Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2020, 09:10 AM   #20175

Good morning all!

54* here and sunny, headed for mid 70's. No wind at the moment.

Charlie, yikes scary stuff. 40 lbs! Wow, awesome stuff!!!! Easy does it on the move.

RonS, glad you are headed this way. Safe travels!

Popeye, thanks for the ringing explanation. BTW I always wear muffs when at the range, and plugs when on one of the motorcycles. This morning I made a appointment at a Ear, nose and throat doctors here in Yuma, Tuesday the 8th. Ringing is back to very loud last 2-3 days, has never gone away, but the volume has been down for a couple weeks for whatever reason.

Really nice Jeep ride yesterday. I had rated the trail a 2 based on last March knowledge,,,,, it is now a 3, lots of desert errosion. Unexpected fun!

Electra, hope you are doing well??

Nothing much planned for today. A few odds and ends, working on charging Gordons golf cart batteries.

Frank has organized a guys breakfast out tomorrow morning. Should be fun.

Wednesday I've pulled together a A ride, using my favorite route. Will try and get a few pictures, however I start having fun and forget about the pictures.

Have a great day all!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2020, 09:26 AM   #20176

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-3 View Post
Charlie,good thing you went to the ER. Sounds like you had a very talented/diagnostic MD. Harvey good score on the metal. Hope the weather cooperates and you get to install the roof.
Sam, I was lucky. When I got to the ER while it was completely empty, no other patients. They were in my ER room instantly, and tests began almost as fast. Before I was sent up to a room I had already had an ultrasound, CT Scan and MRI along with a large does of anti coagulants, I had seen an Ophthalmologist, a neurosurgeon, and a cardiologist. This VA is really outstanding, good people and a caring culture throughout the entire facility.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 09:51 AM   #20177

Chuckle Video of the Day

Anybody remember Moose Turd Pie ?
Utah Phillips does , but that's not on this one....

I'll make it a two-fer iffin yer a fan !
Old 11-30-2020, 01:23 PM   #20178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie and Martha View Post
Sam, I was lucky. When I got to the ER while it was completely empty, no other patients. They were in my ER room instantly, and tests began almost as fast. Before I was sent up to a room I had already had an ultrasound, CT Scan and MRI along with a large does of anti coagulants, I had seen an Ophthalmologist, a neurosurgeon, and a cardiologist. This VA is really outstanding, good people and a caring culture throughout the entire facility.

Dad swears the Tucson va is the best anywhere
Old 12-01-2020, 01:29 AM   #20179

Glad to hear the Tuscon VA is the best for care.

One time I was in the ER on Christmas eve. Just me and another Cardiac pt.Had a private RN. They had to send cat scan to Australia to be read. I got admitted for a bowl obstruction and the RN went with and did the admitting paper work on the Nursing floor that I was admitted to. Another time I went to my local ER because I had pressure in the abd.and Ihad a hole with drainage I had not had any surgery. The ER DR. stated he didn't know what to do for me. I told him he needed to do a CAT scan of my abd. He only did a flat plate xray and said I didn't have a bowl obstruction and sent me home. Four hrs. later I went to another ER with a fever. The abd. catt scan showed excess fluid. I was admitted and the next day I was sent to xray for a paracentesis. No numming just inserted a big needle and pulled out the excess fluid. The first hospital sent me a bill for 75.00 copay. I wrote a letter to the head of ER stating I wouldn't pay the copay because I received incompetent care. The head of ER called me and wanted to know if the DR. was tired or drunk. How about an incompetent category. He sent a letter stating I didn't have to pay the copay. Found out from my surgeon that this incompetent DR. was soon going to work at the VA. Those poor veterans!!
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 03:10 AM   #20180

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Travel day. Woke up at 3am. 3 hours till sunup. 30°. No wind. Today going to Fort Stockton. Good headwind this afternoon. Will need to fuel in Fort Stockton. And I need to fill propane. Good visit with sister and brother. Took sister to dentist yesterday for a crown. Picture of Monaco in front of sister's place.

Stay safe out there everyone.

rsp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Monaco GV to Yuma.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	309864  
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 03:58 AM   #20181

Poured first cup of hot coffee. 24° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 35° with cloudy skies and chance of snow in morning hours. Got about 2" of snow. 1" on walkways. Hard to tell wind has been blowing all night. Clean walkways put some ice melt on them. Then wait for furnace guy to come and put new valve in. No other plans.
I new it would not take long. My son wants a different model drone. I will be buying his old one. That only has 5 hours of flying time.
weather did not stop bird from coming to feeders.

RonS, safe travels.

Ann, some great ER Dr's. But some not so good. Had one after hernia surgery. Good thing I got a good one at second visit to ER.

Llyod, hope breakfast with the guys goes good.

Gordon, I have been getting packages before the text message that they will arrive. Must be a snag in messaging line.

Popeye, not that I am sending my weather your way. But better tighten down the hatches.

Charlie, hope yesterdays test came out good.

Curtis, nothing wrong with staying in bed on a cold morning.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:23 AM   #20182

Good morning all!

Short post today, guy's breakfast got to get ready.

50* headed for 79*. No clouds.

Very nice day yesterday, got to 77* here, small breeze. Deb and I got our bicycles out and went for a ride around the park. Lots of empty sites, driven by covid. Without the Canadians hard to fill this place. Park says they are at 40%, last year they were 100% in December.

RonJ, that picture looks cold. Brrrrrrr! A new drone is nice. Would love a newer one myself, however just didn't use the old one enough to justify.

RonS, safe travels. Looking forward to your arrival. Your site is ready. They came by a few days back and cut the dead limbs hanging over your rig. You are good to go.

Ears are ringing big time this morning. Hope doctor on the 8th has a simple fix. Very annoying.

No post tomorrow morning,,,, Class A Jeep run starts early, will be a bit of a rush to make lunches and get out the door.

Have a great couple days all!!
Old 12-01-2020, 09:03 AM   #20183

No show today ,,,cancelled for ADVENTURE !

It was a dark and stormy night.. around 7:30.......

55* Lots of rain and winds 25 ,gusting to 50 kts up my stern .
Which is at the tree line.
(the gusts sounded like the Blue Angels about a 1/2 mile away
the 25kts ?? like rain on the roof skuh kuh kuh kuh)

I heard a couple of thumps on the roof amidst the swells.
(Well , it felt like I was tied to a dock but lots of quick slaps from the broadsides the wind was throwing at me..)

The thumps were my cue to suit up.
I wouldn'ta had ta but I had a sheet of insulation stored under the rig so had to go out and move it somewhere lashed down which was fun! )

I just barely had to crank it over thx to Rail having me start it to keep the TC full of fluid

Moved the rig pointing into the gale about 80' downwind of last known position.aka Da mooring. (still pointed uphill)

My roof leak moved to a different location from the angle on new spot but didn't get worse , like it probably would have if I had stayed...new hint ,the leak INto the roof is f'ward o midships. (The OUTof drip moved f'ward about 9' and the old spot stopped .)
"I'll get you my pretty ,,,and your little drip too !"
I'm running out of time before being stuck in an ice cube for???
181 days !!!!!!!!to go

Back on my mooring now (+8' from those trees).. wind still gusting 25kts or so. YO-OH !

Life on wheels.
This works on bad neighbors too.

Old 12-01-2020, 09:37 AM   #20184

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Was windy here yesterday as well. The Rudolf ornament kept tipping over and did several face plants. Propped him up with a broom but that proved to be ineffective. Should have used a bigger broom! Finally laying a stout piece of 2 x 6 on the base settled him down and he survived the rest of the night on his feet. Looks like he still has some wons on his nose but that will melt off in the coming days.

We are entering a warm spell for the next few days according to one radio station. They are predicting highs of 7C (45F). Most of the wons will be gone off of the roofs and the depth in the fields will settle.

Blue sky and sunny today. Still a bit windy but supposed to settle down this afternoon. Going to be a great day.

Had a good conversation with Lloyd and Stan last night on messenger. Going to have to try a voice meeting with them. Never done it so it is time to learn. Talk to Lloyd by phone quite often but my North American long distance plan does not reach to Thailand. Looking forward to the conversation.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2020, 10:40 AM   #20185

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Ron

Your Monaco looks great in the morning sun. You did a really nice job of custom painting it.

Gordon,
We use Facetime under messenger to chat with our brother and sister in law in the Philippines. That works really well especially as you get to see whom you are talking with.

It is one degree above zero her and bright sunny skies so we are happy.

Dennis
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 03:18 PM   #20186

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ron , you really woke your rig up , it looks beautiful ! Sorry that we won't be coming this year as the cardioligist is not giving the clearance for Sally. Hope everyone is well or getting there! Went up to my sister's for Thanksgiving , tried to pull the Kia toad ,but after I hooked it up on that weird sliding hitch the previous owner has on my rig I took it down the block and almost wiped out my neighbors parked car! The damn thing swung all the way out, scared the crap out of me when I looked in the mirror ! Going to weld a block on the left side of that thing so it can't swing to the left side and make a block I can bolt on to keep it centered , as I need to be able to swing it to the right when I park in my driveway so it doesn't carve another groove in the apron of the driveway . Have fun and be safe!

'06 Itasca Sunova 8.1/4l85e, retired 90 Dakota Convertible Toad, 2015 Kia Soul (SunovaToad)
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 03:27 PM   #20187

Gulf Streamers Club
Afternoon everyone. First transition day complete, no issues. Started and ran OK, temp was around 28°. Had a full tank of propane by 8:05am and was on the road. Fueled at Fort Stockton before pulling into Hilltop RV for the night. Got here about 3:30pm. Next stop tomorrow is Las Cruces NM KOA. About 290 miles. Easy day, all interstate. Another headwind day. Need to get outside and check engine bay while sun is shining and it is 60° outside. Lloyd, have a good ride tomorrow. Hope the breakfast was great.

rsp
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 09:00 PM   #20188

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Ron, Safe travels, and have a nice cruze on into Winterhaven!

Had a couple nice chats with Gordon the last few days! No world problems solved, but some good discussions!

Weather here is very nice this time of year, lows high 50's, highs in the mid to upper 80's!
We have had no new cases of the virus for months here in Thailand, and the other day a very stupid woman and a friend came back into the country, (from Myanmar) and to avoid the 14 day quarantine, they snuck by the check point! She continued to Chaing Mai, and her friend went to Chaing Rai, two of the largest city's in northern Thailand! She was caught at a mall in CM, and her friend was also caught! They both tested positive for the virus! So now both are in quarantine, and will be facing jail time when they recover! Thailand does not play around with this kind of stuff, and both will likely be spending time in prison!
Things here were starting to open back up, now this! Stupid people are everywhere!

Charlie, i agree with getting help with the move! There used to be guys hang out by all the lumber yards, big box stores, looking for work,(day jobs), and you could get them for a reasonable price! Just remember to feed them, and tip them if they do a good job! Save your back!

Everyone in the cold country, stay warm!

Have a great day/evening everyone! Rail!