask him to ease up a bit!
Old 09-08-2020, 08:29 AM   #19376

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post

Curtis, what kind of mechanical mods you doing to MH?
Wow! This turned out to be a long answer.

Well Ron that's a loaded question. I've been a Hot Rodder? Modder? More Power/ If it's got wheels , Let Go Racing kind of Guy all my life. My Brothers are the same. Our Dad was a USAF Bomber Mechanic and refused to teach any of us how to pull wrenches. But, it was in our blood.

My Motto has always end, "Bend It, Fix It, Make it better. Nothing Mechanical is Sacred in My World." And that's pretty much how I've lived.
Tim Taylor would be proud.

SO after reading and seeing how long my answer to your question is, I'm going to send you this Novel and not tie up the Forum with my Build story. Unless I get more request. I'll stop here, cut it out and PM you.