Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2021, 08:31 AM   #20805

Good morning all!!

55* headed for 77*, partly cloudy day. It was very windy for a few hours yesterday, a few dust storms around. More of the same in the forecast for today.

Dennis, I will need that suite in Honda Red of course.

No complaints here about the weather,,,, seems we might be the only place with okay weather. Friend in Florida says he has 7 days of rain i forecast. We got rain on December 10th. But cold is everywhere else. Hope you all get better weather soon. We are shipping it out,,,, maybe will try a different shipper?

Regarding our park crazyness. We decided yesterday to try a new park, on the Arizona side of the rive. We move Friday coming. Very nice park, extremely clean, seems very well managed and customer focused. Gonna try a month evaluate as a place to stay next season. As somebody said, not pay this park for lousey service. We will report back on our experience. A lot of our friends here are yearly rentals,,,, logical to move at end of contract. Deb and I were monthly rentals, with a 5 month discounted plan,,,,,,,,,, they canceled the discounted plan, and raised the base monthly rate. New to us much nicer park is $2.50 more per month.

The down side is all our friends here. Hope some follow us, hope we stay togethe at least for our events. Fully intend to keep leading Jeep runs, no matter where we park our coach.

Tomorrow is the Hot Dog run. We go out in the desert at 1pm, drive about, then stop for a campfire and cook hot dogs. We drive out in the dark. Get to use our offroad lights, see the lights of the city in the distance etc.. Fun times!

Have a great day all!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2021, 09:01 AM   #20806

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Tractoring yesterday. A little practice and it goes very quickly.

Starting to warm up slightly. We were -24C (-11F) overnight. Supposed to get up to -21C today. Warmer tomorrow.

Task completed yesterday. Probably should have stayed home. Flurries seemed to make the highways very slippery. People still driving like it is summer time. Probably because they have 4 wheel or all wheel drive. We did our thing and returned home as soon as possible.

Going to head out later to put up some bike racks for a friend. She wants to get the bicycles off of the garage floor so she has more parking.

I am preparing the covid testing for the warmer breezes Ron. Hopefully the border agents will accept the test results. Heard that some have been placed in quarantine for taking the wrong test prior to presenting at the border. Unsure if we have to test for variants or not. Word is there is now a Nigerian variant. Wonder if that is a scam or if we give them our account number they will deposit a fortune??

Had a great conversation with Lloyd last night. Caught up on all of the park hijinks. Do not understand the pricing system they have come up with. As full year grandfathered residents the rate changes did not affect us near as much. We had a 300 yearly increase. A move to another park will mean an additional 600 yearly. We may have to downsize the golf cart, patio set, grill, etc.

Don't forget Valentines Day is tomorrow. Flowers gentlemen.

Have a great day.

Keep your stick on the ice and your eyes on the goal.
Old 02-13-2021, 11:55 AM   #20807

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Gordon, you can get your chuckles in today. Lower mainland of BC and southern Vancouver Island got a dump (6" or 15.24 cm) overnight and the fools of BC inept driving are having a field day. Way too much fun watching the inept pretend they know what they are doing.

Lloyd will this do?

Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:54 AM   #20808

Extra large cup of hot coffee this morning. 2° with fog this morning. Heading to 21° with cloudy skies. Sewing room is done for now. Going to set room up to scan all my old pictures and film. Got about 3" of snow yesterday. Need to clean that up with tractor. Before next batch falls.
Squirrel telling hawk that branch it's perched on belongs to it. I was not fast enough to get both in full picture. Squirrel won.

Popeye, good luck with heating optional.

Llyod, hope new park selection works out. We stayed at a park in Mesa, AZ. After first of year a new owner took over. They changed all kinds of rules. Including wanting full payment for site when reservation were made in April. Went to a park 1 block away. Took deposit for site and gave a discount for reserving in April. They had more activities then park we left.

Gordon, good luck on Covid testing. Sound like a better way to control border crossings than closing them. One couple found out that getting a Covid test at Mayo Clinic is not accepted in Hawaii.

Prayers and best wishes to everyone.

Good Morning All.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:17 AM   #20809

19* and still no sno* !

Old 02-14-2021, 08:04 AM   #20810

Good morning all!

54*, headed for 73*. Forecasted winds about mid day, but calmer in the afternoon. Our run today does not start till 1pm, as we eat dinner in the desert and return in the dark.

EZ, perfect. Correct color!! Will get you new address soon as we move for shipping!

Wait, I thought all Canadian's were expert everything winter just due to their DNA?? Did I miss something?

Happy valentines day all!!

Last year all the guys made a really nice Valentines dinner for the ladies. Complete with table clothes, flowers etc. We each cooked a course for the meal. It was a fun time. No can do this year, dag darn covid. Instead for those of us that offroad,,,, hot dogs in the desert.

Excited about our move to explore a new place with new offerings. Bummed about it due to all our friends. We may just be the recon team, checking out ahead for the others,,,,, cause we can given we have no agreed lease now. Or we could be back. We are the first to leave in our circle of friends, however many are disenchanted but have long term leases. Management here made it very clear, the new rent prices are subject to change. Pressure will be on them, lots of revenue has drove out of the park. Either have to recover from new business,,,, or the exsisting.

Daughter had her ribbon cutting for their new business yesterday on FB live. Deb and I watched. She contacted me last evening, and showed me pics of new jacket she embroidered for me, will model for a picture once I recv it.

Have a great day all!
Old 02-14-2021, 08:18 AM   #20811

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Curtis
The guy that owns the lot next to me lets the out of state bucket truck crews stage in his lot.
He's happy to help , plus if HIS power goes out he's the first in line , to go online..........:laugh
Yeah that's a perfect plan if he doesn't mind having big trucks idling all night to keep the motors from freezing and all the coming and going 24 hrs a day.

Fun times! Slept in the concrete floors of unheaded sub station control rooms more than I want to think about.
Once slept in the bed of my bucket truck for 70 miles while my helper drove because I was too tired to get down off the truck and needed to rest laid out. Slept on a bed of new crossarms. "And it wasn't romantic. As it was like 20 degrees outside and snowing.

Well, those days are over and I am super happy I'm retired.
Here is a shot of the Weathermans forecasted blizzard for last night. (Hint: our weather reporters get a little carried away when it comes to snow forecast.) But don't let that fool you. The black ice is deadly. 6 killed in that 150 vehicle pileup the other day near my daughter's house.

Ok, does this look like 7.5 inches to you? That's what they told us last night to expect by daybreak.
(Group shot of 4 of my security cameras as I lay in bed talking to Melissa and reading funny Facebook comments a out it.)
But there's more coming! Or so they are predicting.

Forgot to add: it's 16 degrees outside now and the wind is blowing 15 mph. Not a good day to walk the dogs.

Pray for Texas! WE aren't set up for this kind of weather. Best part is next week is pre Summer, so everyone is ironing their shorts and T shirts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210214_085519.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	318053  
Curtis in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 02:55 AM   #20812

Need to pour first cup of coffee. 10° with snow this morning. Heading to 15° with up to 6" of new snow. Maybe. Every forecast this winter of anything over 2" has missed it targeted amount. Got drive and walkways cleaned up yesterday. Sorted pictures. Going to start converting slides/film to digital today.
No other plans.
Squirrel took it's branch back from hawk. Hawk in my picture was about same size as squirrel. Squirrel was making all kinds of noise.

Curtis, something is just wrong with Texas snow.

Llyod, trying to take make for lost revenue on current paying tenants. Never works out in the long run.

Popeye, I may some extra Sno* to send your way if the weather guessers are right for a change.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.
Old 02-15-2021, 04:03 AM   #20813

Curtis
The trucks are usually out all night .
Just show up to rest up at the motel across the street and fuel up , themselves and the trucks...and go back out by opening time most days. He wouldn't care if they were there , big lot , less business during storms.
Looks like they'll be back tomorrow ....?
Sleeping on cold concrete is one thing , but On the floor in back of a bucket rig in a 20* storm ...THAT's a "Stinkin' Badge" right there OH AYUH ! Did you use a coil of wire for a pillow ???

Lloyd
My crew just told me that if you're gonna wear that honda red suit.
You can borrow the POLE !

Rail
Thanks for not finding the pic moose did.

moose
Report to Y.A.R.C. HQ for your "Stinkin' Badge" .
You have qualified for "Ain't Rightness".....
I almost skipped this award cuz Mother Nature already gave you hers...

Terry
Here we go again...........

:i con_peace:

Old 02-15-2021, 07:53 AM   #20814

Good morning all!

48* headed for 73*, sunny day forecasted. Yesterday was okay, made the lower 70's however 20 mph wind made it feel much colder. Today is supposed to be less wind,,,,, however it comes back tomorrow.

Thanks for the pole Popeye!!!

Curtis, many places who are not usually in the path are getting snow and Ice, our home in South Carolina is getting some, after 5 days of rain.

Hot Fog run was a huge success again this year. Although we don't do anything very technical,,,, everyone always enjoys this run. We didn't return to the park till almost 9pm. 10 vehicles!

Busy week ahead, packup and move to new park. Less to do upon arrival there, won't need ground carpet etc,,, nice patio and graveled site.

Ez, friends on the North end of the island there posting pics on FB of significant amounts of snow. They normaly winter here, not enjoying it all.

Have a great day all!
Old 02-15-2021, 08:54 AM   #20815

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Has been fairly cold the last few days. High yesterday was -19C, about 0F but a fairly stiff breeze. Wind chills around -31C. Went out once to get some tools from the coach and glad it is stored inside. Not to bad finding tools but the walk out and back was bitter. Supposed to be warming.

Canadian DNA is set up for winter but unfortunately in many cased the conscious memory overrides the DNA. BC is more Californish so people get lulled into complacency. Tires are not changed (in many cases there is no need) and in some cases tires are more like slicks. Common sense and practicality are not as common as once. It is the same here, especially the first of the season. Everyone continues to drive as if it is summer time. Went out on Friday to pick up some items. The roadway was definitely slick but people were flying by above the speed limit. Hindsight says I should have stayed home but luckily we did not encounter anyone having a problem.

Glad there was a successful Valentines dinner and night run. Next year we will do a more formal dinner I hope.

Listening to the news this morning the insanity is just getting worse. New rules crossing the land border that do not make sense with undefined or unclear exceptions. One woman complaining that she would be unable to share her kids with their father on the other side of the border. The visitation was court ordered and has been going on even though the land border has been closed to non essential travel. She thinks it will be unfair that they have to get a negative covid test prior to crossing. Truck drivers continue to be exempt.

Also talking about 3000 fine if you have the wrong test or no test when you show up at the border?

Also reported that an isolated native community (300 km, 186 miles) has reported a number of variant covid positive cases. They have had restricted access for over a month.

Tomorrow the vanity tops are being installed. Tile on Friday or Saturday. Will not be long before we are finished.

Replaced the valve in the main bathroom shower yesterday. Thanks to Youtube the replacement went quickly and easily.

Sun is out. Still quite cold (-26C) but hopes are for warming later in the week.

Keep your stick on the ice and your eyes on the goal.
Old 02-15-2021, 09:41 PM   #20816

Crossing from state to state.

Read that our president wants to close the interstates so you can't go from state to state. This will somehow stop the spread of covid. Ran some errands today before the snow storm. Tomorrow we are going to get 8" to 12"of snow. DH had a back ache today and seems stiff. Ibufrofen taken. I asked our 12year old neighbor to help him with snow removal tomorrow. He also had a bad leg cramp. Picked up some potassium and magnesium at the vitamin store today. He needs to drink more water. Spent a small fortune on vitamins. We had our big snowblower tuned up. It runs fine for 1/2hr. and then it chugs. We use ethanol free gas in it. Our medium snowblower works well. Did I mention that I hate winter!! Cold and snow are not my friend. LLoyd hope the new camping park works out for you. Take care all. Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:58 PM   #20817

All those in the cold......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1613450866783.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	318230  
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 02:52 AM   #20818

Coffee is brewing. 10° with snow and wind this morning. Heading to 17° with snow ending and wind dropping in afternoon. Will get tractor out and clean walkways and drive after snow and wind stops. Locks like we got about 6" of new snow. Plus lots of drifts.
Got a couple hundred photos scanned. Plus about 100 slides and film converted. Doing photos is fast and easy. Film and slides takes a lot more handling. For the time being I am going to only do photos. Then see what I do not have and scan the film. I have four 2'X3' containers of photos and film/slides to scan. Most of them are what my wife and I took over the years. But there are also full albums from both sides of our families going back over 100 years. Editing what the photos are will take more time. Good time to work on them.
Looking at you.

Ann, tell DH to be careful.

Popeye, got the full crew in.

Gordon, news on Covid gets crazier by the hour.

Llyod, hope the move goes smooth.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.