Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2020, 08:49 AM   #19545

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Ron, voltage drop might be the reason your gauges read differently, I'm sure it's different but we used to have a smoke machine that injected into the system and had ultraviolet dye to find leaks in the system, this was of course automotive systems.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2020, 09:48 AM   #19546

Chase's vet visit.

Turns out he was sufffering from some flea bites. We now have to put on his advantage at 28days instead of 30. He was given IV fluids and a cortisone shot for inflammation. He had a temperature. That explains the lethargy. He is on liquid antibiotics. This is a challenge as he doesn't want to eat his wet food. He is very loving and alert. Going outside makes him happy. Purs when you pet him. The vet. "you have a very expensive cat". His eye is no longer a problem. He had blood work and the vet will call us. Love our fur babies!!
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:56 PM   #19547

Alpine Owners Club
Hey everyone!!

The weather is just perfect right now in AZ, seems to be bouncing around 100* during the day but it gets down into the 70's at night.....just perfect for us desert dwellers.

We haven't needed the AC for about a week now with the Evaporative cooler keeping the house at about 78* at 1/10th the cost of running the AC unit.

Water in the lake is still hover ing around 80* so as I always say.....October is our best month and I'm really looking forward to her getting here next week!!

Hope you all have an amazing day!
Cheers!
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:04 PM   #19548

Gulf Streamers Club
Tracker speedometer cluster is ready to test and install. Black is old and white is new.

rsp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tracker speedo old.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	302171   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tracker speedo new.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	302172  

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:24 PM   #19549

Winnebago Owners Club
Getting ready for nice fresh ELK meat. Son nailed large cow with his bow. Last day of the season. RE people if you like liver I will l have some with us this year.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:16 PM   #19550

Gulf Streamers Club
Speedometer cable lubrication?

Working on Tracker speedometer cluster replacement. Cable does not rotate smoothly. Took cable out of housing and it looked pretty good. Cleaned. Now need to lube. Back 50 years ago I always used grease to lube. Because that is what I had. What is recommended to lube a speedometer cable these days?

thanks

rsp
Old 09-24-2020, 09:09 PM   #19551

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Graphite grease was the recommended replacement of the inner cable in my Jeep Grand Cherokee, albeit a 1994 version.

BTW nice job on the replacement backing. So much easier reading black on white.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:16 PM   #19552

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Graphite grease was the recommended replacement of the inner cable in my Jeep Grand Cherokee, albeit a 1994 version.

BTW nice job on the replacement backing. So much easier reading black on white.

Thanks for the recommendation. I have been looking online and it looks like it may be hard to find locally. I will venture out tomorrow looking for something. I have Lithium grease aerosol. Just do not want to make it worse. Got idea for white faces on a Tracker forum on Facebook. Hope it helps because I have a hard time seeing gauges in daylight.

rsp
Old 09-24-2020, 09:45 PM   #19553

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Ron, the gauges for the Tracker look great! Nice upgrade! You should be able to find graphite at a Ace Hardware, or a True Value or the like!
For the voltage drop on the Monaco volt gauge, check the ground first!
Hope they get your house A/C figured out!

We had not seen our Soi Cat, Tong for 3 days, then he showed up, carrying his back leg, and in quite a bit of pain! So fed him a quick bowl of food, then in the carrier and off to the Vet! Not broken, but dislocated, so got him fixed up, and he went home with Pui, to mend for a few days, before we cut him back loose!

Everything here is going good, the virus has not been seen here in over 120 days,(in country transmission), the only cases are people coming back home from other countries! So the closed international flights has worked very well! But the tourist industry is hurting bad, and they are considering different plans for opening back up, but none sound very good for incoming tourists! We will see?

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 09-24-2020, 11:45 PM   #19554

Cat lover

Thanks for taking the cat to the vet. Not nice to be in pain. Mr. Chase is coming along nicely. Of course the vet called with his blood work results when we were out detailing the truck. Having some nice weather bonus days. Will talk with the vet soon. Booked miss Adelle in to have some teeth removed on Tuesday. Our two cats always in need of vet care.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:22 AM   #19555

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
Curtis, sold go-kart's. When last time you drove them.
Oh usually about once a year when the grandson comes up to visit. He has a cat allergy so he doesn't comes here often. We usually go see him or I pick him up and we go do things together.

I just got tired of having them take up shop space and sold them. I had made a lot of improvements to them so I made a nice profit.

I got 2 of my motorcycles out yesterday and got State Inspections and Registrations renewed on them. Was nice to get out and ride again.

Only the pollen count is through the roof, so I'm all itchy eyes now. Going to break out my Desert Racing Helmet today to go riding again. It has a neck skirt and a filtered air fan blower on it. Looks like something the CDC would use in an infectious diseases lab. Very nice for keeping out the pollens, dust and ragweed.

I get a lot of funny looks if I add the breather hose and run it down my back so i can tie the blower to my belt.

Good to hear Glenda is doing good Harvey.

Melissa is still doing therapy on her shoulder and says it's getting worse, as expected. Her best friend tore her meniscus and it has given Melissa a needed distraction.

She carried my fancy crutches over to her yesterday and did all her shopping for her. Said she even cooked while she was there. I'd loan her my Electric Mobility Scooter but her house has too many steps in it to do her any good.

Well enough! Gotta a big day ahead and it's almost 4:30 am.
Curtis in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 04:10 AM   #19556

Coffee is done brewing. 48° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 79° with lost of sun. Grocery shopping today. Then go to one of the local Cider Mills before the crowds figure out they are open.

Jira, Sally, Melissa, Glenda and others morning flower picture.

Curtis, enjoy your bike ride. I raced go karts in the 60's. Lots of fun.

Ann, good Mr. Chase is doing good.

RonS, gauges look good. I like the white.

Rail, glad your cat is back. Did he use one of his 9 lives?

Popeye, I thought store warmth under walkways. But then I would not get any seat time on tractor in winter.

Llyod, hope you have good weather for bike rally.

Everyone be safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:30 AM   #19557

53+67 are my now/later temps
Lots of orb and winds shifting from NE toSE in the below 10 range...Guess I'll get a bit more done in that !

For all on the flower list today ( FAOTFLT )
Uh oh , look who's first today !
Yup yup , it's a parade !

Old 09-25-2020, 06:13 AM   #19558

We got a new bed for the cats. It’s a split level. Rachel was using the upper in this photo but Heidi doesn’t look like she minded.

Yesterday I sold my old portable welder, it had issues. I put it on CraigsList and got one call, he bought it. I delivered it. I was gone about three hours. When I got home I drove straight to the back by the welding shop and called Dozer and Heidi as I got out of the truck. Heidi lead the way from the coach across the barndominium slab and straight up to me and stood there looking up wanting a pat on the head. She does think she’s a dog.

Glenda is not allowed to swallow anything this morning. Her appointment is at 12:30. I think I’m going to recommend the plastic surgeon wear leather gloves. It looks like a spot about the size of a nickel needs the patch. I will take her to the doc and wait outside. It will be a good time to catch up on TikTok. If you’re a gear head I recommend Tik Tok. It figures out what you like to see and it’s rapid fire videos. Some of the vehicles are absolutely amazing. And the tool tricks are cool enough to convince you that us old guys weren’t so smart after all.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5022.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	302230