Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2021, 09:22 PM   #20959

Winnebago Owners Club
Stan - not sure about the TFal fryer. We have a NuWave and it is really good. Prefer it over deep frying.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2021, 03:01 AM   #20960

First cup of coffee is cooling. 22° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 39° with lots of sun. Grocery shopping went well. Got all items on list. Not sure what I will get done today. Even though it look nice outside yesterday. North wind made very uncomfortable. Today is going the same.
Can you find my eyes.

Harvey, those trees are going to take awhile to grow.

Llyod, good you can see again with glasses.

Rail, good news on Dr report.

Popeye, flowers to brighten everyones day.

Gordon, those items finish a project always take the longest time.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 03-06-2021, 04:56 AM   #20961

9+ 30 are today's #s

Bobby

Today's show is for yer sister.

Rail

Harv
It sounds like the trees decided how much root for you !
Hope the magic dust works.

Lloyd
I wouldn't mind a day of those temps one little bit.
Old 03-06-2021, 08:32 AM   #20962

Good morning all!

54* without clouds, headed for 86*, gonna be a nice one!

Popeye, I am doing my best to push some of this Northeast. As we build heat here we will get better at that. Hang in there! 3 fingers????

Rail, we have air frier. Forget what brand. Have not used it much. Seem to forget we have it and don't plan meals with it in use.

Friends coming for dinner this evening. Then tomorrow leading small group west bound about 80 miles to explore Canyon Sin Nombre, Sandstone Canyon, and a place called the Mud Caves. Looks like it will be fun.

Time sure has flown by here. We leave Yuma in 14 days. That will go by very quiickly!

Have a great day all!
Old 03-07-2021, 03:03 AM   #20963

Drinking first cup of coffee. 18° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 40° with lots of sunshine. About all I got done yesterday was get some apples put in dehydrator. House smells good while they are drying out. Going to visit my son and his family today. First social visit in months. I feel safer now that I had second shot. 3 weeks ago. Maybe some NASCAR in evening.
Cleaning up feeder droppings as snow melts.

Llyod, send some of that warmth more north. I will share it with Popeye and others East of me.

Rail, I have had 3 different Air Fryers. All have worked good. I did not want another appliance setting on counter or shelf. So a got a Breville oven. One appliance that does many.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:21 AM   #20964

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning all, 11* heading for high 20's, if anyone is wondering why northern cars don't last, here is a picture yesterday of the road, that is not snow on the road it's salt, yup tire tracks in the salt spread on dry roads in case it snows, crazyClick image for larger version

Name:	20210306_085155.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	320368
Old 03-07-2021, 04:37 AM   #20965

14+34 , all orb , wind under 5.

The theme for today's show was blue.....

Lloyd
Could ya put a rush on that temp order ?????????

Amazing !
I was holding my hand up with the tip of my forefinger touching my thumb tip.........(Onna Doze)
So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yeah !

I'll take two pair .
Rush on those too if possible ......

Rail

That's twice !

WD
Lawn mowing time in camp yet ?

RonS
Results of freeze damage check ?

bap
You still reading ?

Gordon
wons gone?

Charlie
Good plan.

paul
Is it yours yet ?
Old 03-07-2021, 05:39 AM   #20966

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning all. Yes Popeye, check of pipes at homestead all went good. No broken lines in house or either garage apartment. And no outrageous electric bills for the cold snap.

Going on long trip today to wheel in the mountains west of here around Ocotillo CA. Leave at 7am. Might be dark-thirty when we return. Should be a good day.

Time flying here. Less than one month and it will be time to return to Texas. Do not know what that return trip will look like. Second vaccine dose is Mar 26 and two weeks after that is Apr 9? We will see.

Every one stay safe out there. I hope to be seeing y'all on down the road.

rsp
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 07:01 AM   #20967

RonS
Good to hear that !!

There's enough stress associated with traveling already.
This virus stuff sure isn't helping with that ....

Sounds like a fun trip today...

Scratches for the dog wonder and of course scratch off a Shiner cap or two.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:20 AM   #20968

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Been pretty nice here for the last while. Currently -2C (28F). Overnight low was -5.5C (22F). High today is predicted to be 7C (45F). Cooler for the next few days, close to freezing and then warming up.

Lots of wons in the yard yet but heavily crystalline. Granular consistency that skiers call corn. Probably 6 - 8 inches of that. With a cool period for a few days I expect a lot of the water to soak in. Yesterdays predicted rain did not happen so it is unlikely there will be much of of a runoff this year. Although there is a 70% chance of flurries tonight.

Ron - happy for you there is no damage to the house. Great news.

Sun is up, we slept in, with scattered clouds.

Everything done in the washroom except the last of the plumbing. Waiting on the shower doors and have not heard from the plumber about them. Will text later. Would like the thing finished. Then pictures.

Have a safe trip in the desert and caving. Looking forward to seeing the photographs.

Have a great day.

Keep your stick on the ice and your eyes on the goal.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:46 AM   #20969

21+36 are today's #s. All orb but winds still out of the north^^^

I slept in today ( 4:30?) , when I got to the venue , the show was over !?!?!?!?!
Old 03-08-2021, 03:08 AM   #20970

Need to pour first cup of coffee. 25° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 61° with a mix of sun and clouds. Good visit with my son yesterday. Checked out his new bike. Very nice looking. 2007 Honda Shadow. With today's warm weather plan to start cleanup of yard.

Popeye, I slept in also. Looks like Llyod did get some of the warmth directed toward me. Leftovers will be headed your way.

RonS, time flies when you are having fun. Good house was not damaged by TX power outages.

Gordon, snow is melting slowly here also. Will see what happens when rain comes later this week.

Everyone stay safe and healthy

Good Morning All.
Old 03-08-2021, 03:15 AM   #20971

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
morning
Got the PA started Saturday with a little help from the concours.
Got the 64 started too but left her in garage still too much salt on the roads.
Thinking the alternator took a dump yesterday in the concours. Went to Post Office which is about a 10 minute drive and it took 2 hours.
Thought I'd stop a cemetery too see Mom And Dad and sister and Joes brother and that's where the fun started. Car died at Joes brothers head stone and had to call Joe to bring tools. Got it jumped and off I went made it about 2 miles and she died again. Joe jumped me and off I went again. Had to jump me 3 more times till we made it home.
Currently 40 above zero.
I don't think I have seen so many peoples out walking yesterday it was in the 50ties.
Have started my garden seeds in the house, I think a little early cause they are doing really well in living room window.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210304_092342.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	544.6 KB
ID:	320503  
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:44 AM   #20972

Good morning all!

The key to the "send heat north plan" is to have the warmth to send. Happy to report at 6:48am temp here is 61*!! Shipping is working on the northern points of the compass!
High expected of 81* today.

Tim, Hello! Good to hear from you. Bummer at the car. Did something go wrong with the jump start to arc the altenator? The new units are very sensitive. Hope you and Joe are well, we miss you here in Yuma.

Really nice run yesterday. The canyons were so beautiful,,, and fun to drive through. One technical down hill called the "Diablo Drop Off" but given gravity was available during the entire run going down it was no problemo. Deb took over 75 photo's. Attached is a very small sample.

Gordon, for me at least, the project went very fast. Excited for you.

We have less than 2 weeks before we leave here. Saturday the 20th is road day. The season sure did go fast.

Pictures below,,,, 4x4's lined up, where we took our lunch break. Picture does not reflect how that giant sandstone cliff leaned over us all.

Campers in the desert with what how now become known as a "Overlander" rig. We saw many of these throughout the day.

Entrance to a Mud Cave we all explored some. It was a 1/4 mile long, and came out on top of the cliff.

Deb with Rubi!

One of the squeeze sections in Sandstone Canyon,, note the black tire marks on the left wall, needed to run your tires on that wall to clear the other side. Except Ron who say's his tracker was in overdrive, cruise control was on and his arm was out the window!!!

Have a great day all!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210307_112226.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	411.4 KB
ID:	320521   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01584.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	459.4 KB
ID:	320522