RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-12-2021, 07:32 AM   #20567

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
Poured first cup of coffee. 25° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 32° with patches of freezing rain. Got of the 4 projects done on yesterdays list. Still need to grease tree trimmer and sharpen chainsaw chains. Not sure I will get to them today. HVAC contractor texted to let me know he is coming out to install new furnace today. Yah!!! No other plans.

Lynne, It's a new chance to take another picture every time I look out my kitchen window.
Another try at M&G would be great. Not sure our state will be by summer. Reading some of the comments that I have seen on the one Popeye hosted. He did a great job of showing off the area where he lives. If another MI. one is selected why not show off the area where you live. Like Frankenmuth or other attraction in lower MI. My son, his family and I will attend.
On a positive note for MI. I got an appointment for my Covid-19 vaccine next week.

Popeye, looks like the GREENIES showed up.

Harvey, some great memories from the times we met at the TX get togethers. I am one of the originals. Came from the Kubota forum that Muhammad started when he was 14 years old. I think you and I are the only members that have met him. The loss of the friends I have on there has been tough.

Llyod, I think just about anyone that has a tractor and did any research on the internet had been on TractorByNet. I did a quick search for Llyod on TBN. Must be over a 100 that used some form of that name.

Paul, paper work is going good. Pictures?

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.

The story as I recall told by his father Muhammad and Ibrahim had the Kubota tractor discussion forum and it was expanding quickly. He told them to prepare for either Kubota buying them out or sending them a cease and desist letter for using the Kubota name. So the boys made up Tractorbynet.com and had it ready. When they got the cease and desist letter they switched and the rest is history as they say. What made it all work was tho all he had was a Kubota riding mower for doing the lawn on his dad’s place Muhammad had a talent for absorbing information matched with recall. He could see a part and chase it down through different part numbers for different applications. That is priceless for someone working through an issue with their tractor. Muhammad was the front man and Ibrahim was the genius with the computer tech. He was the tall one standing in the back ground silent and smiling. Muhammad was the personality. But the glue that made it all work is the parents. Dad was a college professor mom the entrepreneur of the family.

Our cold weather is warming up. This morning’s first cup of coffee brought a smile because I could smell and taste it, another morning without Covid it appears.

Today will be about rearranging materials so switching power poles can happen this week, hopefully.

Be kind
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2021, 08:39 AM   #20568

Good morning all!

46* headed for 70* today. Jumps to 82* Thursday!! All sun this week.

Harvey, all the welds are Tig. Except for a few places where the cage attached or passed thru the uni-body where a mig was used.

Speaking of the Liberty, got a call early yesterday morning he was ready for me to program the Holley EFI. Went over and completed a few odds and ends, entered all the base program and we were ready for initial startup. Hit the button and it cranked maybe 2 revolutions and fired, sat and idled!! Sounded pretty good! Let it run about 5 mins, shut it off before it switched to self learn (occurs at 160*). Spent the next 2 plus hours doing other stuff that needed to be completed before we could drive, dash back together, passeneger seat etc etc..

Got all ready for the drive (series of steps defined in the book during the drive, to present different engine loads during the program learning process) Got in, hit the button and it ran for 4 secs and stalled. Repeated a number of times the same. Spent about 2 1/2 hours trouble shooting couldn't find anything wrong. I called Holley support, spent about 30-40 mins on the phone going thru their troubleshooting and found the throtte body had failed! Ugh! If Larry didn't have bad luck he wouldn't have any! So now we wait to get a replacement.

RonJ, hope the furnace install goes well. Imagine that by now you would ike to return to normal heating operations.

Paul, glad you will be back at sea soon! Come down sometime and enjoy one of our runs. Fun group of people.

Have a great day all!
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:04 AM   #20569

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Up early - still dark! Appointments today.

Dentist retired so todays appointment is with the "new guy"! Reminds me of Doogie Houser if the picture on the website is accurate. Will see how it goes. May be time to get a new dentist that is closer. Hour drive each way. I started with this practice 25 years ago when I lived on the other side of the city. There is a good practice about 10 minutes up the road.

Supposed to get above freezing again today. Nice.

Time to get busy.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow. Keep your stick on the ice and your eyes on the goal.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:57 AM   #20570

Good Morning everybody.

Still here trying not to get blown away. Windy and cold. Now warmed up to 34 degrees, but the sun is shining. Today will be a repeat of Yesterday weather wise.

Got a few things knocked out in the shop until it got cold again and I elected not to run the heater again, & decided to slip in the house and look under the recliners I bought for my RV and see if I can figure out how to make a wall hugger recliner a real wall hugger. Normally their name does not mean actual wall huggers. Just less distance required to the wall than normal.
These need 4.5 inches of spacing from the wall. Which of course in an RV with no slideouts is not going to work. So I have always figured I'd need to modify them somehow to make them only need 1/2 inch spacing from the actual wall/ window!

And Bijovies, I think I've found a really simple fix for it. Going to add some race car slides under the Recliners slides. (Actually mounted offset to the sides.) They will have locking tangs that I will fix to unlock when the recliner accuator moves to recline the chair, then lock them when it stops. Solinoid stuff, easy fix. The Race Car seat slides I bought only slide 7 inches, but I only need 4 1/2 inches of slide, so they will work just fine.

Best part is these slides are really beefy, like Race Car Beefy, and a lot less expensive than 500 lb rated drawer slides. Should handle the riggors of RV use no sweat!
Race Car slides $40 vs 500 lb capacity 18 inch slides $500. And a lot beefier. But I think I said that already.

Discussed the finer points of tractor clutches this morning with Harvery, before Glenda drug him away from the phone and cracked the "Get to Work" Whip!

We are doing well here. No Snow Sunday, just wet stuff that didn't stick.
My Buddy 20 miles West of us got 4 inches of that white stuff.

Busy working on an Airplane Tug and other Aviation maintenance equipment for my friends Widow. She's wanting to sell off his Airplane stuff so they don't remind her off how bad she's hurting.

And got a wild hair to build another Recumbant Bicycle like I did for my kids when they were little.( So doing some online shopping for parts. ) This one will be for me this time.
And it will have a 1500 watt electric drive rear wheel, in case my foot swells up. If I can find a picture of the one I designed and built bsck in 1980 I'll post it up later. Haven't seen any manufacturers copy that design I did. It was a fun ride and the kids loved the attention it got them when they rode it to school.

Well, Gotta go. My "Get To Work " whip just snapped!
Old 01-12-2021, 03:46 PM   #20571

You can always expect the unexpected on channel popeye.

One of the spots not visited at M&G Uptah Camp.-- Nubble

Heat wave this morning ,,,high teens
More appointments and dealing with insurance companies this week

Rewarded myself this noon by stopping at the fish market.....this place will cook what you buy so I bought a pile of clams and they fried 'en up ! yup yup. And then washed those nuggets down with an ice cold diet Dr. Pepper.....

----------------

: D: D: D

If you thought the lighthouse vid was the unexpected part you would be wrong...

I'm gonna ask you guys to create the explanation of what's happening in today's show.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:20 AM   #20572

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
"I'm gonna ask you guys to create the explanation of what's happening in today's show."

Sorry Popeye, crawling inside your head ain't going to happen!:fa cepalm: : eek::cool :!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rail!
Old 01-13-2021, 04:27 AM   #20573

Coffee is done brewing. 30° with mostly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 42° with cloudy skies. Shop projects are on back burner for a couple of days. New furnace is installed and purring along. Little better High Efficiency than old one. Need to clean area surrounding furnace. Had to remove shelves and other stuff to get at furnace. Some things on those shelves have been there for 20 years. No other plans for the day.
Frist time I have had deer at feeders during daylight since hunting started in November.

Popeye, I have enough problems thinking up explanations for my critter pictures. Good luck with appointments and Insurance.

Harvey, that's pretty much how I remember TBN history. Be carful moving materials.

Curtis, lots of projects on your list.

Gordon, I have been getting all my Dr's within 10 miles of my house. Much easier on me.

Llyod, everything was new on the EFI system? I ask furnace guy yesterday before he started if he ever had a new one not work on install. His answer "Not Yet".

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:37 AM   #20574

Good morning all!

49* headed for mid-70's. Heat wave expected tomorrow, low 80"s!!

Heading out this morning for Jeep ride, not leading just along for the ride. Think I know the route, this will be a tough one, lockers, lifts and tires needed.

Ronj, yes. Different brand EFI, entire new kit. However one bad part in the box!!! Bummer! The main part!

Curtis, too many projects!

Gal here in the park who Jeeps with us, Kathy, was complaining she has had her coach for 4-5 years and always had low volume of water flow from the hot,,,, at every location, sinks showers etc.. RonS and I decided yesterday afternoon to give it a shot and try and figure it out. We flushed the water heater, not much came out, used air and sprayed water in. Then decided must be a restriction in the system somewhere. Took the first bypass valve apart and it looked fine. Took the second apart and it was missing the faucet washer!!!! Further investigation found it lodged in the line right there at the water valve. Pulled that out of there, put it all back together and Ta Daa, Kathy had good hot water volume. For years the has been running her hot water with all the water passing thru the 3/16" hole in the washer! Sometimes the simple things screw everything up.

Well need to run!

Have a great day all!
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:28 AM   #20575

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Going to be a beautiful day here in Yuma. Yesterday had hot dogs here in park and helped Kathy with her water flow problem in coach. Also replaced a couple of clearance light covers on front of her coach. I had some usable old spares from replacing mine two weeks ago.

Today Frank and Lloyd are off on a Jeep run. Frank taking Rob and Chuck. Lloyd taking Bruce. I acted as surrogate wavenators for Gordon and Janet.

I wanted to go but today is windshield replacement for my Monaco. Was cracked badly on Thanksgiving day by some flying debris. On road the first day of my winter trip, going from my house to my sister's place outside Gatesville.

Got to go. Cleaning up for window install. Stay safe out there.

rsp
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:38 PM   #20576

Rail
You'd just have to recalculate !

I rarely know what I'm gonna write down .
Haven't a clue yet about that particular "show"
I just picked smilies I thought would be interesting and pasted 'em at random.
Not asking anyone to venture into my head......
I'm the only one that should have to suffer through that !
(I wonder if goggle or facecrook ever thought about that when they decided they need to know what everybody thinks !!! shhhhhhh , bwa ha h errrrr skuh kuh kuh kuh)

RonJH
I'll take a wild guess on today's photo....

The deer seem to be hungry enough to risk coming out of the woods again.

Pheeeeeeew , that was tough.

Good to hear your furnace problem has finally been fixed up !

RonS
You save that stuff too huh !
Of the two windshields I have had to replace on my rigs , one was in Maine and one was in Texas,,,but I sure can't figure out if that means anything ...

Lloyd
I'm sure Holley will be eternally grateful that you are volunteering to be their QC department. There'll be a little something extra in your check this week , I'm sure
I hope they at least sent out the replacement before they got the bad one back.
Nice find on the washer !

We always were much happier with any run into back country ....
if we needed to break out the High Lift Jacks !

Of course we were usually in mud or streams or just stupid skidder tracks !
Some of your pics make me think you're prepping for a run up K2 !

paul
Well,,,,,did it sink on the first cruise ?
Show me a pic of how much wake she puts out at full ooooie !

Curtis
You need to stop being such a bad influence on Harv

Having seen some of your projects...I just have to say.............
Keep at it Bud , the ride's been great !

Just try to keep those "Down Near The Ground Aerobatics" to a minimum OK ?
Old 01-13-2021, 06:51 PM   #20577
RVM #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi gang,
Still have AquaHot woes. I have the whole burner apart on the bench again. I think the motor I replaced last year is failing also....and the control module may be bad as well. The RPMs of the unit continued to fall, resulting in fuel varnish all over, and black soot coming out the exhaust pipe. I've ran the motor on the bench, it slows, but not to a crawl like it did in the unit. That's got me thinking the module isn't giving the motor constant 12v power. I still have a bit of trouble shooting to do, but I might just replace both components. Darn expensive parts though.
Lynne, thank you for inquiring about my little park. I'll be responding to your message with the location info. The name of it is "Corn Patch Corner". Looking forward to seeing all of you there sometime!
Popeye, recalling when Cash recorded "I've Been Everywhere".....he said it was quite a challenge to complete it in the studio, and seldom did the song live. Lotta words in that song!
Here's a Cash tune from '62. You'll never guess who it is, it's not Cash.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 04 I'm Free From The Chain Gang Now.mp3 (4.28 MB, 3 views)
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:58 PM   #20578

Bill

I've never heard that one before, but I have it in my "inner rotation" now thx.
The slap back is(was?) the key to many singers sound .

I did a Weird Al type parody of Walks Like An Egyptian by the Bangles and the tempo was so fast with all the lyrics to jam in there . ( and my version had even more words too ....
trade secret for anybody here that wants to try this: yuz guts ta match up all the syllables ta get it to come out right) I still had to varispeed the tape machine down and change key so I could get all the words in and kept proper tempo and key by cranking it back up in mixdown skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh, to add to degree of difficulty I did that one in my popeye voice ! looooooonnnng day many takes , hated the punch ins so ........
I actually thought about doing one with Been Everywhere but decided it was just too much work !

I was making fun of another radio personality,,,,I called it Walks Like A Big Pigeon ,,,It was a big local hit
He hated it ,and me after the first time I played it on the air , so I told him he was famous now and I had doubled his listeners which he realized was true and actually helped me sell them ,,,you can't make this kinda stuff up folks !

(If anybody doesn't understand any of this , sorry I slipped back into my old world for a sec.
Just laugh and nobody will know...)
Old 01-13-2021, 08:12 PM   #20579
RVM #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
That sounds truly crazily funny! It must have been a challenge not to make your Popeye voice sound like Alvin! 'Course that could've been explained as Popeye when he was a boy??
I had some of the funniest stuff happen to me when recording on battery power when the batteries were getting low. At full speed on 110 AC, well you can imagine.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:14 PM   #20580

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I liked that song, W.D. Soooooooo i found this! I like this one too! Rail!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?