Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2021, 05:34 AM   #20931

7*+20* +15*
Last night low , today high and tonight low.
Any questions ? The answer is,,,,90 days 11 hours and 26 minutes til 6-1-21

That last dancer isn't lost ,,,,that's June Taylor !

RonJH
Wow , you actually get spring on the calendar date ? NICE.

Terry
I'm holdin' her steady winds 15-20kts and gusting to 45kts, but the seas are still in the 1 foot range , offshore winds are the best.

Power is on cuz the sun is up.
By the amount of noise I'm not hearing from next door,,,,,they are not so lucky....?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2021, 08:07 AM   #20932

Good morning all!

46* headed for 79*,,, sunny day expected.

Yesterday Larry came by and picked me and my trailer up. Took it to his shop and pulled the wheel that had a rattle in it,,, spring on the brakes magnet was not in the correct place. Not sure how that happened, fixed it and problem solved. It was not rattling when we left home. Spent the rest of day working on small projects on the Liberty.

Got invited to come back over this morning, friend Steve purchased a front cage kit for his (add's cross bars to the stock Jeep cage) that they plan to install today,,, requires a crew to lift the roof off and set aside during the install.

Gordon, sounds promissing. Maybe you will get rid of the wons during this heat wave.

VNM,,, did you make it home?

Popeye, based on your own rules you got 3 more months of winter?? Or cold anyway!

Terry, does not sound warm at your place!!!

Curtis,,, need to focus on that coach. Great dentist here in Algadones, savings would offset the cost of trip. I am going to Algadones for eye glasses Thursday.Ron just got glasses in the past few days.

We have 18 days left here. Season went quickly. Leave here on the 30th,,, headed for Florence Az where we will spend 4 days dry camping and exploring local trails in the area. Then we head for home.

Have a great day all!
Old 03-02-2021, 08:24 AM   #20933

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning;
Had a very nice day yesterday. Got to 9C (48F). Did an equipment move. SkiDoo is now in the unheated shed. Room now in the heated garage to do oil change on tractor.

While it was nice replaced the furnace and humidifier filters. Since it was warm outside I gave Janets car a sponge bath. Roads are pretty sloppy but the car will look good until the first drive.

Currently -4C (25F) and overcast. Predicted to be above freezing. Gave the weather system a big push towards the east. Hopefully the prevailing winds will carry it all the way to where needed or requested. Will send more as possible. Will attempt to keep marginal temperatures? Who am I trying to kid. Going to watch whatever we get move on to where ever it may go.

March already. February seemed a bit short this year. Long range forecast is for temperatures around freezing for the forecast period, well into the middle of the month.

Have a great day.

Keep your stick on the ice and your eyes on the goal.
Old 03-03-2021, 12:43 AM   #20934

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good afternoon everyone! Coffee is still good!

Went to the hospital to see the vampire nurses! Go back Friday to see the Dr. and find out what the liver enzymes are up to?
Drove the Hilux diesel pickup to give her some exercise!
Went by the mall and to the Tops supermarket, and picked up some chicken/mushroom pot pies! They are very tasty, and i have always liked a good potpie!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 03-03-2021, 02:35 AM   #20935

Morn all, from lovely Chapin,sc. we have talked about why ever leave Chapin when the weather is really great year round, I guess we r adventurers and sunchasers.
We will make Tucson our home for 3-4 months during winter for next couple years. Planning on doing Utah for month b4 Tucson, it will b our longest time out, right now standing at 4 months.
I have to get awning looked at, I press the button n it goes out or comes in only several inches at time.
I think I stopped h2o intrusion with caulking slide seams of slides, and putting pipe dope on inside plumbing pipes seems to be keeping all concerned connected n tight.
I hope with everyone out there safe n warm, they are rolling COVID vaccine shots our way n we r still on fence about it, being we had it in November.
Best to all
Mike
vnm01wer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:43 AM   #20936

Waiting on coffee maker to finish brewing. 26° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 51° with mostly sunny skies. Got more pictures scanned yesterday. Worked on couple of Mule projects. Waiting for warmer weather to work on windshield. The aluminum roof makes a lot of noise when out in ruff terrain. Put some rubber on roll bar to stop the noise. Going to putter outside when temperature gets warmer today.
Maybe this is why I am feeding so much bird seed.

Rail, chicken/mushroom pot pie sounds good.

Gordon, did you use SkiDoo much this winter?

Popeye, now less than 90 days. Getting there. Forecast calls for some 60° days next week. Will send any extra warmth to you and terry.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 03-03-2021, 03:54 AM   #20937

16+38 wind below 10...42 inside .

The one and only Zanfir with his pan flute is today's headliner !
The belly dancer was the only one that even attempted it.

A big surprise at the ticket booth... the martians showed up big time,,,,,,and.....then....there....was.... the guards from the asylum ???
Well , I guess they like what they like !

We were lucky to get Zanfir , he must be like 100 years old...

RonJH
Looks like the pole on that feeder may need reinforcement ???

And now , here's Lloyd to tell us how nice it is in YUMA !
(I think he's secretly trying to compete with Rail !)
Old 03-03-2021, 07:34 AM   #20938

Good morning all!

46* headed for 73*, another sunny day.

Gordon have you used the elec heat in that garage this winter? Wondering how it does after your upgrade?

RonJ, you that will drain the bird feed bag pretty quickly!

A couple friends from Araby came by yesterday and visited us at our new park. Evidently they are close to making reservations here for next season. One couple has a coach, one rents park models. They are looking at sites pretty close to our site reserved for next season.

Rail,,, checken pot pies are my favorites. Great cold day supper. Sorta like stew.

Jeep run today, friend Bill is leading. He has a knack for finding challenging stuff. I doubt today will be any different.

VNM, glad you are home safe and sound! I don't find the weather all that great in S.C. during the winter. Not as bad as many here,,, but pretty damp and gloomy for days on end. Family tells us this winter was over the top in that category.

Have a great day all!
Old 03-03-2021, 09:39 AM   #20939

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Morning all,

Not much happening here. Had my first Covid injection on the 24th of last month. Can't wait to get my second. Martha gets her first injection today. We have been working diligently on the house trying to get things the way we want them. Outside is done now except for one minor repair and some caulking. I wanted outside projects done before Tucson summer comes upon us.

The coach comes back from Phoenix May 3rd. It is currently on consignment with no action to report yet. Once it's home I will advertise it heavily. The plan is to sell it and purchase a Teardrop fo we can camp in dispersed camping areas. We will also be traveling out of country if the pandemic ever allows that again.

Hope everyone is well. Stay that way my friends.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:57 AM   #20940

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning;
Have not tried the electric heat yet. Going to try it in the next few days. Should work well as we are just below freezing at night and above during the day.

I do not take out the skidoo. Dont have a lot of interest and it is a mountain sled. Long track and 160 hp. Repairs are costly and with my luck something will break if I try it. If I want it moved I sling it with the tractor. I may bump something but damage would be very light.

Sun is out and sky is lightly overcast. Going to be a great day.

Keep your stick on the ice and your eyes on the goal.
Old 03-04-2021, 02:52 AM   #20941

26+32 ,any improvement a week away..........maybe.

I couldn't find my crew today !
Just a whole lot (millions) of the green guys (and gals?)
That were setting up the show

I immediately cancelled.

You never know what will happen with that many green M&Ms in one place , but you probably don't want an audience !

You're welcome.
Old 03-04-2021, 03:10 AM   #20942

Poured first cup of coffee. 29° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 33° with cloudy skies. Was a great day yesterday. But while waiting for it to warm up. I started scanning some more photos and film. Sat to long at the desk. Back started hurting. Did refill bird feeders. But not much else. Back is better today. I need to put a better chair at that desk. Will do some more scanning today. No other plans.
Got report back on Sundays MRI yesterday. NO changes from last report. No added care needed.

Popeye, deer is pushing pole in right direction to straighten it. It was putting very little pressure on pole. Hmm, maybe you could use it in the crew.

Gordon, 160 hp snowmobile. Any pictures.

Charlie, good luck selling coach. I am interested in a teardrop for camping. Something my Captiva can tow.

Terry, I wanted to send some of the warmth from yesterday your way. Buuuuut, I am trying to save some for today. Should be some extra to send next week.

Llyod, hoe the challenging ride went well.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 03-04-2021, 06:55 AM   #20943

Good morning all!

53* headed for 70*, partly cloudy. Boy, it got windy yesterday. Our in the desert we were getting beat about. Up on the high ridges the Jeep would rock,,,, do not need help sliding/tiping up there!

Jeep run was great, lots of challemges,,,, if there was a theme I would say leaners. Seemed a lot of those yesterday,,, one special one was a leaner that also slid ya side ways,,, those will make your cabose grip the seat!

Charlie,, May 3rd will come quickly.Hope the sale goes quickly.

I am off to Algadones today,, going to get new glasses. I wear contacts, but use glasses when I first get up in the morning,,, and as backup/emergency. Current pair is very old.

Well got to run, gonna get there early and try and get back before the border closes at 3pm Yuma time.

Have a great day all!
Old 03-04-2021, 07:22 AM   #20944

Typical my luck. Went to Oral Surgeon Monday and he says that tooth may take a crown so go to dentist and see if it van be saved before we pull it.
50 miles one way I drove for this advice!

THEN, My Dentist, I've used for years, has stopped taking any and all Medicare supplemental insurance. And they got real nasty about it too!

So now I'm looking for a new dentist. Tooth doesn't hurt, just broke in half. So I'm going to find one a LOT CLOSER!

Then went out to my RV to check on it after last months rolling blackouts and the refrigerator is out. Guess all those rolling blackouts killed it. Darn my luck....Now I'm definitely going to get a new generator.

I have checked the electric fuses inside the Coach and they are still good. So now it's time to dig into the guts of it and see if it's a circuit board, an element or the magic smoke leaked out.(amonia)

Did a little research last night on the Internet and found this guy's RV repair videos. My kinda guy.

Not only does he show how to diagnose issues, he shows how to correct issues, order the right parts, or parts that can be made to work in my Coach if original parts are no longer avaulable, or how to "work around" issues to get it going until one can get the parts to fix it, or to a Stealership!

https://youtu.be/MWss-_ksh78

You DIYers will love him. He has an entire series covering many RV related subjects.

I love "work arounds". I was famous at work for understanding how multi million dollar electronic and mechanical control systems work and how to get them back online even if it took a "work around".

Never liked "parts changers" technicians or mechanics. I had to understand the how's and why's that make things tick.

So, I'm off to trouble shoot the RV's refrigerators master circuit board and find a new Dentist I trust!

My life! At least the weather has been nicer.