Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-06-2021, 08:54 AM   #21127

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Popeye - sorry about the reduction in Mom visits. Hope things will get better quickly.

Sun is shining and the sun is up. Going to be a lovely day.

Going to get some seeds started as a project today.

Have a great day.

Keep your stick on the ice and your eyes on the goal.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2021, 05:28 PM   #21128

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Hi all
Happy Easter
Took a dive in driveway 4 weeks ago wXimg the 64 hiting the Genesis putting dent in fender tearing up shoulder.
So now need complete reverse shoulder replacement.
DANGGGGGG Spritz! That looks like stuff I do!
I know your pain.
Heal Quickly.......

Tomorrows visit with M's Dr has been cancelled. She wants us to go see a Surgeon next week or two. Doesnt promise anything, other than she doesn't have a game plan.

We haven't told her but we are already getting a second opinion from the Oncologist Dr. Monday of next week. He is the Dr we first saw when this all started. Going to take all her records and a CD of the last PET Scan. And yes, the drive is gonna be BAD!

Gotta be somebody that can venture a game plan out there somewhere.

The RV Refrigerator bracket that got ommitted from the first shipment came today. Only took 2 weeks. And wouldn't you know it, it's the wrong one. So I modified it in my Best Tim Taylor fashion. Waiting for the paint to dry before I install it.

Hey Popeye, I have a speaker question for you. On my Coach there are 2 little 2 inch speakers about halfway down the Coach that don't work. Figure they rusted up or something. My question is, can you tell me the importance for the things on the wires that look like a choke/ filter and a capacitor? I can PM you and send you pictures of the little monster!
I removed one, destroying the Capacitor and Choke (?Filter?) doing it. I put some 400 watt outdoor speakers on those wires yesterday and they work fine. Thinking of just mounting some 4 inch speakers in their place and Rocking Out all through the Big Girl.
(There are big speakers in the bedroom that can be switched to the dash radio too.)
With my new Dash Radio, with bluetooth, I can really jam while doing the remodel. Infact, my entire neighorhood gets a daily dose of Jessie Collin Young and Graham Nash now. Should put a "tie in" to the shops speakers and really get into it.........

Anyway, just wondering if you can shed some light on why the little 2 inch speaker has a coke and capacitor wired to it. It's not like they were very loud when they did work.

With that, the paint should be dry, so I'm going to go get the fridge ready to go back in.

Later Gator~
Old 04-06-2021, 06:17 PM   #21129

Sure Curtis No problemo amigo
The little coil and cap are (were) a 6dB per octave passive crossover network. The cap filters out the low end (why they sounded weak) and the coil filters out the highs , xover freq is determined by the values of those components. ..There should be some bigger speakers somewhere close that don't have much sizzle in 'em Although one may be dead now with that x-over removed....
Remote chance they are part of some kind of surround system too ?
Replacing the big ones with some full range coaxials like you have is A-OK. (Guessing those are 4 ohm spks you put in to test. 8 ohm ones won't CRANK )
One more thought,,,,listen for distortion , and turn it down till it goes away ,,,, voice of experience ,,,that's how speakers especially tweets heat up and release the magic smoke !!! skuh kuh kuh kuh and yes it's possible to protect that out of the equation with fuses !

I used to wind my own coils for the speakers I built , but my crossovers were 12dB per octave (2 coils and 2 caps ,,,NP electrolytic).
Stuff like this is how I got into and was able to survive in the concert circuit.

Good luck with finding a plan for M and hope it's a perfect one
Old 04-07-2021, 04:59 AM   #21130

"Morning Maineiac Music"

Old 04-07-2021, 05:49 AM   #21131

Good morning all! From Ohio!!!

We have been on the road a hour now,,, but we spent the night in Finlay, Ohio. Long story short, found a great deal on Deb's dream car (new to her) at the Ford dealer in Owosso Michigan,,,,,, imagine that Lynne and Jerry's home town!!! But they are not home. Anyway Deb is driving and loving the new car, it is just about new, 2,500 miles. We flew up yesterday on a moments notice, Expedia cheapie flights. Should be home tonight, 527 miles to go of the 715 that it was when we left the dealers.

Curtis, more best wishes for Melissa and you.

Gordon, I know you are happy,,,,, planting season!

Popeye, hope this entire thing goes away soon. Everybody wants normal.

Have a great day all!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210406_190058.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	589.0 KB
ID:	324143  
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:55 AM   #21132

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Had a great day yesterday.

Having some issues with the furnace humidifier. Managed to get it working for a short time (failed again by this morning) and felt pretty good. Guess I am going to have to replace it. The solenoid for the water works sporadically. Not much more to replace the entire unit than replace the solenoid. Will try taking it out but will be ordering a replacement humidifier.

Moved the anemometer to a better location. Was able to auger a hole for a new post in the garden near some annual plants (rhubarb). While out there I checked and the garlic is coming up.

Also noted that the grass is dry enough so I can get out the bagger and pick up all of the debris and leaves that came down after everything was put away last fall.

Never nothing to do and now that spring is here I will not be bored.

Covid numbers are up so the government is taking us back to level 1. Most business and attractions are going to be closed for the next while.

Price of fuel is going through the roof. Needless to say there are a number of businesses who will not let any panic go by without using it to increase profits.

Have a great day.

Keep your stick on the ice and your eyes on the goal.
Old 04-07-2021, 04:54 PM   #21133

Keeping myself as busy in the shop as I can and getting some things done. But the hurrier I go the behinder I get, is now my lifes story.

Fooled with the new window regulator motors that came this morning at 7 am, until I thought I had them ready to go back in, but nope. 2 of the bolt holes won't line up.. So about 4 PM this afternoon I decided to just tear the OEM motors apart cause, "What have I got to lose?"
And wouldn't you know it? It was just corroded and there was a little internal thermal contact that was compromised. Oh and the connector that the motor plugs into the doors wiring harness does not work. I spent maybe 15 minutes and cleaning and greasing it up. Emory clothed the contact and traced out the votage until I could get it to go all the way trough it. Put it back together, wired in a new modular connector and the darn thing started working like new.

Oh well, the new regulator motors I bought are the same as the ones used on the kiwiki steps.

Thanks Popeye. I had a hunch you could tell me about those speakers.
Here is the one I haven't torn up yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16178358662038283814528058255092.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	324210  
Old 04-07-2021, 06:20 PM   #21134
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Good morning all! From Ohio!!!

We have been on the road a hour now,,, but we spent the night in Finlay, Ohio. Long story short, found a great deal on Deb's dream car (new to her) at the Ford dealer in Owosso Michigan,,,,,, imagine that Lynne and Jerry's home town!!! But they are not home. Anyway Deb is driving and loving the new car, it is just about new, 2,500 miles. We flew up yesterday on a moments notice, Expedia cheapie flights. Should be home tonight, 527 miles to go of the 715 that it was when we left the dealers.
Not recognizing the dream car. What is it? Enquiring minds want to know!

Congrats, Deb!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:19 PM   #21135

Gulf Streamers Club
Evening everyone. Another beautiful day here in Yuma. I could get used to staying here at the new place in the foothills. Went to Mexico today with Frank and Bart. I needed to check on new glasses and get a hair cut and make a run by the pharmacy. Then back to the south 40 and a little food and a nap. And cleaned and sorted until 3:30 and drove to RE for happy hour. Lynne and Jerry are leaving Friday morning so that was our last chance for a happy hour. Tomorrow we are meeting at the Eatery for our last group meal out. I will be going back to Texas soon. Maybe Apr 19 Monday or maybe not.

Hoping all are well or heading in that direction. Stay safe out there. I want to see y'all on down the road.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:10 AM   #21136

47+59 today's #s. Cloudy , NNW <10 winds.

Sea temp is...nice to look at.

Lloyd
I think it's gonna be around for a long time still many refusing them , but hopefully the shots will improve every year for the rest of us. .......

RonS
You still in the western location?
It sounds strange that you have to go east to get back to Texas !

RonJH
Inquiring minds want to know.....
Do you still fill the feeders when winter ends ?

Tim
This is Walter's year for a visit to your grille !!!!

Curtis
So much audio tech is stuck in my head , I could do that while asleep I guess......
Good save on the motors ! Probably same deal for you doing that ?

I don't know much about that first group but liked their attitude .
(They have been assimilated)
Old 04-08-2021, 04:53 AM   #21137

Good morning all!

55* headed for 79*, partly cloudy day.

We are home, all went well on the trip. Deb is loving the car.

CWK, It is a Ford Transit Connect Wagon. I call it a micro van,,, it is smaller than a mini van. You see many of these in the cargo commercial version all over the country. Supposedly worlds top selling van. The wagon version is just catching on here in the usa. Car is not broken in yet,,, but we got 30.7 mpg on the way home. It can do better, we went thru the mtns of west virginia, virginia and north carolina.

Tim, you still there? When is surgery??

Gordon, sounds like you are ready to get your spring underway. Froast must be out of the ground given you were able to post hole dig!

Got a call yesterday, fence job today. And so the season begins. Not a paint job, install job. Posts are already done,,,, but 1,200' of fence needs the 4 boards. I will be sore tonight!

Curtis, just installed a new motor in our steps. Used a NAPA matched up part. A little bit different but still fit and gets the job done.

Have a great day all!
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:42 AM   #21138

Lloyd I found a clip of Deb buying her new wheels.....
Old 04-08-2021, 08:46 AM   #21139

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Was planning on cutting some trees today but as I look out of the office window I see wons gently drifting down. Going to be pretty wet for the rest of the day so perhaps the cutting task will be better done another day.

Planted our bedding plants yesterday. Tomatoes, peppers, watermelon and brussel sprouts. Checked this morning and nothing up yet. Expect it will take a while but at least it is started.

Frost is somewhat out but I was only able to drill down a little over a foot. Lots enough to put in the post that holds the wind gauge. Feels good to get some of the stuff outside under way. Think I mentioned the garlic was up previously. Noticed that it was dry enough to get the bagger on and start cleaning up the winter grass but that will be postponed for at least a day.

Have moved the grill to the deck but the patio table and chairs are still stored. Need to move them to get the bagger out so all is going into stasis for a day or two.

Smart looking vehicle Lloyd. I particularly like the color. Now you just have to have a few more kids to fully utilize it!! LOL. We like the taller vehicles as they are easier to get in and out of.

Have a great day.

Keep your stick on the ice and your eyes on the goal. More appropriate today with the wons fall! LOL.
Old 04-08-2021, 09:43 AM   #21140

Lloyd, is that Ford flat towable or will you have to dolly it? Sounds like the mileage is great. And if you evr need side money she can always delliver Amazon Packages with it.......

Tim, I am hurting for you Bud.

We will be seeing a Thorasic Surgeon in the next 2 weeks, but will get a second opinion before I let her go under the knife on just the advice of the 1st Dr. That hasn't impressed me yet.

OUr original Oncologist retired. I miss the big guy. Had the bed side manners of a Mule, but he knew his stuff!