RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-14-2020, 07:59 PM   #19447

Watched the world news tonight.

I hope the news reporter is wrong. Said the Canadian/USA border won't open for another six months. Flu season coupled with covid 19 is a bad combination. I will stop at Walmart Pharmacy for my flu shot after my Podiatry apt.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2020, 03:08 AM   #19448

Weather people say it's Th th th th 38*.
My thermometer says it's 50*
Lots of orb and 66 predicted.
light winds.

Rail+Jira
Big fight this morning at smiley central.
All groups are demanding the pole !
....and none of them want to be the bottom group.

Took some doing to get them all in line , had to draw straws,,,well flower stems......Wavey ! The winner !
Seems fitting as he is always last.

I volunteered for the bottom but only if everybody only pick one for showtime.

Bobby
Hoping it all went/goes as planned with no issues.

Everybody stay warm ,,,or cool , and without wildfire smoke.
depending on where you are...
Gordon and Moose ,,,keep your sticks on the ice.
The ref will decide when you get off the bench !
Old 09-15-2020, 03:43 AM   #19449

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye, it's a race this morning, 37* right now heading for 68 they say
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 04:13 AM   #19450

Poured first cup of coffee. 42 with clears skies. Heading to 72 with lots of sun. Never got to my painting job yesterday. Did get everything out I need to get it done. Need to trip to Rural King today also.

Jira, Sally, Melissa flowers.

Moose, going to be a cold winter if they do not open up the border.

Popeye, good thing you got everyone organized. Not much warmth to share today. May have to start getting boxes of warmth out of barn loft.

Gordon, no rain.

Llyod, cooler were more for carrying convenience. We always took one them with us on out winter trip.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:51 AM   #19451

Good morning all!

66* headed for 80*. Overcast, and dead calm. Hurricane Sally is expected to come straight thru here. We are in the center of the path, weather channel forecasting a ton of rain for our area. 3-5 inches or more. Storm is moving very slow, lots of time for rain. Forecast is 3 days of rain in our future.

Had a great conversation with Gordon yesterday, way over a hour. Great to hear his voice. Fingers crossed all our far north friends get to come south soon.

Moose, have you looked at TSD, or EFS fuel discount program. Many of us use that and save more with it.

Bobby, news on your girl Sally? (not the hurricane

Rons, get the a/c sorted out?

Have a great day all!
Lloyd in S.C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:25 AM   #19452

Alpine Owners Club
Good morning everyone!! We woke up to an amazing morning and 82*

For those of you that are starting to think about, and will hopefully be able to head for warmer weather, the desert is starting to come into it's own and we're really making the turn away from this summer's record heat!!

Took this shot this morning and while I realize it's not a flower for Jira, it is truly a beautiful shot from nature's beauty and hope it will cheer you up!!

I wish everyone an amazing day and hope you all have a good one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Morning.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	301133  
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:36 AM   #19453

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. 73 outside now, 78 inside. Around 90 for a high. A/C is still out, service tech coming this morning to look for leak. Might be visible, might be hidden. Might be fixed and running today, might take a week. We will cool off enough here at the end of the week so it will not matter.

Got hood on Tracker painted and re-installed. Pictures coming. Looks OK, had a dent in hood that is better but not perfect. Poor prep on my part. Good enough was not good enough.

Coach is still in shop so cannot walk out to driveway and enjoy the A/C there. A timing problem.

Lloyd, hope the rain you get from the hurricane is manageable and does not cause harm.

Praying for healing for my friends and family that are in need. And still hoping borders open up so we can gather this winter season in Yuma.

rsp
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 08:02 AM   #19454

Gulf Streamers Club
Time flies when you're having fun. Just spoke with service guy about coach and he says fixed and ready to pick up. And A/C tech is here, says he will cut the 8 refrigerant lines and install fittings and charge with nitrogen to see which of the 4 air handlers is the problem. Might know quickly and might take days. But looks like now I will have the option of running air in coach when I get hot.

rsp
Old 09-15-2020, 08:08 AM   #19455

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Another dreary day here. Supposed to rain according to the radio forecast but the weather channel says not. Both agree there is a possibility of frost tonight.

Have some trees to cut and this is a good temperature to work at. Will see if the rain happens but the plan is to "git er done".

Harvested a couple of the watermelons last night. One was 8 lbs and the other about 9.5 lbs. Tried one and it was pretty good although it was not quite ripe.

Great conversation with Lloyd yesterday. Came up with a brilliant plan that will work if the border opens. Keeping fingers crossed. Lots of scare reports on the news so the health people are certainly not suggesting any relaxing of rules. Lots of CYA going on but if you listen to them they are able to contradict themselves within the same news release. Wonder if they ever listen to what they are saying or reading the release before they release it.

Was listening to a report on a provincial election recently held. Just before the final day the news reported there was "heavy early voting trickling in"! Still thinking about that one. Somewhere a journalism instructor should be cringing.

Plugged in the heaters in the neighbors greenhouse. He has a bunch of tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers that will be maturing in the next while. Once we get through this cool snap the weather should be good (near seasonal averages) for about 10 days.

Hope everyone has a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:29 AM   #19456

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening everyone!
Ron, great news, will be interesting to find out what they found wrong with the coach! Stay cool my friend!
All our Canadian friends, hope they open the border for you all sooner than later! This has gone on long enough!
Just got back from the dentist, got a temporary crown on one of my back molars, (it had a cracked back corner) go back in a week for the permanent one, and he showed me all the stuff he has planned, all top shelf!
Jira is back feeling ok, took her a little longer this time after the 3rd round, one more to go, and she will be done! The Dr. is keeping a very close eye on her, and checking her blood counts closely!
It is nice to have the Dr. and dentist, as good friends of Jira, they cut us a discount, and we get the first que's, so the waits are short! Jira even comes in to the room with me at the dentist, to help the dentist explain to me easier!
Well, time for a shower and bed, been a long day!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 09-15-2020, 08:37 AM   #19457

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oh and forgot, the flower tree we planted out front of the store, not much more than a stick, a year or so ago, has just bloomed, and it is growing so fast, like everything here! It did help that I had the A/C drains all piped to the base of the tree, so it is getting plenty of water! Pic is taken from our bedroom balcony, on the second floor! Rail!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200915_093322254_HDR.jpeg
Views:	5
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	301142
Old 09-15-2020, 02:56 PM   #19458

Lloyd+Terry

By the time that hurricane ends for you , it will be starting for Terry and me! But thanks for the warning...
So , you called Gordon and now 3 days of rain headed in........

I have used coolers to keep non- freezables for years.
It works great,,,,,,,up to a point.I open them up while running heat and close back up when shutting down the heater .
It adds a buffer , not a solution unless it's only "temporary mild cold" , like in Nashville ,,,or your house too I guess.

I got one of those residential compressor type chest fridge/freezers last year after M&G.
It runs on 12 volts dc or 125 vac.
I need more hours in sun to have enough output to keep it happy though or , of course more panels up onna roof !

I have several other ice chest type coolers that get repurposed for books , my guitar amp processing , adhesives , paint , tape ,,, including an old metal Coleman for the Saturn's trunk . (natural no power needed fridge/freezer depending on outdoor temperature ) .Hopefully some will be in cabinets sometime soon??? planning as I go.

RonS
Hope test drive home is PERFECT !!!!!
If AC leak is only in one section , maybe could plug it off and get it operational ?

The hood looked excellent from 2600 miles out

Rail
I hope #4 goes easier on Jira.
extras can't hurt.
I figured she'd know medical professionals from the pharmacy ,that sure works out well for you both

Flower tree ??? Maybe one of those would grow here
And I could get nice flower pics like everybody else .....
Old 09-15-2020, 07:47 PM   #19459

Gulf Streamers Club
Good evening everyone. Beautiful day here in Texas today. 82 here now but 85 in house. Drive home in coach was OK. Brakes were a little shaky starting out but worked them pretty good on the 20 mile home and they settled down. I will test more when I no longer need to use coach as air conditioned hide out. Hooked up air first thing and took a cool nap after lunch. Probably will not sleep out there tonight, sleeping at night has not been a problem yet. Popeye, A/C tech guy said he might be able to isolate problem to one air handler and then be able to run others while he is looking for leak. Will see. He is coming back Friday to put gauges on it and see what happened. Pictures tomorrow.

Lloyd and CWK, hope the rains coming cause no harm.

rsp

rsp
Old 09-15-2020, 10:51 PM   #19460

Good Morning!!

People in the medical profession are entitled to a professional discount. DH went to the Dentist on Monday so they could finish his cleaning. Decided he needed a 3D Panoramic xray to the tune of $250.00. Open mouth insert $. Chase is back to normal. You would never know he had an eye problem. A little cool and windy today. A tase of fall weather. Going camping this weekend. Time for long johns 62&60 *. Bringing plenty of firewood. Had hoped to wash truck and trailer before we go. Too cold for that.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote